Was that a waddling fetus?

Started by zeia, May 27, 2013, 09:36:37 AM

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 27, 2013, 05:12:42 PM
hahaha, abortions, miscarriages, infancide, lol

In the meantime, let's go back to debating if incest and cannibalism is thematic to Allanak.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Pregnancy in Zalanthan time would last 4 RL weeks, roughly being the nine months out of twelve that would make a year. I personally have not seen any super-fast babies.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I would not touch preggers RP with a ten foot pole of steel.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

May 27, 2013, 10:24:24 PM #29 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:35:47 PM by chrisdcoulombe

Get baby  
You pick up a baby
Taste baby
It tastes like ordinary baby.
Eat baby
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2013, 08:11:42 PM
I would not touch preggers RP with a ten foot pole of steel.

I would.

I would be all over that.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

While this is not official documentation, there is a Pregnancy guide that can be a resource for players. It talks about all the different stages of pregnancy, and how long you can expect to be pregnant, even across race. Hopefully that helps a little!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 27, 2013, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: hatchets on May 27, 2013, 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: Potaje on May 27, 2013, 03:16:47 PM
Funny thing is you all should read about mul mix before thinking it could do something it doesn't.

Pretty sure it says that you have to take it before sex.

+1 for reading item descriptions!

They can't be bothered with something so obvious, of course.

I feel like this is attacking players who use mul mix as an abortion tool. For all you know, they were told that it does work, and by a Zalanthian doctor. Depending on who is making the assertion, it may well be an actual thing.

Let's try not to judge too harshly, guys!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on May 27, 2013, 11:12:37 PM
Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 27, 2013, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: hatchets on May 27, 2013, 03:26:08 PM
Quote from: Potaje on May 27, 2013, 03:16:47 PM
Funny thing is you all should read about mul mix before thinking it could do something it doesn't.

Pretty sure it says that you have to take it before sex.

+1 for reading item descriptions!

They can't be bothered with something so obvious, of course.

I feel like this is attacking players who use mul mix as an abortion tool. For all you know, they were told that it does work, and by a Zalanthian doctor. Depending on who is making the assertion, it may well be an actual thing.

Let's try not to judge too harshly, guys!

It's also an RP device, so who cares? And who says it works?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on May 28, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

This fairly negative and is not all that helpful to the discussion.

Mul mix exists, it works for the purpose it was intended for and is well known throughout the history of the game to be useful and often used to prevent pregnancy. I think anyone not wanting to add to the waddling fetus' would be using mul mix. Just because something does not give you a coded advantage does not mean its 'just an RP device, who cares?'.

These discussions always tend to bleed into mayhem because there are a few who take OOC views on abortion and birthcontrol IG. So be respectful, on both sides. This is a harsh world that is not our world.
Nyr: lifesaver hishn to the rishncue

Quote from: Morrolan on May 27, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

First-world people laughing about Third-world problems.
I was calling attention to the people laughing about throwing women down stairs and using poison for abortion I don't actually think any of these things are funny

Quote from: Morrolan on May 27, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
Back on topic-ish, we totally shoiuld have a preggers code.

Human:
Gain +1 tenstone per trimester.
Random sickness
Injuries can cause loss of the child.
Childbirth can kill. Some herbs can help. Water witches might be able to help. Etc. Etc.

Actually think that would be pretty cool.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

May 28, 2013, 04:30:35 PM #37 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:33:59 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Hishn on May 28, 2013, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: Fredd on May 28, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

This fairly negative and is not all that helpful to the discussion.

Mul mix exists, it works for the purpose it was intended for and is well known throughout the history of the game to be useful and often used to prevent pregnancy. I think anyone not wanting to add to the waddling fetus' would be using mul mix. Just because something does not give you a coded advantage does not mean its 'just an RP device, who cares?'.

These discussions always tend to bleed into mayhem because there are a few who take OOC views on abortion and birthcontrol IG. So be respectful, on both sides. This is a harsh world that is not our world.

Sorry, it came out wrong. And I completely agree with your last statement. I could never bring myself to do an abortion IRL. I've had the talk, and seriously considered it, then backed out at the last moment, there was no way I could ever do it. That being said, the people I play are not me (except the rare guy I make to see how long I would live on Zalanthas, which, as it turns out, aint that long >.>) And so they will do some harsh, sickening things. But it's a game. That baby doesn't actually exist. So it doesn't bother me one bit that my PC would throw a woman down a flight of stairs, or smother a baby in it's crib.

All I meant about the Mul Mix comment was that, so long as it's being used to prevent pregnancy, it shouldn't matter, it's the intended purpose of it. That is all. And I'm sorry if I came off as a callous prick, or someone that doesn't respect the game world. As we all know, I respect the game world.

Edit: Also, Hishn is 100% right. People are far to sensative on this subject.

em drops microphone

You drop a microphone

say Fredd Out.

You say in sirihish
"Fredd Out"
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 28, 2013, 12:12:54 PM

I was calling attention to the people laughing about throwing women down stairs and using poison for abortion I don't actually think any of these things are funny

Lighten up.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 28, 2013, 06:59:00 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on May 28, 2013, 12:12:54 PM

Lighten up.

I think the In-Game / Out-Of-Game lines are getting blurred here for some people.

Hishn said it best.

Quote from: Hishn on May 28, 2013, 10:45:13 AM
This is a harsh world that is not our world.
"I wouldn't go that way if I were you, there are two thumpers eyeing you from the alley and waiting to brain you. Maybe if you twist His Arm with some black they'll disappear. They'll stab them in the squinters and make their eyes glow like Jihae."

Yeah, all sorts of weird, incredibly fucked up things happen in arm, and frequently, the only way to react to such things is to laugh it off.

Laughing it off doesn't mean you find those things funny, per say.

Back on topic!

I've never seen any 'speed' pregnancies happen IG. That would be really weird, but I assume if they did happen it would probably be an accident on the players part, figuring out wrong or something because we have a pretty good caliber of player here generally. Perhaps you just didn't see the whole picture.

Also, there is so much going on in a characters life...and time spent actually IG is just a snippet of that life. Sometimes it's impossible to encompass all facets of a characters life into actual playtime. It's understandable that the more virtual parts (like young children) would take the back burner sometimes over RP involving actual PC's, and it's pretty easy most of the time to muster up a reasonable explanation for not having a child around.

Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I think I've seen like 3 pregnant characters ever.

I clearly RP in the wrong circles.

Quote from: Erythil on May 28, 2013, 11:10:02 PM

Be the change....
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

I've seen three in the last week.

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Vwest on June 03, 2013, 06:44:16 PM

You must play in Tuluk.  :o
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Alternatively, the correct ones.  :P
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Wouldn't 5 RL pregnancy mean showing as pregnant 2-3 weeks, knowing about the pregnancy 3-4 weeks?

So...a one week visible pregnancy isn't necessarily -that- fast, depending on when they are RP'ing the conception vs the birth as.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 03, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

You take that back.

Quote from: Vwest on June 18, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on June 03, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

You take that back.

Nevah!

Oh, okay.

You must play a (insert 'tribe' here).
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.