August voting: reset at midnight!

Started by Nyr, July 31, 2013, 11:13:57 AM

Keep on voting everyone we are slowly but surely improving on our leads.

TMS: 4th place (5th place 26 votes away)
TMC: 1st place (2nd place 42 votes away)
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

TMC got a redesign. The TMC button will take you to the new forum where you have to log in. After signing in you may have to click the button again to get to the voting page, or navigate to http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Armageddon after logging in.

I voted, and the voting fairy brought me beer.

She'll probably bring you other stuff too like uh.... I don't know, ponies? Extremely difficult suduko puzzles which require two people's constant attention to get solved in under three hours? Hot mac and cheese? A live performance of 300?

Or.... OR---

Imagine having an average of 200-300 people in the game every day during the times before and after peak. Imagine the playerbase and their individual interests becoming so large that a new city is built, a new village is built, an existing village is made a spawn point and upgraded to pc sustainability, we get a -real- prison in Allanak, one where prisoners interact with each other in both watched and lawless areas, where escape is so severely punished that 70% of the imprisoned aren't always actively attempting to pull it off--- well, I mean, there's other benefits--- I'm just thinking of a pc prison at the moment.

Imagine, all this could be YOURS!

Clicky-click.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Quote from: a french mans shirt on August 23, 2013, 04:27:34 PM
Imagine having an average of 200-300 people in the game every day during the times before and after peak. Imagine the playerbase and their individual interests becoming so large that a new city is built, a new village is built, an existing village is made a spawn point and upgraded to pc sustainability, we get a -real- prison in Allanak, one where prisoners interact with each other in both watched and lawless areas, where escape is so severely punished that 70% of the imprisoned aren't always actively attempting to pull it off--- well, I mean, there's other benefits--- I'm just thinking of a pc prison at the moment.

Yiss yiss yiss!!!  I am of the opinion -- and maybe I've gone on this rant before -- that Arm has loads of potential that can't be fully realized until >200 players online becomes a fairly regular thing.  It won't be a linear benefit, but exponential.  4x more players won't just make a 4x better game, it will be 10x, 20x, 100x better!

Add to all the above: a world where the crowded taverns really are crowded almost all the time.  Where the cities really feel like cities, and not like tiny villages where everyone has their noses stuck in everyone else's business. Where a petty thief or raider is easily lost in the crowd and doesn't trigger a full city manhunt because they lifted a dagger that one time.  Where there really is a high demand for House employment and leaders have their pick of prospects. Where there are sizeable populations of city elves with their own thriving nefarious subcultures.  Where the OOC time of day doesn't appreciably alter your chances of running into a PC templar or of a burglar getting spotted lurking in an apartment building.  Where players don't have to rationalize breaking character because they "just want some interaction," since there will be PCs in their appropriate social circle.  Where the glass ceiling is raised because clans are large enough to support a couple PC red robes or Lieutenants or other high ranking positions.

It's a reachable goal. There are billions of people in the world, and there must be at least a few thousand that would enjoy this game given the chance.  If we get there, the game up to that point will look like a dress rehearsal.

This thread last bumped 6 days ago.

Lead on TMC only 22 votes.

Should reset soon. Let's hold our spot!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I voted...

can you vote too...?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

edit: do we start voting tomorrow? I forget.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Yep, tomorrow is a voting reset.  I'll have stats for August ready by Monday but this weekend has me too busy to get it done.  If someone would be so kind, please write down total votes / clicks from TMS and TMC close to (but not after) midnight...thanks!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Armageddon
Stat   Raw Requests   Average Requests
Number of days listed   5675   -
Last connect status   Connected   -
Number of consecutive days with this status   302   -
Total telnet attempts>   2837   0.49991
Total homepage attempts   7569   1.33374
Telnet attempts this month   52   1.67742
Homepage attempts this month   206   6.64516

Early, but if no one remembers later we have this.

Armageddon MUD View details for Armageddon MUD
Zalanthas: a harsh low-technology desert where settlements and shelter are few and far between, and once you're within the walls, you may not actually be any safer. Over two decades old, this Roleplay Intensive MUD is free to play. New website!   1272   380
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: catchall on August 24, 2013, 03:27:14 PM
It's a reachable goal.

I don't dream of 100 new players. I deam of 100 new 1-year veterans. I dream of the byn swelled to capacity, with all units insanely full. I dream of staff having to speed the loading of NPC animals because there are hunters like locusts blocking out the sun with their arrows.

I dream of a staff team devoted only to helping newbs get in, get settled, and get involved.

I dream of boots.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on August 31, 2013, 01:38:14 PM
Quote from: catchall on August 24, 2013, 03:27:14 PM
It's a reachable goal.

I don't dream of 100 new players. I deam of 100 new 1-year veterans. I dream of the byn swelled to capacity, with all units insanely full. I dream of staff having to speed the loading of NPC animals because there are hunters like locusts blocking out the sun with their arrows.

I dream of a staff team devoted only to helping newbs get in, get settled, and get involved.

I dream of boots.
That's beautiful.