Armageddon Setting and Roleplay.

Started by Blur, September 06, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

Hmmm... I thought the catgirl thing was funny, maybe something where a few someones should disappear, but that's too funny for me to not laugh at. I'm glad this was brought to my attention. Surprised they were force stored and like other mistakes (though much smaller in comparison) I've witnessed it wasn't just RPed out, assassination and all.

And yes, I am immature and irresponsible, I also am not ashamed of this, though I likely should be. Personally, I think having your noble force-stored would be just about enough of a punishment, the four plus years out thing seems maybe a little extreme.

Note to self: Never, ever make a pass at a Tuluki noble. Good to know.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

That makes me curious if even at least one feature of a mutation could be similar to a furred creature. Are tails by themselves, or ears by themselves, like that of some theme-specific animals possible at all, or similarties? The whole file seemed a bit vague to me about what stretches plausibility.

I'm still waiting for the parties involved to own up to this not being FTB.

Come on...own up.

Do it.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on December 03, 2013, 10:35:35 AM

Come on...own up.

Do it.
They had mudsex with a catgirl for roleplay, asshole.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2013, 09:22:00 AMSurprised they were force stored and like other mistakes (though much smaller in comparison) I've witnessed it wasn't just RPed out, assassination and all.

When one hides things from staff and does things that are against the documentation that also should be reported, staff should feel no obligation to enliven that experience with roleplay.  I think that in this case and others like it, staff members choose to act in a way that removes the offending variable (PCs not played to documentation played by players not communicating adequately with staff) and move on with supporting other players.

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2013, 09:22:00 AM[...]the four plus years out thing seems maybe a little extreme.

I think only players are suggesting this, though it should be apparent that mistakes of this magnitude likely have consequences further down the line.  It's not just breaking documentation that is an issue, it's the communication problem.

Quote from: thewolfen3 on December 03, 2013, 10:06:32 AM
That makes me curious if even at least one feature of a mutation could be similar to a furred creature. Are tails by themselves, or ears by themselves, like that of some theme-specific animals possible at all, or similarties? The whole file seemed a bit vague to me about what stretches plausibility.

Mutants should adhere to these guidelines.  The kind of application that was allowed in the past (mentioned above) would be disallowed now except by special application (at which point it'd be denied).  The real questions to ask probably aren't "what is plausible?" and "what stretches plausibility?"  but "why do you want to have a tail?" or "why do you want furry ears?" or "why do you want to have a character that is more like an animal than a humanoid?"  What exactly is this sort of thing adding to your character, and how is it making your character sub-human?  How has your character dealt with this mutation knowing that it likely results in diminished social standing?

Generally if your mutation is going to make you look like a furred creature you're going to have to make a strong case for why that should be allowed...and we'll probably deny it.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Ah, yes, I usually document my craziness in my character reports. Speaking of which... I better get on that, I think it's been long enough to justify doing one.

December 03, 2013, 11:04:27 AM #106 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:08:26 PM by Desertman
Quote from: Is Friday on December 03, 2013, 10:39:16 AM
Quote from: Desertman on December 03, 2013, 10:35:35 AM

Come on...own up.

Do it.
They had mudsex with a catgirl for roleplay, asshole.

Found the third member.

Not surprised.

Also, not disappointed.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

To gain a feline face, a tail, fur, different-shaped eyes, and I hope-fucking-not altered body shape in any other way, all at once, isn't a mutation. It's a whole new species.

Mutants might get lucky with a mutation, but that needs to be special apped of course, and you still wouldn't be apping more than one lucky mutation. It's improbable. Mutations and mutants follow the same rules of evolution that apply to the real world. The fantasy setting doesn't give anybody license to make up whatever shit they want and stick it into Zalanthas; you're here to play a role in THIS setting.

This isn't to say that multiple mutations are disallowed. But as Nyr said, the reason behind the multiple mutations must be explained, and there must be at least some proof in the background that the player understands what impact these mutations would have on their PC's life.

All that said, mutants are fucking awesome when done right, they should be a part of this game and I hope they will continue to be. I approve of everything the imms did in the above scenario; it sounds like some kids were goofing off in the noble roles they didn't really care to follow the guidelines for AND that they were being sneaky.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I'm going to have to pass.

There are a couple NPCs, one is a lizard/dragonman and the other one looks like Chtulhu. I'm not a furry fan, but I can see how someone could have gotten the idea that the cat-girl idea was acceptable.

Quote from: spicemustflow on December 04, 2013, 05:15:04 PM
There are a couple NPCs, one is a lizard/dragonman and the other one looks like Chtulhu. I'm not a furry fan, but I can see how someone could have gotten the idea that the cat-girl idea was acceptable.

In fairness, one of them is a race unto itself. I don't know about the other, festooned maws ARE a mutation I guess.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Don't forget the feathered one that looks like it's a birdman from Perdido Street Station.

I'unno really. Lots of Arm's PC's seem snowflaky rather than usual, if you look on them. The one NPC Templar in Allanak whose sdesc I can remember just so happens to have unblemished pale skin and a body to die for.

.. Wait, how much does it say about me that the one Templar I remember is the f-me one?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on December 04, 2013, 06:07:04 PM
I'unno really. Lots of Arm's PC's seem snowflaky rather than usual, if you look on them. The one NPC Templar in Allanak whose sdesc I can remember just so happens to have unblemished pale skin and a body to die for.

.. Wait, how much does it say about me that the one Templar I remember is the f-me one?
* ShaLeah says nothing.

I once had a HG denied cause I used childlike in her sdesc... then I saw several NPC HGs with that shit in theirs. Heh.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Knew it was only a matter of time until the word "snowflake" popped up, with the direction this thread went in.  ::)

Fuck't, we're all snowflakes IRL. I'm still a snowflake because I can't RP anything appropriate to the setting...

I'm sorry, I've failed you all, I'm too soft, you see?

That's where discussions like this lead, which is why they are ultimately pointless IMO. I used to get insecure about this shit on the GDB in the past and it never helped. You either enjoy this game or you don't, and you either get imm approval or you don't, and when either of those things happen is unpredictable on a PC by PC basis. I only get attached to my PCs after ten days played. Few last that long. If some of those are "snowflakes," according to...somebody, then all I need to do is remind myself: am I sending in regular reports? Am I contributing to plots? Am I forming enmities and alliances? If I can answer yes to those three questions, then I can feel proud of my PC. Maybe my RP or concept are cliched, but all too often people here confuse their IC and OOC feelings for other players and concepts. That totally applies to imms too.

Arma is my favorite MUD because there are cultural boundaries. Even commoners should and do have them. No "snowflake" would be a problem if at least some players enforce these norms (vet players, it is on you/us to be the meanies most often). If a "snowflake" is bugging you IG, take action IG and see what happens, I dare you. But I warn you also, you may be unpleasantly surprised at what happens, you may become butthurt. You might lose the confrontation you sought.

I don't criticize my own RP enough. I do take breaks, though, and when I come back I will usually try to change up some aspect of my RP. Time to reflect helps, sending in a report or two and getting imm feedback helps. If things feel like they're going too well, or if my PC is becoming a snowflake, it's only a matter of days until a new PC shows up to put them in place.

Okay, /rant on the word "snowflake." my tl;dr is, if you're thinking "snowflake," then you're welcome to DO something about it and be the change.

With the Furry threesome back then my pc had no idea about that. But one real life day before the nobles was gone (stored) I had a full like six hours RP of rescueing one of those nobles. Afterwards I think back and how fun but oocly I think should just left them, lol good times. and to the staff that was with me thumbs up! was a fun night.
craft pain pills  Dr pepper
You make a idled character