Smash Rangers, Way War Now

Started by MeTekillot, April 05, 2016, 10:18:01 PM

Splinter the Ranger guild into extended subguilds the same way magickal subguilds were splintered. Rangers are the quintessential mundane. They are rangers first, and people second. When you look at a long-lived ranger, you don't see a character, you see a compound warbow and scrub-camouflage sitting on a bench across from the bar. Letting rangers have magick is a farce. Rangers are the antithesis to magick. They are mage hunters extraordinaire. They are too powerful. They must be separated into separate subguilds to maintain game balance and the theme. They are a result of the previous administration's amalgation of wilderness abilities combined into one guild that is too competent. Too many arrows to control.

Also, removing the vast majority of Way communication would be cool. Maybe it could be used to coordinate playtimes by everyone having an ability to send and receive a simple psionic signal that tells the other person what room you're in. Sending out a signal to a living person who receives it could be the same echo as sending one to someone who is logged off or dead.

Destroy Rangers 2016

Rangers are the Jan Michael Vincents of Armageddon.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I agree. Rangers have too much, and its enough for several subguilds.

Rangers have it just right and I wish the other guilds were as versatile and supportive of multiple character archetypes with Subguild mixing.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 05, 2016, 11:21:02 PM
Rangers have it just right and I wish the other guilds were as versatile and supportive of multiple character archetypes with Subguild mixing.

They could make it the core guild and have everyone pick a sub or two to flesh it out.

And then we could all quit anywhere we wanted to, making having a secret hideout in the middle of nowhere for your crew of (magick) raiders that much more viable.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

April 05, 2016, 11:58:35 PM #5 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:02:55 AM by Dresan
Warriors need to get hands free ride and branch direction sense late in their career.

Burgalar and pickpockets need to become one guild

Assassin need to branch chopping and slashing weapons at apprentice level AND be the masters of stealth, getting both wilderness and city stealth.

Merchants need to start wtih making_bandages and then branch bandage and brew from it AND they need one weapon skill+advance shield use.

Only then can the awesome Ranger can then stay the same.

How about we just give everyone the fireball spell and call it square?

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Id rather have 2hand ride instead of fireball.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 05, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Splinter the Ranger guild into extended subguilds the same way magickal subguilds were splintered. Rangers are the quintessential mundane. They are rangers first, and people second. When you look at a long-lived ranger, you don't see a character, you see a compound warbow and scrub-camouflage sitting on a bench across from the bar. Letting rangers have magick is a farce. Rangers are the antithesis to magick. They are mage hunters extraordinaire. They are too powerful. They must be separated into separate subguilds to maintain game balance and the theme. They are a result of the previous administration's amalgation of wilderness abilities combined into one guild that is too competent. Too many arrows to control.

Also, removing the vast majority of Way communication would be cool. Maybe it could be used to coordinate playtimes by everyone having an ability to send and receive a simple psionic signal that tells the other person what room you're in. Sending out a signal to a living person who receives it could be the same echo as sending one to someone who is logged off or dead.

Destroy Rangers 2016

Are you drunk posting? Split Rangers / remove the way?

Answer: no.
Reason: See the recent Rangers OP or Main Guild discussion threads.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 06, 2016, 12:04:10 AM
Id rather have 2hand ride instead of fireball.

Let's compromise and settle on dual wielding fireballs.

make it a fireswird and i think I can live with this.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 06, 2016, 12:17:24 AM
make it a fireswird and i think I can live with this.

Done.

Get your buffs and let's roll out.

2man mantis valley group LF healer, DPS

This thread is weird. Is everyone drunk GDBing tonight?

I'm with OP. But obviously it should only be 2 subguilds. One with sneak/hide the other with archery/mount-skills

And Warriors should start with the ability to pick one branched weapon to begin with.

Quote from: Dresan on April 05, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Warriors need to get hands free ride and branch direction sense late in their career.

That too.

And the way should be replaced with carrier silk-hawks and widespread literacy.

And templars should only be Lady Templars cause they're hotter.

Didn't skilling up weapons skills become human speed recently? Although I guess its still too early to tell.

It's a lot faster in many cases with the change now, yeah.

Also Met never rolls rangers really as he has stated multiple times so I hope he is being ironic.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 06, 2016, 01:02:45 AM

With Jessica Rabbit serving as the baseline template.

The mandatory baseline template.

April 06, 2016, 02:18:03 AM #20 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:32:00 AM by Narf
Quote from: Vwest on April 06, 2016, 01:46:28 AM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 06, 2016, 01:02:45 AM

With Jessica Rabbit serving as the baseline template.

The mandatory baseline template.

Like this?

I'll accept it.

Quote from: Inks on April 06, 2016, 01:34:08 AM
Also Met never rolls rangers really as he has stated multiple times so I hope he is being ironic.

Yeah. That's the other reason I think this thread is idiotic.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on April 06, 2016, 09:19:32 AM
Quote from: Inks on April 06, 2016, 01:34:08 AM

Yeah. That's the other reason I think this thread is idiotic.

Hint: You're taking it too seriously. This is obviously Met's way of complaining about the changes to elementalists.