26 (38.8%)
No
38 (56.7%)
Emote about talking dirty
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 30, 2014, 09:22:10 AM
Quote from: WanderingOoze on December 29, 2014, 03:13:11 PM
Id just like to put in my If I found out my previous (even if it was long-lived, one I invested myself into)
PC's corpse was mutilated/defiled/raped in some way, Id just think it was cool that someone loved me
enough to involve my PC in their plot/amusement even post-mortam.  This being said, I have a warped
sense of what is considered affection.  ;D

+1

+2

Lets face it, if you've managed to get your PC to the point where a PC or two has to mutilate/defile your corpse or whatever, you did a pretty good job.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

You're talking as though defiling/mutilating a corpse is a logical progression or escalation of force.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on December 30, 2014, 05:21:16 PM
You're talking as though defiling/mutilating a corpse is a logical progression or escalation of force.

lol, exactly.

This is obviously a touchy subject for a lot of people for various reasons, and I have trouble taking sides.  HBO's shows are generally grittier than AMC's, to good effect, but not everyone wants to risk their RP devolving into one of the rape scenes from Tales from the Crypt (I'm sure some do).

But one thought experiment is to imagine that we are all playing Armageddon around a (big) table as a pen and paper RPG.  Now imagine somebody's character dies - maybe you killed them - and they leave the room to write up a new character.  You decide to announce to everyone at the table that your character will begin to molest the dead body...

Can you see yourself doing that if you weren't behind a computer?  Would you really hold it against someone at the table if they said "can we just skip this?"  Would you accuse the player of having psychological issues if they were bewildered and offended when they came back into the room to hear what you were describing?

(For the record, I would still play Arm even if it were uncensored and if anyone could do anything to me - in fact it would be exciting and scary in a creepy kind of way - so, like I said, it's impossible to take sides.)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

This conversation has inspired me to be less considerate of the corpses of others. Before I would cry and hold their head in my lap and stroke their hair, for IG days, saying, I wish it hadn't had to turn out this way, you know, I really, really didn't want to do this...

But now I think I'll just skip all the foreplay. You have only yourselves to blame.

And yes, I would tell people, this is how I RP, if you don't like it, find someone else to run a campaign with... but most people don't complain, despite excessive brutality and mutilation, in fact it makes them laugh, I've found... probably that kind of hysterical laughter that's the only means of coping with something amazingly horrific.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

So I didnt read the OP of this thread. I didnt read any of it, I just skipped to the very last posts.

Title of the thread: Pre-Mudsex Dirty Talk

Latest topic of conversation: Mutilating Corpses.

... Only in Armageddon.

Quote from: Dar on December 31, 2014, 12:06:56 AM
So I didnt read the OP of this thread. I didnt read any of it, I just skipped to the very last posts.

Title of the thread: Pre-Mudsex Dirty Talk

Latest topic of conversation: Mutilating Corpses.

... Only in Armageddon.

I tried to sig this... too damn long.     :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I believe three simple words provide the ward you seek: Deal with It.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 31, 2014, 01:50:10 AM
I believe three simple words provide the ward you seek: Deal with It.

This is how Ive approached the game so far. And Ive had nothing but enjoyment. 

Perhaps its because I'm too much of a no0b to be jaded.

Or Im just insensitive enough of a person IRL to really -get- the spirit
of this experience.

But to complain that in a world of fucked up individuals (and this is just how i've summarized the docs and stuff)  that something Fucked up has happened to a PC after death or even during their lives, seems like a fish complaining the ocean is a bit moist.

I began this journey with the full expectation of some crazy/violent/senseless shit would befall my creations, and his only served
to make me hope and wish for stuff like this to happen. But Then I see threads be-moaning the fact that really bad stuff happens. From a relatively new players perspective, isn't this the point of playing this game?  To create a Concept that creates enemies that hate your PC So much as to wish to harm their corpse in a creative way, To be a part of something larger and crueler than yourself?  This is why I signed on. But Now Im confused. Is depravity frowned upon? ICly? If So, This isn't what I thought this game was. I had assumed it was a sanctuary for those of us who wanted an outlet for our creativity, no matter how weird and sadistically slanted it may be. As long as it jivved with the constrictions of the world we all agreed to play in, It seems more and more I see a bunch of people being OOCly uncomfortable With an environment that at least -I- Agreed to play within.

Im fully aware that Im probably wrong, this is a common occurrence.  I don't mean to come off as flame-ey or anything, but These are my thoughts. Im not trying to purposefully offend anyone, I just dont know any other way of expressing my self.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Just throwing in that I have DM'ed for the same group of folks for many years.

They once collectively raped a fetus. Raped....a.....fetus.....(this is only one of many things)

Even as the DM all I could do was shake my head as they laughed like savage animals.

Yeah, not much bothers my tabletop group. Most of the time I feel they do things just to try and throw a wrench in my storyline. I also always get blamed for, "being the NPC's" that kill them.

Many times I have heard, as they get a good roll on an attack against an NPC, "SUCK IT DESERTMAN."......"I'M NOT THE NPC'S!!!"...."YES YOU ARE!!!".

We have good times.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Rolling up corpse molester now, tell me when you are mad.  Have any of you even had a necrophiliac character?  Do you even necrophilia bro?  LoL, this is too funny.  I have never seen anything or heard anything like that in game.  Did something happen or is this all hypothetical speculation?  

I could care less about what happens to my character's body.   I don't even care  what happens to my dead body irl.  Why someone would want to do that seems odd to me, but hey...who cares its a work of fiction.  That means its not real.   Don't want to see a corpse defiled, don't be friends with a  corpse fucker.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I had one PC who had sex with corpses virtually. I never actually roleplayed the act out in game. It always happened with his VNPC victims behind the scenes, but I still got to roleplay the mindset and get the reactions out of people I wanted.

I did use a PC's corpse I had just killed as a pillow once as well with the same PC in front of a lot of people.  :)

There'll never be another like him.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Use common sense.  If your PC says something IC that would get you labeled as weird, a pervert or a freak, in a real life situation, then be kind and ask consent. Also then expect your PC to be labeled as such IC.

If your PC is just being flirtatious, or saying something that would only earn the label "jerk" in real life then don't worry.

Asking consent does not cost anyone anything. Not asking could cost the other player some duress and disgust and who knows what else. It could cost you a complaint and it could cost staff the time to deal with the complaint.

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Neverdo aanythingppotentially offensive to someone else'sssensibilities without consent is what I'm gleaning

Quote from: Norcal on December 31, 2014, 12:53:02 PM
Use common sense.  If your PC says something IC that would get you labeled as weird, a pervert or a freak, in a real life situation, then be kind and ask consent. Also then expect your PC to be labeled as such IC.

If your PC is just being flirtatious, or saying something that would only earn the label "jerk" in real life then don't worry.

Asking consent does not cost anyone anything. Not asking could cost the other player some duress and disgust and who knows what else. It could cost you a complaint and it could cost staff the time to deal with the complaint.

I have nothing against this concept. I just don't want there to be a rule that says, "You have to ask for consent if you might hurt some super-sensitive person's little feelings.". I am all for, "Ask for consent out of the kindness of your heart.", so long as there is no rule saying you have to.

I don't want this rule because I don't want there to be fifty player complaints a week from said super-sensitive people, because there would be.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 31, 2014, 01:29:01 PM
Neverdo aanythingppotentially offensive to someone else'sssensibilities without consent is what I'm gleaning

which is probably not very useful to you at all.

The consent helpfile cites 'adult situations', which is a (probably purposefully) vague term.  But there are a number of coded things we can do that would probably require consent if they were to be emoted out instead:

- stabbing another human viciously in the neck during combat is fine, but you'd probably need consent to emote such an act during an interrogation.

- shitmugging someone shouldn't require consent, but if you emoted out dumping a pot of human waste on someone's head, there's probably a slim minority of players who would feel you crossed a line.

- drugging someone, dragging them into your apartment, and stealing all of their equipment is totally fair play.  Emoting the vivid details of stripping your helpless victim is probably going to require consent...

The big difference is that the code provides summary detail.  By contrast, two people emoting out a scene back and forth for half an hour is going to be a much more visceral experience for both parties, with many more uncomfortable details.

So maybe a better rule of thumb is this:

If you're planning on acting out some adult situation in substantially greater detail than the corresponding code would, you should ask for consent.

Addendum: if you're planning on threatening someone with an act, don't describe that act in substantially greater detail than the code would, unless you have consent.

December 31, 2014, 02:22:52 PM #141 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:24:30 PM by Desertman
I've had staff dump so much poo on my characters. I'm not even kidding. I can't count the number of times. They seem to delight in describing it in extreme detail.

I've role played stripping lots of people. So long as you aren't finger banging them or something while doing it...it doesn't require consent. I did squeeze a boobie once while doing it that I can recall...I asked for consent, it was given.

I'm fine with certain things being a "Rule of Thumb", or "Not actually a rule but more of a unspoken guideline because we are nice to each other".

So long as it's not an actual rule and people can't use it to try and report everyone who hurts their personal sensibilities I'm all for it.

What I get from this is.. use coded actions to do things to people all day long sure, but heaven forbid if we role play? Unless we go OOC to do so?

Murder, Corruption and Betrayal brought me to this game along with the promise of a harsh playing environment. I read the documentation and made a conscious choice to play here. I thought everyone else did too, honestly?

I can understand wanting consent if things start going into Saw territory with a torture scene or if the sexy talk starts getting rated X or moving into a full-on grope-fest, but in general an innocently dirty joke isn't going to hurt anyone. Do you bother a person telling one in real life at a bar? No, generally, you roll your eyes and ignore it or move to a different section of the bar.

The only thing I'll say about after death things is that after your character dies, I think it pretty much becomes an object until the corpse is gone and then it becomes an NPC. If that makes sense and you see what I'm driving at. Mutilate it or whatever, but after the object is gone, the rules should probably apply as if the person had become an NPC?
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Can i rape another player's vNPC family

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 31, 2014, 03:38:02 PM
Can i rape another player's vNPC family

I would say no because that would include another PC in the plotline, which is against the rules.

Rape plotlines can only include the rapists and VNPC's, it can not include other players, and in this case it would be directly including other players to an unreasonable degree in regards to the rule.

What if my vNPC family does it instead

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 31, 2014, 03:50:23 PM
What if my vNPC family does it instead

I would imagine you would have to get approval through staff to control the VNPC world ahead of time since players do not have that authority.

You would need the same approval to make VNPC's do anything.

Quote from: WithSprinkles on December 31, 2014, 02:48:00 PM
What I get from this is.. use coded actions to do things to people all day long sure, but heaven forbid if we role play? Unless we go OOC to do so?

Murder, Corruption and Betrayal brought me to this game along with the promise of a harsh playing environment. I read the documentation and made a conscious choice to play here. I thought everyone else did too, honestly?

I can understand wanting consent if things start going into Saw territory with a torture scene or if the sexy talk starts getting rated X or moving into a full-on grope-fest, but in general an innocently dirty joke isn't going to hurt anyone. Do you bother a person telling one in real life at a bar? No, generally, you roll your eyes and ignore it or move to a different section of the bar.

When I'm writing these posts, I'm trying to imagine the most fragile and sensitive people I know.  And so, in general, I really can't disagree with anything you've written above!  I do want the world to be as harsh as we can make it.

I guess my point was that coded actions (which actually do count as RP, but I understand what you're saying there) tend to abstract away a lot of the morbid details that are more likely to make people uncomfortable.

Stabbing someone in the neck and stabbing someone in the neck while emoting like Cormac McCarthy about their jugular bursting apart like a blood-filled water balloon are categorically different, but at the end of the day both are pretty harsh things to do to someone. :)

I found out a couple of years after the fact, that one of my characters had some pretty gruesome sex-related disgusting things done to her corpse after she was killed. It was roleplayed out, from what I was given to understand.

The fact that she was assassinated was known to me at the time of her death, but not who did it, why it was done, or what happened after it. Not until a couple years later when I happened to be playing in a clan with one of the people who played one of my previous characters' killers and we recognized each others' RP styles and commented OOCly about it in PM.

Personally I thought it was hillarious. The fact that I /wasn't/ there to see it while it was happening, is why I was able to appreciate it for the macabre comedy that it was. Ask consent for permission to do something with my character's corpse? Hell no. If my character is dead, then I'm not logged into the game. Do with it whatever suits your fancy, have a blast, ask consent of anyone else who is actually there, to make sure that acting out the sexually explicit details is kosher for everyone.

It wasn't just explicit, it was really REALLY disgusting. Like, beyond gross. But it was SO over the top that it wasn't believable, and therefore crossed the line into comedic gold. Like a dozen dead baby jokes all wrapped up and bundled into the glove compartment of a VW bug.

Personally I wouldn't want to witness that first-hand, and if I was one of the killers I would've asked to either a) fade or b) be excused from the act ICly so I could go to another room and do something else while the others were having their fun.

One can only hope that the *players* of these characters would have enough restraint as to not describe this in gory detail ICly to anyone, without asking consent for the explicit descriptives. But damn if anyone tries to turn Armageddon into Disneygeddon or Nanny-state-geddon by dumbing down the perversions for the sake of sensibilities.

Sensitive people shouldn't play Arm. That should be a given, there shouldn't be any room for discussion on that. It's a no-brainer.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: CodeMaster on December 31, 2014, 02:14:03 PM

The consent helpfile cites 'adult situations', which is a (probably purposefully) vague term.  But there are a number of coded things we can do that would probably require consent if they were to be emoted out instead:

- stabbing another human viciously in the neck during combat is fine, but you'd probably need consent to emote such an act during an interrogation sex.

(It's not really more correct. I just felt that it should read this way instead.)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."