Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Ah ok, thanks for clarification.

So elves are the actual master race now right?

Removed penalties for low str is really good. I heard that when the poison changes went through a delf clan abused the hell out of a poison that lowers strength to have super absurd sparring sessions.

Quote from: mansa on April 16, 2023, 11:38:43 AM
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1091099.html#msg1091099
REMOVED the combat damage penalties for low strength characters

This is a huge change.

Wow, I love it
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Quote from: Aruven on April 16, 2023, 01:52:32 PM

Always have been :)
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: ShaiHulud on April 19, 2023, 02:09:39 AM

I would show you the door, but as an elf-lover, I assume you're more used to having to sneak out the window under the cover of night.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 19, 2023, 09:37:43 AM

I would show you the door, but as an elf-lover, I assume you're more used to having to sneak out the window under the cover of night.

Windows? what the krath fuck are those?
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: ShaiHulud on April 21, 2023, 02:02:00 AM
Quote from: Riev on April 19, 2023, 09:37:43 AM

Windows? what the krath fuck are those?
I only use GNU+Linux to allow natural light in through the walls of my buildings. It sounds like they are using forbidden proprietary software.

We need clarification on what these salt changes entail.

The optimal way to turn in salt used to be 5 per bag.  That is no longer the case.

Will a .8 full bag give a significantly worse reward than a .9 or 1.0 full bag?

Quote from: Brokkr on April 28, 2023, 07:52:25 PM
The optimal way to turn in salt used to be 5 per bag.  That is no longer the case.
Was this optimizing for revenue or profit? You need to pay for the bags beforehand

Today's release is pretty big:

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1092008.html#msg1092008
QuoteMay 7, 2023 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Tweak to Elementalists and Nilazi interactions
- Updated sap so that you can only use staff and smaller.  Mauls and bigger are too big.
- Increased command input length from 256 to 300.  This means you can have 44 more characters on emotes.
- Firebreather spell can now be cast in combat
- Fixed bug so that NPC's no longer heal health, stun, stamina while in combat
- Fixed bug with riding calculations for full guild elementalists
- Updated multipliers for stun and health damage for the following:
        - lowered stun damage multiplier for waist location by 62.5%
        - lowered stun damage multiplier for piercing/stabbing weapons by 31.8%
        - lowered stun damage multiplier for bludgeoning weapons by 16.7%
        - raised stun damage multiplier for chopping weapons by 60%
        - lowered health damage multiplier for wrist location by 40%
        - lowered health damage multiplier for waist location by 25%
- Added a rare mount to the feed system
- Desert elves now have a minimum of 1 stamina loss in the city, instead of 0
- Added feature where in combat you can type "assist clan" or "assist tribe" and it will have you assist the first person in your clan that you can see.
- Updated 'after' delay on threaten command to go down as skill level goes up

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- Fixed bug where certain light objects would last forever but shouldn't
- Fixed bug where damaged armor was sold at much higher prices than it should
- Fixed bug where coin weight was slightly different in packs vs in inventory
- Updated statistics logging (number, locations of players) for future use
- Fixed typo in damage message from 'torn' to 'tear'
- Can no longer hunt in rooms where you cannot see
- Added the word 'tool' to crafting messages that tell you what tool type is required
- Fixed issue with some affects flags
- Fixed a crash bug with falling

Updated sap so that you can only use staff and smaller.  Mauls and bigger are too big.
That's cool.

Increased command input length from 256 to 300.  This means you can have 44 more characters on emotes.
Ooooo.   Nice.

This is interesting.  A reduction in stun damage multiplier for bludgeoning weapons.  I wonder how much this will change the meta.

- lowered stun damage multiplier for waist location by 62.5%
        - lowered health damage multiplier for waist location by 25%
        - lowered health damage multiplier for wrist location by 40%

That's also interesting.  It shouldn't hurt as much getting hit in the wrist or in the waist.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on May 07, 2023, 11:46:49 AM

This is interesting.  A reduction in stun damage multiplier for bludgeoning weapons.  I wonder how much this will change the meta.

Admittedly I AM concerned about lowering bludgeon percentages THIS much (16 big whoop) after already 'nerfing' strength and two handed.

HGs were not looking good, and now I am struggling with why you would play one other than to go back to the good old subdue/kill.

Bludgeoning isn't some HG-specific thing. Other people can and do use the skill too.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on May 07, 2023, 01:52:12 PM
Bludgeoning isn't some HG-specific thing. Other people can and do use the skill too.

An interesting story. And, this affects other people as well. I was talking about one thing specifically.

Quote from: Riev on May 07, 2023, 01:45:15 PM
HGs were not looking good, and now I am struggling with why you would play one other than to go back to the good old subdue/kill.

Obviously reasons for playing one would be enjoying half-giant role play. Are you saying they're not very survivable now?

Quote from: Agent_137 on May 07, 2023, 03:02:02 PM
Quote from: Riev on May 07, 2023, 01:45:15 PM

Obviously reasons for playing one would be enjoying half-giant role play. Are you saying they're not very survivable now?
Sadly, this is not the reason most people play half-giants in my experience.  It's the One Hit Kill potential and 300 hps (Or whatever they get)
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The stun thing needed to be addressed. Head shots were craaaaaazy, and probably still are even with the medium reduction.

Half-giants still have insta bash, double the hp of another PC, can use bigger weapons, and extra strength advantage.

It's probably harder for them to two-hit kill something now, but I see nothing wrong with that.

Not real sure but so far it has made playing a HG very tough.  Not for the one hit wonders but they seem more for rp now then action characters.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on May 07, 2023, 06:44:18 PM
Not real sure but so far it has made playing a HG very tough.  Not for the one hit wonders but they seem more for rp now then action characters.

This. I'm kind of sick and tired of other players assuming my intentions, but there should be a reason to choose a race other than flavor and RP. Too many players dick on half-giants for not roleplaying 'the right way' and now the only reason to play one IS to roleplay... so... something has to give.

Quote- Fixed bug so that NPC's no longer heal health, stun, stamina while in combat
Does this mean the will no longer start doing the extremely absurdly fast npc heal 2 seconds after fleeing? It's very annoying when you get an animal to very low hitpoints and then by the time you've sheathed your weapons drawn your bow and pulled your quiver and shot an arrow it's regenerated to full.

Quote from: Wday on May 07, 2023, 06:44:18 PM

Yeah....100% on this. The bludgeon change meh.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1092239.html#msg1092239
QuoteMay 14, 2023 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed missing wear-off message for a Nilazi spell
- Fixed bug with Nilaz/Elementalist interactions
- Thryzn now available as 1 karma option - note these still require approval before hand, they're just like desert elves now
- Combat delay between attacks normalized to be more consistent. Large variations are still possible, but less likely.  This should result in slightly more consistent, faster attacks.

Zorkbob the Inhaler
- Fixed bug with 'pack' command showing improperly formatted list
- Fixed crash bug with shopkeepers
- Introduced Global DB Variables, which will allow staff to modify game certain mechanic values without reboots

This one is interesting:
- Combat delay between attacks normalized to be more consistent. Large variations are still possible, but less likely.  This should result in slightly more consistent, faster attacks.

I wonder how much this will actually affect combat.   Will sparring be too slow, too fast?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I think it would be nice if two people could combine efforts to more effectively subdue the same single target.

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr