Started by MeTekillot, April 05, 2016, 10:18:01 PM

Quote from: Suhuy on April 06, 2016, 10:30:21 AM
Quote from: Dresan on April 05, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Burgalar and pickpockets need to become one guild

Why?

Reasons.

Sneaky reasons.

Secret sneaky reasons.

...It's in line with the calls for a "Rogue" guild that includes them all.  With the guild revamps, I'm wondering if this just might not happen.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 06, 2016, 12:56:22 AM
Nah. Some are on pot AND drunk.

Am I being detained?
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

All guilds should be made more analogous to D&D character classes.

• Assassin, Pickpocket and Burglar should be combined into a single Rogue, and should have master archery.
  • Warriors should be prompted to select a Special Perk every time one of their weapon skills goes up a step. These would be things like Great Poison Resistance, Automatic Arrow Catching, No Unarmed Combat Penalty, etc.
  • Rangers should be forced to choose between master archery and master dual wield/parry.

I won't even get started on casters.

Nah, I still think you should get rid of warriors.
They the only class that doesn't get scan now that the magic users are gone?
Haven't played one in a long time. Haven't played a pickpocket.

Let the unique warrior skills be part of subguilds only.

Then have assassin for city and ranger for wilderness - give them the same number of skills and abilities.
Simplify the top level then allow more customization for other skills through subguilds.

While we're at it we should probably remove humans. Too general. We need to specialize
Part-Time Internets Lady

remove all races from chargen due to regulations on slave pcs.

cabbages only.

slaves may be special apped as mindlessly loyal humans committed to growing and spreading cabbages across the known world.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on April 06, 2016, 12:32:52 PM
remove all races from chargen due to regulations on slave pcs.

cabbages only.

slaves may be special apped as mindlessly loyal humans committed to growing and spreading cabbages across the known world.
You're an insane bastard and I love it.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: burble on April 06, 2016, 12:06:06 PM

I think assassin and ranger are the only guilds that get scan.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on April 06, 2016, 01:33:53 PM
Quote from: burble on April 06, 2016, 12:06:06 PM

I think assassin and ranger are the only guilds that get scan.

I think warriors are the only mundane guild that doesn't get scan.

Not sure about burglars, but all the rest do.

Quote from: QuillDipper on April 06, 2016, 12:09:40 PM
While we're at it we should probably remove humans. Too general. We need to specialize

This is a good point. Armageddon has never really been a game about human racial roleplay. 9 out of 10 races are non-humans. The game's pretty obviously built with non-humans being a major and fundamental part of regular play.

;)

also we need an IC concept of an afterlife and/or reincarnation so warriors can play to gain entrance to valhalla

I think a single rogue guild would detract far more than it could ever add. It would also be a retreat to simple diku days. If anything, I'd rather see three or even four variety of rogue guilds. Leaf through old AD&D books and you'll find some pretty clever ideas for various thief types. I think what sets Arm apart from other MUDs is this inclusion.

April 06, 2016, 09:15:07 PM #37 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:17:46 PM by Dresan
Assassin should be effective killers and eventually become the second best fighters in whatever environment. They should not just be considered a city rogue guild.

Assassin are the elite member of the team who rides near a camp with their group, before going in solo. Sneaking in from the desert, taking out soft targets in the parimeter before entering the camp and taking out his target before making their get away. They should be suited for killing single targets in any environment. Frankly I could even see them branching one type of exotic weapon to ensure their second place status amongst fighters.

Burgalar+Pickpocket = Theif: who is fantastic at stealing all types of shit . They should lose, backstab, poison, but keep sap (subguild thief= pickpocket)

After some thinking my opinion is that maybe we should keep rangers and merchants as they are and buff the other guilds in some way with unique and non-unique new skills.

Also add an aide guild. I will love it enough for all of us.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on April 06, 2016, 11:36:26 PM
After some thinking my opinion is that maybe we should keep rangers and merchants as they are and buff the other guilds in some way with unique and non-unique new skills.

Also add an aide guild. I will love it enough for all of us.
That exists.
It's called burglar

Quote from: Dresan on April 06, 2016, 09:15:07 PM
Assassin should be effective killers and eventually become the second best fighters in whatever environment. They should not just be considered a city rogue guild.

... They should be suited for killing single targets in any environment.

Assassin / Outdoorsman
or
Ranger / Slipknife

are both potentially exactly what you described. Honestly, I like it that way. If you're that skilled, I don't want you to have a subguild on top of everything else.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Who gives a fuck? It's fun!

This is such a strange cause to champion to me.

I can sort of understand the desire to nerf karma classes and races, but why would anyone want to nerf a mundane, 0 karma class that everyone has access to anyways!?

For fuck's sake!

I disagree with most of these ideas strongly, and frankly, I find it hard to reconcile the idea that we have a significant portion of the playerbase that seem to hate stealthy characters, and yet want to make them more powerful at all things stealthy.

They are actually on a pretty good level as far as capabilities of doing their role vs. capabilities of being able to wreck everyone's shit around them in the city.  A large portion of this is because as useful as the ranger is, the majority of interaction happens in the city.  Rangers are go-getters, and rogue classes are takers.  Making takers ultimate badasses is not a good idea, and this is coming from someone who loves me some stealthy PC's.  Assassins, as is, are city rangers in almost all comparisons, suffering only in the 'breadth' department because you don't need much 'breadth' when you don't leave the city much.  If you do, the outdoorsman subguild gives you a tremendous leg up.

Ranger melee combat is so much weaker than people seem to give it credit for, I assume because they're looking at numerical values rather than practical usage of said numbers.  Likewise, rangers became 'this good' because a number of years back people were complaining about how why they'd rather just play a warrior over a ranger any day.  This led to refined mounted combat (which could use some tweaking) and direction sense.  Not a whole lot else was changed at that point, which makes me skeptical of the reasoning that they just became OP; they just became a lot better at self-reliance and wilderness utility, which was the entire intent of the thing.  They're good at what they do.

If we want to mess with classes, then make it things that move towards classless.  Not theorycrafting that...clearly doesn't keep things in perspective as much as 'Well, this is what would make -me- play that role.'
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

The 4 paragraph responses are starting to roll in. You done good, Metekillot.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I'm astounded people haven't figured out this is entire thread is bullshit, yet.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

the seeds of cabbage sedition are spreading further and further...

soon we will control every thread.

The gimmick is kind of old, chummer.

Sorry.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on April 08, 2016, 02:29:32 AM
The gimmick is kind of old, chummer.

Sorry.

you assume a gimmick.

look inside yourself.

we are everywhere.

can confirm.

was stuntman.

am cabbage with bad typing grammar now.