August voting: reset at midnight!

Started by Nyr, July 31, 2013, 11:13:57 AM

Just a thought, for TMS. But I feel like you should put a symbol next to the name, much like Aardwolf and Achaea. Feel like we could use the Armageddon symbol on the homepage and it'd just help to stand out more.

Quote from: Royal on August 10, 2013, 08:41:29 AM
Just a thought, for TMS. But I feel like you should put a symbol next to the name, much like Aardwolf and Achaea. Feel like we could use the Armageddon symbol on the homepage and it'd just help to stand out more.

+1.

I voted today, kids, did you?
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Royal on August 10, 2013, 08:41:29 AM

Those personal icons on the ranking list cost $5/month. Right now we enjoy free advertising, and our staff is footing the bill for the server and hosting.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Okay everyone what is going on. We are fifth on TMS... Let me say that again FIFTH. Not only is FIFTH bad enough we are 166 votes behind fourth. If you love Armageddon so much vote, vote, VOTE!!!!!
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Other muds are on our heels on both sites. Vote more!

Guys, we're seriously losing our buffer between us and second place on TMC. Our lead has shrunk from 90 in a week to 31! Please remember to vote on TMC. We still have 1st place. Let's keep it. We're not the second best mud. We're the best. Let's keep a grip on our rightful place.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Man, I am doing my duty. My three votes a day! Kinda frustrating to see is flailing. :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 15, 2013, 09:56:19 AM
Man, I am doing my duty. My three votes a day! Kinda frustrating to see is flailing. :(

+1
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Despite that, we're halfway through the month and we have 3 new players at more than 24 hours played each (still active), all referred by friends.  The next several (active, playing, and more than 10 hours played) are from TMC, with one from TMS.  Not a definitive thing by any means, but it's definitely good to see.

We're at 206 new accounts for the month.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I literally cannot get my head around the number of new accounts we get each month and then how low the retention is in comparison. We should have like 300 players on at any given time! Omg that would be so cool. 0.o

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 15, 2013, 07:05:45 PM
I literally cannot get my head around the number of new accounts we get each month and then how low the retention is in comparison. We should have like 300 players on at any given time! Omg that would be so cool. 0.o

Not really.

Imagine the spam. I think about 150 at any given time, then around 300 for rpt's is the most I'd want to see.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 15, 2013, 07:29:56 PM

Not really.

Imagine the spam. I think about 150 at any given time, then around 300 for rpt's is the most I'd want to see.

That's only when it's condensed to one area. A high population would just mean more places would be populated with PC's, I'm thinking even distribution, clans all nice and filled, more opportunity for more clans etc etc.

Keep voting people. We are only 30 votes behind on TMS for 4th place.

Quote from: Maso on August 15, 2013, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 15, 2013, 07:29:56 PM

Not really.

That's only when it's condensed to one area. A high population would just mean more places would be populated with PC's, I'm thinking even distribution, clans all nice and filled, more opportunity for more clans etc etc.

Okay now - imagine an RPT - a bard performance in Tuluk, where everyone in Tuluk is invited. Now imagine Kadius offering a silk outfit for the winner - and Salarr offering a new bow for the first runner-up, and Kurac offering a new pipe filled with a pinch of kemen for the second runner-up. So that means all three major GMHs will be there. And their hunters, and would-be bards, and so will all the aides of all the chosen houses, and the chosens, and the Akai Sjir, and the independents, and the partisans.

Imagine that, when there are only 80 players logged in, total, in the entire game.

Now - imagine that, when there are 300 players logged in.

I'm thinking - I really don't want to have to imagine that. It would be a nightmare. And things like that would just simply not be planned anymore, because of the spam alone, let alone trying to actually coordinate playing times with literally dozens of participants.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I can see what you're saying.  Events wouldn't scale up exactly as they do now.  But I definitely think there wouldn't be events in which "every single person in the city" is invited anymore.  It wouldn't be possible, so it wouldn't happen.  Events would be guestlisted and planned out and organized more carefully.  More events could take place at once.  The HRPT would not be possible anymore as we know it either - it would have to be done differently, with multiple events in separate locations.  I do think it would work itself out as far as roleplay goes, more or less.

I'd be more concerned about code scaling (resources and combat in particular) and staff/clan scaling. 

It's a cool topic to explore, though - how would Armageddon scale up with a larger player base.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I completely agree!

SO VOTE, EVERYONE!!!!!!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Give a damn about the spam. We could actually get away with things like the Aubertorium(sp) place in Allanak being used often, like it is supposed to be. The Oashi Tavern, too ... the Gaj actually being a place for riff raff and upper class commoners being able to find interaction in Red's Retreat, a place they would actually go.

Yeh, we could use 300+ players.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Cutthroat on August 03, 2013, 11:01:21 AM
I see buttons. I don't see you clicking them.

Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I don't think being wary of 300 players online is a valid reason to not vote. What we've gotten when we do vote regularly and often are bumps of about 10-20 players on at peak times. Which I think does make a big difference. It's the difference between being alone in a tavern all day, and actually having someone to do things with.

So, vote. There's no excuse for us to be only 26 votes ahead on TMC when we've had leads of hundreds of votes before.

Okay everyone keep it up we are tied for 4th place on TMS.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on August 19, 2013, 11:43:21 AM
Okay everyone keep it up we are tied for 4th place on TMS.

It's neck and neck!

I even voted from work today while the firewall was down, shhhh  ::).  Moar votes.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

In 4th place by a lead of 3 votes. Let's extend our lead.

Don't forget to vote today!

TMS: 4th place (5th place 15 votes away)
TMC: 1st place (2nd place 25 votes away)