App. Acceptance

Started by __Torax__, November 06, 2003, 08:11:33 PM

Well, I already know the answer and its to be patient, but I dont have much...So I'll just do something to keep me occupied..

Well, its been about 22 hours since I submitted my application...And I still dont have it approved or declined...Would you think that with the deaths from the HRPT would be slowing the pace?

Yeah, so um...I'm bored again..
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Aside from the standard 'Be patient' response, there's also the 'Make sure you logged out from the game after submitting your app rather than just disconnecting' response and the also popular 'Sometimes you don't get an email, so try logging in' response.

Other than that, you can always try emailing the mud account to find out if something's up.

Cheers

As it is stated in multiple areas. Wait 24 hours before complaining. It shouldn't take longer then that.

DEAL WITH IT.

Oh, make sure you log out properly. Could always check by logging in... Make sure to check your junk mail. Blah blah blah.

After 24 hours I'd start to worry. After 36 I'd probably email the MUD account with the problem. After 48 I'd go crazy and start sending out mail bombs. Have fun.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Tell me where and when you log in, so I can wait four ours and come thump you back out.

24 HOURS IS NOT THAT LONG.  COPE

Malifaxis
-Who is getting damn sick of this kind of question being asked once every two damn weeks.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Also, at this point I can imagine Imms desperately trying to fix up quests to be found/carried out after the HRPT. So might want to give them a bit of slack ;)

So its 24 hours that I need to wait? Are you sure? Where does it say this?
:lol:
sirihish:

At the bottom of this page:
http://www.armageddon.org/general/rules.html

QuoteCharacters are created via the main game menu, and will be reviewed by staff members generally within 24 hours and approved or rejected.

Acctually, I could have sworn it tells you that at character creation someplace in game. I'm sure I've seen it in a fairly easy to find place along with documentation most people should have read.
21sters Unite!

You guys sure? I mean, I've never seen this information before in my entire 6 months of playing ArmageddonMUD. I mean, this is astonishing news to me. :lol:  :lol:
sirihish:

I think the freaky little laughing-smilie ( :lol: ) means _Torax_ is just fucking with you guys.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

You know for a second, I was actually thinking they were believing that I didnt know that..... :lol:
sirihish:

It seems like that would be a reasonable assumption.   After all, why would you post a thread like this if you had known?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Obviously you all did not read the first part of my original post. I clearly stated my reason for the post and the answer. Yet, you all post and act like I didnt know the answer, like you were helping me in some way.

Infact, that is rather interesting that so many people read the post and yet felt they needed to try and give me some kind of information that they believed I didnt know.
sirihish:

Quote24 HOURS IS NOT THAT LONG. COPE

Not everyone was born and raised on Armageddon. Its not the 'first' mud most people have played, and it usually isn't an exclusive playing option. I came from, work on, and still occassionally play the stereotypical 'Rom' mud, where you get a character made and played after the short creation process.

Waiting an entire day in comparison is alot. And I'm sure that some of the older players will say. "Well in my day, we had to wait 12-years for an app to be approved, and hiked seven miles through the Red Desert in ankle-deep snow.". And I'm sure alot of these people don't play other MUDs actively, or came here those many years ago and now it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Anyways, I'm sure people won't post about their apps if there wasn't a blatent reminder at the end: Your application will be approved or not withing 24 hours.

So when the 26th hour rolls along its not that encouraging. Perhaps the statement should be changed to avoid future confusion... something like: "Your application will be approved or not in a timely manner."

Thanks.

I remember when it was a week long wait.  And I started in 1998.
It's so quick now.  It's like compairing a P3 766 to a 486.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"It's like compairing a P3 766 to a 486.
I dont get it

Quotemansa wrote:
It's like compairing a P3 766 to a 486.

I dont get it

P3 766 is fast.... You still following?
486 is slow.... Get all of that?

Good f'n grief people...

Ok, fine. I'll cut you some slack just in case you don't know a f'n thing about computers.

And here all this time I thought all MUDders were geeks.  Oh well. I still won't give up hope. One out of handful isn't -too- bad.  :twisted:
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Okay.

a 486 is -not- fast at all.  it -can- do work, but it can't even process mp3s.

that's the 'week long' application in my analogy.

a pentium 3 766 mhz computer is -fast-  it can do video and audio, and everything else you want it to do, except for some top of the line stuff.

that's the '24 hours' long application.

now, a p4 3.2 ghz is lightning fast compaired to them all. That's near top of the line, for computer systems.

that's "RIGHT NOW" application, which isn't here yet.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Once upon a time, there was a dwarven siege surrounding Allanak. Many PCs died.

At that same time, the staff was overhauling the character app process. The character entry system was offline for weeks and weeks. No one could make a new PC if they died. It sucked

Some people waited more than a month to get back into the game after their PC died.

You whippersnappers don't know how good you have it. 24 hours? Cry babies :)
Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Bah Erdlu, you're an amateur. Why, when I first started, we had to send our apps via US Postal service to Washington State, a RFD address which meant it was usually delivered within 8-10 business days. Then it would be copied - by scribe, since we didn't have copy machines back then, and forwarded to all the staff members throughout the world. If you were lucky, the carrier pigeons would send the staff members' decisions within a month after each staffer had a chance to look over the app. Then the final decision would be sent to you, and within 8-10 months of your initial letter, you'd know whether or not you could play.

Oh and I'll remind you that I had to trudge over miles of uncharted wasteland, through sixteen-foot snow drifts, wearing nothing but a pair of knickers and paper bags on my feet.

Knickers and paper bags...bet your nipples were pert.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I couldn't afford nipples back then. THOSE were a luxury in MY day!

Hrrmph

Uh huh. Okay. Whatever...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Ha.

Malifaxis
-Who delivered his first application on foot to Jupiter's moon Io.  And did not complain, because it built character.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.