All Kings and Queens die, but how do they live thread.

Started by Shabago, October 26, 2022, 01:57:01 PM

And go.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

Can an elf become a lord of the mul outpost?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on October 26, 2022, 01:59:52 PM
Can an elf become a lord of the mul outpost?

Yes. Any race can take control.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

What is stopping Allanaki Blues from just taking it over because they can command soldiers and this is the war they've been looking for?
What is stopping the gith from taking it over once more food and trade starts coming in?

What is stopping you from electing me High Chancellor of the Mul Pits?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on October 26, 2022, 02:12:50 PM
What is stopping Allanaki Blues from just taking it over because they can command soldiers and this is the war they've been looking for?
What is stopping the gith from taking it over once more food and trade starts coming in?

elves? Elves.

Can tribal factions (Sun Runner, Two Moons, Twin Tribes, etc) seize control, or will they be barred from participating?

Quote from: Riev on October 26, 2022, 02:12:50 PM

1) Same sort of reasons they didn't take over the salt camp, RSV, Luirs. Either it's entirely beneath their time or concern, or more profitable to leave it be for trade purposes. Can a Blue raise a group of PCs to go wipe out a bandit-leader causing issues? Possibly. An army? Pretty doubtful unless they really, really did something horrific to get that attention.
2) Same as now, really. They have their turf. The outpost has it's gates and people. Unless they were enticed to attack, it seems pointless for their losses.

3) Not a thing. Get on it!

Quote from: Svalinya on October 26, 2022, 02:22:34 PM
Can tribal factions (Sun Runner, Two Moons, Twin Tribes, etc) seize control, or will they be barred from participating?

They're out, yes.

I can see them doing like a lil bit of raiding/razing and creating a power vacuum if the power in control of the outpost was bad

My feedback for this won't be very long. I think Arm thrives when stuff like this happens organically. Let people chat about in DMs, post places that "shall not be named", and let the excitement spread like wildfire that way. I'm not a fan of role calls for the same reason, correct me if I'm wrong - they have historically not been well
received and I could never understand why I never got one, so I just stopped.

I think Arm fires on all cylinders when shit goes down far away from things like the GDB and discord. What I'm basically talking about is the integrity
of the game. It's a colossal effort but when done right that's when Arm (and any RPI mud) shines.

Mul Outpost has been taken over multiple times again and again and again. Usually as a staging area for further ... whatever.  Once the need is passed, the forces left and the survivors returned to the outpost.  The main reason why nobody conquered the outpost permanently is due to it being too useless for the level of effort required to survive in there.

Quote from: kahuna on October 26, 2022, 02:38:59 PM
My feedback for this won't be very long. I think Arm thrives when stuff like this happens organically. Let people chat about in DMs, post places that "shall not be named", and let the excitement spread like wildfire that way. I'm not a fan of role calls for the same reason, correct me if I'm wrong - they have historically not been well

I think Arm fires on all cylinders when shit goes down far away from things like the GDB and discord. What I'm basically talking about is the integrity
of the game. It's a colossal effort but when done right that's when Arm (and any RPI mud) shines.

I don't know what you're trying to say here other than "Let someone take over the Outpost organically" and while I'd be for that... technically that outpost is more than 4 NPCs and the sponsored PC. Its pretty huge, so nobody is going to be "Fred that just got out of the Byn and decide to lead the mul outpost".

A sponsored role is SUPPOSED to be a "You're special in some way. You're noble, or were a really good Byn Sergeant and we need you in this non-virtual unit".

Amos and Malik can't just trot up and win the Mul Outpost. Because if they can, oh god is this a bad idea.
Amos and Malik can't just trot up and win the Mul Outpost. UNFAIR STAFF MY CHARACTER HAS 20DAYS PLAYED THEY CAN FIGHT A MUL.

I'm not sure how much I can say, but it originally did happen organically to my knowledge. But Arm happened to the characters.

Quote from: Hauwke on October 26, 2022, 03:01:25 PM

I'm not sure how much I can say, but it originally did happen organically to my knowledge. But Arm happened to the characters.

This had originally started (and stopped) twice before due to storage, RL issues, or what have you after initial staff plot (the group mentioned in the announcement post).

Credit where due, however, the biggest advancements belong to a specific PC, should they wish to name themselves. The Outpost isn't as barren as it once was. Two buildings, gates and a stable exist due to their efforts.

This has the feeling of something that has started in the past, and ultimately fell through.  (Governorship in Tuluk and being able to 'build' in the ruins, and the Council of Luir's Outpost)

Do you know where the faults were with the previous two systems in the past?
Do you know how to prevent the issues that arose in the two systems?

I would suggest to have an indepth "set the expectations for the players" so there isn't "scope creep"?   

I would like this project to be successful, and I don't want to see the mistakes of the past be duplicated.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

With the known of tribes not able to be in a control figure there.  Will the Post be counted as part of the tablelands and tribes there or as something new due to the pc leadership?
Just having fun.

Sounds like blockades in Puzzle Pirates where a flag can control an island.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Riev on October 26, 2022, 02:45:08 PM

I don't know what you're trying to say here other than "Let someone take over the Outpost organically" and while I'd be for that... technically that outpost is more than 4 NPCs and the sponsored PC. Its pretty huge, so nobody is going to be "Fred that just got out of the Byn and decide to lead the mul outpost".

A sponsored role is SUPPOSED to be a "You're special in some way. You're noble, or were a really good Byn Sergeant and we need you in this non-virtual unit".

Amos and Malik can't just trot up and win the Mul Outpost. Because if they can, oh god is this a bad idea.
Amos and Malik can't just trot up and win the Mul Outpost. UNFAIR STAFF MY CHARACTER HAS 20DAYS PLAYED THEY CAN FIGHT A MUL.

A 20 days played character seems well qualified to try and take over.  Certainty more then someone who wrote a couple paragraphs about what they did virtually.

QuoteI don't know what you're trying to say here other than "Let someone take over the Outpost organically"
All I'm trying to say is that there is a lot of stuff in the game that happened because players (and staff) ran with it, which should happen more often. I'm just not a fan of looking for players on an OOC forum. Let players app what they want, if there's an opening, first come, first serve. The rolecall process is flawed, needlessly tedious and I don't think it sets up special PCs at all, I think it diminishes in game processes and efforts.

I know what youre saying. Believe me. But what is the difference?

Whether you actually played the 20d or not, the story is the same. So should fun things only go to people who play more time than others?

I've long advocated that if you kill a sponsored role your character gets to become the sponsored role.

Jokes aside, I hope this doesn't further dilute the playerbase or encourage any punitive adjustments to current PC hubs to try and force players towards it.

QuoteSo should fun things only go to people who play more time than others?
More time invested should equal more something, I wouldn't say fun but if someone is playing more and doing more they should reap the benefits of that play time, yes.

Couple questions:

Do those that take over the Outpost become sponsored in that role?

Are 'takeover' RPT times established by the owner, attacker or staff?

Are there going to be takeover times or can it be a surprise to the owning entity of a group just rolls in out of nowhere?

Can the owning entity set NPCs to be hostile to certain individuals or clans?
   -Does the owning entity get NPCs?

Can magickers take over the Outpost?

Is there a set limit/list/type of construction upgrade or will we have agency to get creative?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on October 26, 2022, 07:20:35 PM
I've long advocated that if you kill a sponsored role your character gets to become the sponsored role.

Jokes aside, I hope this doesn't further dilute the playerbase or encourage any punitive adjustments to current PC hubs to try and force players towards it.

There can be only one! I support this 100%
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I'm very interested in seeing where this and other changes go. Kudos, staff, I appreciate the effort, game is always feeling fresh lately no matter what!