Boo! October voting thread: votes reset!

Started by ShaLeah, October 01, 2013, 09:19:31 AM

Right now we're #2 and #1.
Let's try and get this party started!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Still 2nd on TMS and 1st on TMC...

Oh and Boo to TMC because I can't vote again until tomorrow AM even though they just reset the counter AFTER I voted this morning.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Keep on votin' ye magnificent bloody bastards!

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-sanvean.html
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on October 01, 2013, 09:04:05 PM
Keep on votin' ye magnificent bloody bastards!

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-sanvean.html

Three away from losing second!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

keep voting, ya mugs
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

We be number two! Conquer and plunder away, buckoes!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Is it just me or did TMC never reset the counter? We couldn't have gotten over 600 votes there in one day.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

They just reset randomly. Just as they feel like it.
So, best to just keep voting!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 02, 2013, 02:29:42 AM
Is it just me or did TMC never reset the counter? We couldn't have gotten over 600 votes there in one day.

They reset every two months.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

We lost second place on TMS, but its still within reach so vote everyone please.

I voted! I felt good. Really good. I endorse it.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Wooohooo back in second place on TMS only by four votes keep voting people.

We're clinging to our 2nd place lead by four votes or so.  Everyone take a couple of seconds out of your day and vote.  That's all the time it takes - just a couple of seconds!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

Voted.

I really like how we regularly land the top 5 without needing annoying in-game reminders or offering special incentives.

We've held on to third place on TMS for a few days, but we're only just a few votes ahead. Go vote!
subdue thread
release thread pit

Delicious voting.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Lost fourth place on TMS. We can gain third place with three votes.

Quote from: Cutthroat on October 05, 2013, 07:13:46 AM
Lost fourth place on TMS. We can gain third place with three votes.

The weekends seem to be our worst time for voting, we can get more!

Seems like for the first few days we are doing really well. But then people lose interest and things go downhill from there.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 05, 2013, 12:01:34 PM
Seems like for the first few days we are doing really well. But then people lose interest and things go downhill from there.

america.txt

From what I can tell from browsing other MUD forums, the IRE games all have in-game reminders you can config that remind people to vote and tell them when they can vote again. That probably helps them consistently rack up votes day over day.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: Jherlen on October 05, 2013, 01:32:32 PM

From what I can tell from browsing other MUD forums, the IRE games all have in-game reminders you can config that remind people to vote and tell them when they can vote again. That probably helps them consistently rack up votes day over day.

I suppose its good we are doing so well without constant reminders being spammed at us to vote.

Come on people vote. TMS we are now tied for third we need to win.

Do voting!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.