Hiding Mdescs: Ways to Implement It

Started by nauta, January 06, 2016, 01:46:08 PM

I didn't do it, but if you already got modded once, likely best not to thumb your nose at them by repeating the same thing again.

Well, who knows if it was modded purposefully. A Staff/helper never said anything and there's other posts unmodded.  I was "thumbing my nose" at them for an explanation, or so that maybe the rest of the off-topic stuff could be cleaned up.

Also, I will call a spade a spade.

there is no requirement to explain why you were moderated.

but it is nice to know.

keep mdescs visible.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I thought I was going to have an awesome log to post of the era before mdesc-hiding masks were removed...but apparently I didn't keep full logs back then.  All it said was:

The very tall figure in a hooded, loose black silk greatcloak wearing a horn-cro
wned, silver silk mask closes the tarp from the other side.

I don't know why I only saved one line, but that was from a scene in which that dude bopped around the Gaj for 20 RL minutes, stealing people's stuff, getting seen (but of course no one could see anything but his mask when looking at him), walking out and in again, re-hiding, and stealing some more.  It was one of the biggest, most annoying code-abuse scenes I've ever witnessed.  This will always be the legacy of mdesc-hiding, to me.  I'm not saying it couldn't add some things to the game, I just...the possibility for abuse is abysmal.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.