Armageddon Setting and Roleplay.

Started by Blur, September 06, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

liar. you had to handle it through incredulous snickers the entire time

wait, that threesome thing wasn't a joke?

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 02, 2013, 12:09:33 PM

Nope. And I hope the involved players are still embarrassed and also unable to play sponsored roles in Tuluk 4+ years later.

Uhh.

...What...
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: palomar on December 02, 2013, 12:17:03 PM

Nope. And I hope the involved players are still embarrassed and also unable to play sponsored roles in Tuluk 4+ years later.

Eh... Honestly people like to make jokes and shit, but stories like this remind me how incredibly childish and immature a subset of our playerbase can be. It also reminds me how many players seem to be in it for the sexual roleplay and not much else.

I really like to believe the staff now isn't anything like it was four years ago, to allow something like that through character generation makes me wonder why the hell we even have applications.

They probably figured it would be a good lesson for the player in question, as I think they expected the playerbase to more or less hand their ass to them over being an f-me furry, instead of having a threesome with a pair of sponsored roles.

Sometimes things have slipped by staff that are terrible to have in the game (read:  furries); this became less common after we developed stronger guidelines on mutant roles and just made a point to stop that sort of nonsense.   Strange approvals still happen from time to time (though on a much more minor scale) where we miss a name or concept that is fairly well-known by some folks in the real world, and depending on its immersion-breaking nature, we'll step in and fix it (or hope like hell they die to a scrab or never log back in)--in our defense, we approve nearly 3 or 4 times the amount of apps we used to approve before voting pushes and the new website; we're bound to miss the occasional thing.  In the mentioned case above, the mutant should not have been approved and the whole thing should have been sent to the scrap yard with a judicious reply of "really, this isn't that kind of game, you should never make a mutant furry sort of thing, and if you resubmit with minute changes we may as well tell you to try another game."  However, it wasn't, and we see what we got.  Unfortunately, the issue was compounded by other players disregarding their own documentation for their region...and additionally hiding it from staff by neglecting to report it.

That's why it was unpleasant on all sides.  Someone had to grep logs to prove it happened, then send that to relevant staff (it had occurred weeks prior without notice).  Clan staff then had to review everything:  isn't the setting in Tuluk explanatory?  The answer seemed to be "yes":  a few assumptions were made that simply were not backed up by documentation, even some documentation that repeated the case over and over.  In the end, the choice was made:  either way, the characters would've been executed quietly had they engaged in such behavior.  Storage was done instead because we weren't going to bother roleplaying out a response to something that absolutely should not have occurred--something that was also omitted from any communication to staff.

Now we have much better guidelines on sponsored roles and we make it very much more clear up front that nobles in Tuluk aren't nobles in Allanak.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

That makes me feel better. Thanks Nyr.

There's no need to be nasty about it.

I admit it guys it was me.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

We need to bring back the fur. Behold the fur revolution.

I think there's plenty of reason to be nasty, imo.  :P

Quote from: Nyr on December 02, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

Now we have much better guidelines on sponsored roles and we make it very much more clear up front that nobles in Tuluk aren't nobles in Allanak.

NOT THAT NOBLES IN ALLANAK WOULD DO THAT EITHER!

(with a furry, I mean. I hope.)
subdue thread
release thread pit

Please tell me it was all role-played out at length and not FTB.

Please....
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

em sensuously flicks her tail about %pale.skinned torso

As someone who played a character who had to flee Tuluk and got assassinated for letting her noble kank her right at the change over who didn't know that that shit wasn't allowed (the sponsored role DID know btw) I have only one thing to say:

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I hope there was lots of purring and maybe some retractable claw action or whisker petting.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Just imagine the terrifying mudsex if Arm.2 hadn't been a hilarious pipe dream and those cat-people were a playable option.

We dodged a bullet on that'n.

Just when I think I've seen the strangest the GDB has to throw at me, I stumble on the thread about threesomes with cat-girls.

Niiiiiice.

This thread has just become my favorite.
Whatever happens, happens.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 02, 2013, 02:02:23 PM

There's no need to be nasty about it.

I admit it guys it was me.

Was it actually  you, or are we doing the Sparticus thing? Cause I've always wanted to do the Sparticus thing. I was kinda figuring I'd do it over gas passing in an elevator, but that circumstance just never seemed to arise so I'll take this.

Quote from: manonfire on December 02, 2013, 06:00:58 PM
Just imagine the terrifying mudsex if Arm.2 hadn't been a hilarious pipe dream and those cat-people were a playable option.

Arma 2 cat people were more like upright lions than anthromorphic cat-people.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 02, 2013, 10:59:24 PM

I don't see this stopping anyone  ::)
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Watch this topic be closed.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

December 03, 2013, 08:05:53 AM #99 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:08:15 AM by manonfire
Quote from: MeTekillot on December 02, 2013, 10:59:24 PM

Still, tails and claws and emote purrs deeply as she peers at ~man seductively through her slitted amber orbs