we should reroll

Quote from: Case on June 22, 2013, 08:25:21 AM
Quote from: Delirium on June 22, 2013, 07:12:32 AM
Quote from: Case on June 22, 2013, 07:11:15 AM
My character totally had like five babies this week

Wuss. Mine's octomom.
wow being a gith sucks :(

we should reroll

I has one baby this week, but I'm a dude, so I win.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Every time I see this thread on the "most recently posted threads" list, and I skim down the list looking for topics that I want to read, my eyes twist the letters around. I keep seeing "Wat that a wedding fetus?" and it makes me snicker.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM
Every time I see this thread on the "most recently posted threads" list, and I skim down the list looking for topics that I want to read, my eyes twist the letters around. I keep seeing "Wat that a wedding fetus?" and it makes me snicker.

You mean I'm not the only one with that problem??
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on June 23, 2013, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on June 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

You mean I'm not the only one with that problem??
Me too!

Wha?  You know ARM has come into it's own.  Back in the day, NO ONE esp a real-life female player would rp getting pregnant.  Why?  Since some of the rl females have been pregnant, we come here to escape life for a while and be something else.  We don't need no lil bundle of joy to love us when no one else will.  We don't need/want the rp of being pregnant in the HEAT. And there's no hanging out in the taverns with an infant.  You're life is feeding, cleaning  and watching over this absolutely helpless being for a few years.  And also consider a more practical reason: if you're grebbing for existence and the baby daddy is not invest in an 'us' - the kankhumper is going to leave you for a less complicated woman.  Hey...guess what there's no child support in Zalanthas.  So unless said female is using it as an edge over someone in power (something very risky as assassins are well used), it's a vanity pregnancy...kinda like buying earrings or a new purse.

Quote from: DxGrief on July 20, 2013, 01:32:06 PM
Wha?  You know ARM has come into it's own.  Back in the day, NO ONE esp a real-life female player would rp getting pregnant.  Why?  Since some of the rl females have been pregnant, we come here to escape life for a while and be something else.  We don't need no lil bundle of joy to love us when no one else will.  We don't need/want the rp of being pregnant in the HEAT. And there's no hanging out in the taverns with an infant.  You're life is feeding, cleaning  and watching over this absolutely helpless being for a few years.  And also consider a more practical reason: if you're grebbing for existence and the baby daddy is not invest in an 'us' - the kankhumper is going to leave you for a less complicated woman.  Hey...guess what there's no child support in Zalanthas.  So unless said female is using it as an edge over someone in power (something very risky as assassins are well used), it's a vanity pregnancy...kinda like buying earrings or a new purse.

I agree, but I'm willing to just let people do what makes them happy. I have vocalized the above before. But since decided to try to be a bit less judgmental. Or more quietly judgmental when I fail at the latter.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I'm particularly judgmental about roleplaying out an unaffiliated PC female who lives in a rented apartment with or without her mate.. has kids, RPs that the kids are living in the apartment (which usually only has one room, and no babysitter or daycare center nearby), and then dies, stores, or just stops logging in for an extended period of time. And then the rent runs out, and someone else takes over the apartment, not knowing that there are starving children (or rotting corpses, depending on the length of time it's been) sharing the space.

I have actually rented apartments where there were ldescs displaying toys having been recently played with, and other objects with ldescs implying that there are presently toddlers toddling around the apartment. Talk about immersion-breaking.

Pick up that vnpc toddler (toy) and arrange selling it to a slaving House or put it on the corpse pile.
drop toy (tossing the corpse of the blond-curled toddler on ~pile) [and morbidly cups it in the corpse's tiny, rotting hand] the body of the blond-curled toddler is on top of the pile, clutching ~

Sounds like promising roleplay opportunity.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 20, 2013, 02:28:58 PM
I'm particularly judgmental about roleplaying out an unaffiliated PC female who lives in a rented apartment with or without her mate.. has kids, RPs that the kids are living in the apartment (which usually only has one room, and no babysitter or daycare center nearby), and then dies, stores, or just stops logging in for an extended period of time. And then the rent runs out, and someone else takes over the apartment, not knowing that there are starving children (or rotting corpses, depending on the length of time it's been) sharing the space.

I have actually rented apartments where there were ldescs displaying toys having been recently played with, and other objects with ldescs implying that there are presently toddlers toddling around the apartment. Talk about immersion-breaking.

Welcome to a daily life in India.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

Quote from: Malken on July 20, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on July 20, 2013, 02:28:58 PM

Welcome to a daily life in India.

Or pretty much any 'developing nation', of which I would definitely consider Zalanthas to be.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

If babies are immersion breaking for you, come with an IC excuse for being a baby kidnapper or baby murderer and be the change IG. Or invent a better form of birth control.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I think if you rent an apartment...and walk in...and there's toddlers in it (depicted by arranged items or whatever)....then you should prob. deal with it IC, instead of letting it break your immersion and just pretending it didn't happen. If a parent has kids...and then dies...then yes the kids are going to be left in the apartment...and the next person to rent it will have to deal with that...IC'ly. Because the landlords do not go in and clear out apartments, they wouldn't clear out kids or dead kids either. Adopt them, kill them, eat them, sell them, dump them out on the street or whatever. But if they're there...deal with it.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 22, 2013, 01:54:39 PM
I think if you rent an apartment...and walk in...and there's toddlers in it (depicted by arranged items or whatever)....then you should prob. deal with it IC, instead of letting it break your immersion and just pretending it didn't happen. If a parent has kids...and then dies...then yes the kids are going to be left in the apartment...and the next person to rent it will have to deal with that...IC'ly. Because the landlords do not go in and clear out apartments, they wouldn't clear out kids or dead kids either. Adopt them, kill them, eat them, sell them, dump them out on the street or whatever. But if they're there...deal with it.

Sell the babies? I heard sell the babies... I want to get an apartment with kids in it so I can be like... "Hey... I have a kid for sale."

July 22, 2013, 07:56:23 PM #67 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:57:59 PM by Lizzie
How do you know if the kids are alive or dead? I mean - if the person renting the apartment died a day after renewing her lease, that means those kids have been locked in there for around half a month. You'd -think- the stench would give away their current state of decay by this time. But no - according to the last ldesc that the tenant arranged for that small piece of bone, a set of twins, only two years old each, are playing with a string attached to a piece of bone. But YOU have no way of knowing if that's still true, because YOU don't know when that ldesc was written.

What might be even worse -

If the last tenant had kids living in the apartment, died, and never left any ldesc at all. And the kids were infants. No one has broken in (that you know of), the landlord doesn't check apartments (according to the previous post), so those kids ARE there - alive, dead, or somewhere inbetween - they are absolutely positively there. But - you have no way of knowing it, because the last tenant neglected to set an ldesc and is now dead and can't tell you that the kids a) existed and b) have been recently fed/watered/diaper-changed.

Do you RP that the apartment reeks of shitty cloths? What if it doesn't? Do you RP that it's just as clean as it appears? What if there are infants with shitty cloths in varying stages of rotting in their cribs?

It's easier to just junk the objects and junk any and all RP surrounding the possibility that those kids were alive when I rented the apartment, or dead. And if anyone asks my PC where the kids are, she'll plead ignorant, because she didn't see any kids in there. Maybe a virtual burglar broke in, kidnapped the virtual kids, and locked up on his way out, and those kids weren't there at all.

I don't see the problem.

You walk in, the ldesc says little Sally is playing with toys, best to just play it out as there being a kid there and handle it instead of sweating the details.

If you walk in and there is nothing, but someone claims there are kids there? Assume someone else handled it in-game and carry on with it, or don't.

You can always sell it in-game to a slaver or someone who wants a kid - my last character tried to buy herself a daughter for like 25k at one point.

That apartment ldesc could be your characters ticket to profit if you are willing to run with it instead of just picking the object up and ignoring it.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on July 22, 2013, 11:05:28 PM
I don't see the problem.

You walk in, the ldesc says little Sally is playing with toys, best to just play it out as there being a kid there and handle it instead of sweating the details.

If you walk in and there is nothing, but someone claims there are kids there? Assume someone else handled it in-game and carry on with it, or don't.

You can always sell it in-game to a slaver or someone who wants a kid - my last character tried to buy herself a daughter for like 25k at one point.

That apartment ldesc could be your characters ticket to profit if you are willing to run with it instead of just picking the object up and ignoring it.

Basically this...you respond to whatever the game tells you is there...

Even if its furniture stapled to the ceiling  ;)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 23, 2013, 05:40:54 AM

think Are those staples metal?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on July 23, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
Quote from: musashi on July 23, 2013, 05:40:54 AM

think Are those staples metal?

think (panicked) Evil magicks!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.