Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

June 09, 2009, 02:13:35 AM #775 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:15:35 AM by Fathi
Okay, it's been more than a year so I can finally post about this.

A long time ago, something caused a ranger of mine to fall and land into this room.

You feel a sharp pain in your back and blood wells up in your throat!
There is a noise behind you--a stoic halfling sentinel tried to stab you with a smallspear!
Your spine tingles and you turn around just as a stoic halfling sentinel tries to stab you!
You deftly parry a stoic halfling sentinel's attack.
A stoic halfling sentinel doubles you over with a powerful side kick - OOF!
You deftly parry a stoic halfling sentinel's attack.
A lean halfling hunter viciously leaps toward you, but a tattered pair of black-stained leather leggings gets in the way.
A lean halfling hunter's attack on you is absorbed by a black-stained, hard-edged bracer.

Managed to survive, flee from somewhere in the area of 12 to 15 NPC halflings that were tracking and backstabbing all over the place. I picked a random direction to run, which happened to be the only direction out of the halfling-ridden area, and picked a random room to rest in... that happened to be 1 room from an insta-death trap. Managed to get rescued and survive for another 50+ days of playtime.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: LauraMars on June 08, 2009, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Krath on June 08, 2009, 03:15:19 PM
This is over a year ago...My PC Menach was with a few other Badasses, Kon included,
and we were going to destroy an allanaki Village...Well at the time the current magicker
opened a portal to the given village, only to be met by the RED ROBED Samos and his
legion of goons! We ran as fast as we could, Kon, Menach, and two magickers into the
sands. At that time my PC had a custom tent, with a jade cross in its Sdesc. Well, we
got away for about 30 rl minutes and thought we were home free. Well, Little did we know
the moment we got up to move an invisible army surrounded us. The odds were 4 on 12-15.
The last battle between those PCs 12-15 pcs/npcs and Us Four Horsemen was by far
the most epic battle ever. I remember seeing Samos down to Near death, multiple times. We
held them off for as long as we could, so our other friends could get away....It was Awesome.

If ANYONE has that log, PLEASE post it. I know the battle lasted longer than 5 rl mins
for sure.

I remember that.

That was epic.

NO LOG THOUGH.

A certain Mul was pissed about Kon's betrayal!

A buff plastic-abbed mul shouts in sitihish,
      "KOOOONNNNNN!"
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

June 09, 2009, 12:18:26 PM #777 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:20:17 PM by Krath
Ok....You want another sweet one...

I had a Faithful Lord (jihaen Templar) named Rykon. Well we heard a group of
templars from the south were looking for a special super seekret hidden place near
tuluk. SO my Templar, grabbed a couple of PCs and NPC half giants to go to inspect
this place. Well, there was an unmovable stone slab that was blocking the entrance
to this place, so Rykon purchased the largest barrel he could find and told his
guild contact to fill it with flash powder. So We go out again, try pulling the slab
to no avail. We hit it, nothing...Kick it nothing, Finally Rykon is about to go use the
flash powder when he heard, IN the Name of the Highlord being shout to the west.
Immediately, I looked that direction and about shit my pants IRL. TURNS OUT
the exact day we decided to check out this place, the allanaki Militia and gemmers
decided to have an RPT to this spot. To my west was Two Templars, Kishime, and
another. With them was god, I dont know maybe 10-20 pcs. And with out group was
me, three pcs mundanes, and some HG soldiers. I start waying everyone I fucking know,
with the message Get the fuck out here, emergency, allanaki army!

So, I look over the Pcs that were with me and said fuck it, we have to stop them from
getting to this point so lets do it. Before I could hit enter to say that, I hear, CHARGE being
shouted from the west. I instant begin doing my super seekret Jihaen moves on these
enemies that were trying to get to this super seekret spot. Shit is going crazy, soo much spam
I can see my HPs dropping very quickly...Then...It is when it happened..I had my templar
remove his bladed staff and hold a torch.

Loudly as he looks to the sky before placing the flaming torch into the barrel full of flash Powder , you shout, in sirihish:
    "THROUGH HIS LIGHT WE WILL CONQUER!"

BEEP! Welcome to Armageddon.

Edited to add: To this day I dont know If I died to a PC or the explosion or what.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

you died to pcs

henna and i survived that and only one or two pcs on the other side

i think powders lit up not because of a torch but because of the flaming armor of kishime

it was epic
some of my posts are serious stuff

I was there, watching with a tribal human.  Nardi, was his name.  An Arabet.

I walked in there and totally looted silver rings from dead templar bodies.
People found out that my Tribal Human looted silver, and eventually hunted me down to find the silver.  LITTLE DID THEY KNOW I ALREADY STASHED IT, MOFO.  WHY DID YOU KILL ME *cry*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Ghost on June 09, 2009, 12:47:17 PM
you died to pcs

henna and i survived that and only one or two pcs on the other side

i think powders lit up not because of a torch but because of the flaming armor of kishime

it was epic

Gotcha! Hell yes, Closure.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

The crazy, retarded ooc things people will do to get metalz.

June 09, 2009, 03:30:42 PM #782 Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:36:38 PM by spawnloser
Yeah, I was watching the whole thing too, Mansa... you looted templar bodies in front of soldiers that were still alive.  Good job.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

*chuckle*

I think my Allanaki militia sergeant started to ride out on that RPT, but I had to get the staff to log me out because my unit got word that we were packing up to leave Iraq RIGHT NOW.

Instead, I died when some nooblar decided to bum-rush a gith sorceror with only me as backup.  ::)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: spawnloser on June 09, 2009, 03:30:42 PM
Yeah, I was watching the whole thing too, Mansa... you looted templar bodies in front of soldiers that were still alive.  Good job.

Thank goodness for the palm skill.
Also, the Soldiers were one room over.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

That barrel of powder was originally created to be fake... something was lost in the translation ;-)
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Wouldn't that be "something was gained"?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

I had to check an old bio to remember this, but I brought the copper mines tumbling down and lost a leg in the exchange. Then played in Tuluk in that incredible summer of 2006.

Tuluk was the best that summer. Totally.

Quote from: jstorrie on June 16, 2009, 06:47:44 PM
Tuluk was the best that summer. Totally.

That summer...went on a trip and the damned war ended.

You Tuluki bastards try burning my wagon up again and I'll do something I'll regret later ;)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Northlander on June 16, 2009, 06:22:34 PM
I had to check an old bio to remember this, but I brought the copper mines tumbling down and lost a leg in the exchange. Then played in Tuluk in that incredible summer of 2006.

:'(

That was still during the time when I was on hiatus from Arm.  While I don't regret doing what I did during that summer, at all, I do kinda wish I'd at least had a character rolled up, if only to have checked in on the news, IG, now and then.  I completely missed the Copper War.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Me too. I created a PC to join the Legions, but he was deemed "too insane." :(

I believe I based him loosely off of Stephan, the Irishman from Brave Heart. hehe.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Krath on June 09, 2009, 12:18:26 PM
Well, there was an unmovable stone slab that was blocking the entrance
to this place, so Rykon purchased the largest barrel he could find and told his
guild contact to fill it with flash powder.

It's possible one of my characters delivered that barrel to Tuluk. Always wondered what it was for.

(the character actually got -lost- in Tuluk, so badly that I quit playing for a half-year afterwards.)

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 15, 2009, 02:45:53 PM
Am I assuming correctly that sneaking with a torch would be pretty much the opposite of sneaking, in a dark room?

My four-hour warrior waving a lit torch managed to sneak past half a dozen units of gith and all their irate brothers in a certain dark place before a certain major southern RPT.  :-\
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 18, 2009, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 15, 2009, 02:45:53 PM
Am I assuming correctly that sneaking with a torch would be pretty much the opposite of sneaking, in a dark room?

My four-hour warrior waving a lit torch managed to sneak past half a dozen units of gith and all their irate brothers in a certain dark place before a certain major southern RPT.  :-\

Yeh, well, them's gith is stupid.

My guild_burglar soldier got knocked out by a unit of gith during that RPT, and lived to tell about it, only to die to a newbie dwarf days later.

It's been over a year now. 

My PC organized and hosted the biggest party I've ever seen in the game, gave away a metal weapon that she'd had custom-made for only 2000 sid, and was the first to drop to her knees when a very special guest made a very special surprise appearance.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on June 18, 2009, 07:09:49 PM
gave away a metal weapon that she'd had custom-made for only 2000 sid

This was the most puzzling part for me OOC (and the part that pissed my character off to the point of blood-dripping, frothing-at-the-mouth murder IC).

Quote from: Fathi on June 18, 2009, 07:12:25 PM

This was the most puzzling part for me OOC (and the part that pissed my character off to the point of blood-dripping, frothing-at-the-mouth murder IC).

Why it was given to who it was given to, or the fact that I got it that cheaply?
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on June 18, 2009, 07:13:19 PM

Why it was given to who it was given to, or the fact that I got it that cheaply?

Haha, the price. If it had gone to anyone else, I'm pretty sure there woulda been an armed uprising.

Quote from: Fathi on June 18, 2009, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: Ourla on June 18, 2009, 07:13:19 PM

Haha, the price. If it had gone to anyone else, I'm pretty sure there woulda been an armed uprising.

Bless the Salarri PCs leading up to that event, and bless that elf (whoever you are) for bringing my PC that fist-sized lump of iron.  You're lucky you walked away alive.  ;)