OOC for consent?

Yes
26 (38.8%)
No
38 (56.7%)
Emote about talking dirty
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Should you OOC for consent if you're going to talk dirty to someone but not emote dirty to them?

Decent question, actually. I say yes. Because whats the difference between;

emote fucks you.

and

say "I'm going to spin you around and fuck you right up the asshole and you'll be thrashing and love it. I'll spit on my dick and glide right into that puckered hole of drov and you'll cry for more."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 15, 2014, 07:13:47 PM
Decent question, actually. I say yes. Because whats the difference between;

emote fucks you.

and

say "I'm going to spin you around and fuck you right up the asshole and you'll be thrashing and love it. I'll spit on my dick and glide right into that puckered hole of drov and you'll cry for more."

OMG that was YOU?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I think anything of a graphic sexual nature should require consent.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on December 15, 2014, 07:23:34 PM
I think anything of a graphic sexual nature should require consent.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

December 15, 2014, 07:33:22 PM #5 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:49:16 PM by FantasyWriter
What in RL would be considered sexual harassment, if unwanted, I -personally- do not see a need to ask for consent: flirting, commenting on someone's sexual appeal (or lack there of), hugging, kissing, "casual" suggestive touches (such as brushing your hand over someones hand/arm/leg/etc.)

Anything that IRL could be considered sexual assault, if unwanted, needs consent: Feeling someone up under or through their clothing, penetration, reaching under someone's clothing.
Verbally doing anything in list #2 should also only follow consent, because, after all, this is a -verbal- game, and there is no OOC difference to the player's exposure, and consent is solely an OOC consideration.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

My Kadian got an account note for fondling his employee's tits once, so I would imagine yes.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Note: I voted yes - consent needed for "sexy-time" talk.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The CONSENT helpfile already answers this doesn't it?

Perhaps a good analogy is the movie ratings system: some people may wish
to see the details acted out in a way which would deserve an R rating
while another, younger player might prefer that the details be
communicated in an OOC fashion and left off stage.

I always just ask for consent to 18+ RP.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I suppose if you're graphic, sure.  But if it's just 'oh man I'd totes bend you over that table,' I don't think so.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Interesting question. I don't really talk dirty on my characters so I have little personal experience to draw on... but if it's something that I think might be graphic and wouldn't want said in a PG-13 film, I'll probably ask for consent.

Alternatively, I can take the Patton Oswalt "clean filth" route (NSFW)

Okay, so if people said yes to this... Would you need to OOC for consent before stripping for ginka wrestling?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Not unless you were extremely graphic about it
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 15, 2014, 10:49:05 PM
Okay, so if people said yes to this... Would you need to OOC for consent before stripping for ginka wrestling?

You don't need OOC consenet for nudity, otherwise we'd be breaking that rule every time we took off our pants. You do need ooc consent to roleplay doing the helicopter with your dick.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on December 15, 2014, 10:49:05 PM

OOC: consent for titty-twister?

Implement Shaleah's suggestion that consent status be a flag you can check on a player so that interrupting with OOC isn't required. I've been in her camp on this issue for a while.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

That sounds like a bad idea for some IC and OOC reasons.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 16, 2014, 12:31:01 AM
That sounds like a bad idea for some IC and OOC reasons.

YEah, there was a long thread about that idea and some people are really against it -- thinking it would lead to discrimination in RP and stuff -- but I still think it's a good idea. ANyway, pretty sure we're sticking with OOC, which means scenes will have to be interrupted by OOC, and at varying points, with a lot of grey area of when to do it. Something I'm not a fan of, but *shrug*

emote lifts his eyebrows suggestively, in an obvious request for consent.

George costanza backs away with wide open eyes, declining consent.

Account notes or OOC consent for  feeling up Kadian tits feels a bit excessive.
I would not have liked ooc to intrude on the scene below.
Do you think this is in the grey area? Or is it well in the clear?

Chuckling darkly as he studies you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak says to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Yeh dun' listen to well, do yeh, rat? No wonder yeh standin' out so."

The 'rinth rat's shoulders slump.

In a thin voice, you ask, in sirihish:
     "How do you mean, Mister?"

Darkly staring upon you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak says to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Yeh goin' teh be eatin' tha' shit, one handful, now."

The 'rinth rat reaches slowly into your sack.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak gets his smelly pile of allanaki coins from his smelly shabby basket.

You get your smelly fist-sized ball of dung from your smelly sturdy canvas sack.

The 'rinth rat looks up , watching the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak.

Casually regarding the many coins in his hands, the stench almost unbearable, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak asks you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Fer fuck's sake.. rat, at least be keepin' yeh coins clean, aye?"

Shoving it in, you eat your smelly fist-sized ball of dung.

Snickering as he looks to you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak asks you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Tha' tastin' alright there?"

The 'rinth rat chokes and swallows.
You nod.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak tosses his smelly shabby basket at your feet, wandering behind you and at a -very- close distance.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak drops a smelly shabby basket.

You think:
     "it was true what they say."

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak puts his pile of allanaki coins into his tightly-woven sash of dark sandcloth.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak looks down at you.

Looking at the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, you pick up a smelly shabby basket.

The 'rinth rat stays half crouched.

Leaning close to your ear from behind, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Wha's yer name?"

In a whisper, you say, in sirihish:
     "rat"

At first his gloved hands coming to the waist, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak slips them next along your backside with a ginger touch, before slipping one hand into a pocket of your pants.

Slipping them into a pocket, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak gives you 128 coins.

The 'rinth rat blinks and grins uncertainly.

You say to the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, in sirihish:
     "I know Mr Doshek."

Dark, soft and warm on the back of your neck, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Ain' tha' nice. Now whatcha goin' teh be doin' fer me, rat?"

You ask the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, in sirihish:
     "Can keep my eyes open..in the stables like?"

Discreetly, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Somethin' like tha'. Run off, clean yeh mouth fer teh next time, yeh goin' be suckin' meh ......."
That beauty and truth should pass utterly

I don't think you need to ask consent for getting naked, especially for ginka sauce wrestling.

I think you do need to ask consent if you start talking dirty about people's bewbs and dicks and toms and janes and stones and ogling and/or groping, or graphically talking about their man and woman bits.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: bracken on December 16, 2014, 03:48:07 AM
Account notes or OOC consent for  feeling up Kadian tits feels a bit excessive.
I would not have liked ooc to intrude on the scene below.
Do you think this is in the grey area? Or is it well in the clear?

Chuckling darkly as he studies you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak says to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Yeh dun' listen to well, do yeh, rat? No wonder yeh standin' out so."

The 'rinth rat's shoulders slump.

In a thin voice, you ask, in sirihish:
    "How do you mean, Mister?"

Darkly staring upon you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak says to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Yeh goin' teh be eatin' tha' shit, one handful, now."

The 'rinth rat reaches slowly into your sack.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak gets his smelly pile of allanaki coins from his smelly shabby basket.

You get your smelly fist-sized ball of dung from your smelly sturdy canvas sack.

The 'rinth rat looks up , watching the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak.

Casually regarding the many coins in his hands, the stench almost unbearable, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak asks you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Fer fuck's sake.. rat, at least be keepin' yeh coins clean, aye?"

Shoving it in, you eat your smelly fist-sized ball of dung.

Snickering as he looks to you, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak asks you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Tha' tastin' alright there?"

The 'rinth rat chokes and swallows.
You nod.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak tosses his smelly shabby basket at your feet, wandering behind you and at a -very- close distance.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak drops a smelly shabby basket.

You think:
    "it was true what they say."

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak puts his pile of allanaki coins into his tightly-woven sash of dark sandcloth.

The tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak looks down at you.

Looking at the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, you pick up a smelly shabby basket.

The 'rinth rat stays half crouched.

Leaning close to your ear from behind, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Wha's yer name?"

In a whisper, you say, in sirihish:
    "rat"

At first his gloved hands coming to the waist, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak slips them next along your backside with a ginger touch, before slipping one hand into a pocket of your pants.

Slipping them into a pocket, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak gives you 128 coins.

The 'rinth rat blinks and grins uncertainly.

You say to the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, in sirihish:
    "I know Mr Doshek."

Dark, soft and warm on the back of your neck, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Ain' tha' nice. Now whatcha goin' teh be doin' fer me, rat?"

You ask the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak, in sirihish:
    "Can keep my eyes open..in the stables like?"

Discreetly, the tall figure in a dusty black, hooded militia dustcloak whispers to you, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Somethin' like tha'. Run off, clean yeh mouth fer teh next time, yeh goin' be suckin' meh ......."

Should've asked consent.

See the help file.

And no, I don't think a note is excessive for groping without asking for consent. It isn't a mood-breaker, or a scene-killer. Just ask for consent, they'll probably say yes anyways.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

... depends, really. In most cases, I'd say no, but again, depends on how graphic you're getting. Otherwise I'd have to OOC for consent every ten minutes or so.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

What freaks me out is when people consent to "anything". It makes me want to .... Nevermind.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.