App. Acceptance

Started by __Torax__, November 06, 2003, 08:11:33 PM

My last app was submitted at 10am and approved at 4:30pm.  Go IMMs go! :)

Quote from: "Bestatte"Bah Erdlu, you're an amateur. Why, when I first started, we had to send our apps via US Postal service to Washington State, a RFD address which meant it was usually delivered within 8-10 business days. Then it would be copied - by scribe, since we didn't have copy machines back then, and forwarded to all the staff members throughout the world. If you were lucky, the carrier pigeons would send the staff members' decisions within a month after each staffer had a chance to look over the app. Then the final decision would be sent to you, and within 8-10 months of your initial letter, you'd know whether or not you could play.

Oh and I'll remind you that I had to trudge over miles of uncharted wasteland, through sixteen-foot snow drifts, wearing nothing but a pair of knickers and paper bags on my feet.

Luxury!

I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulfuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mum and dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

You try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe you.

I love that skit.

"We lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the road..."
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]