Was that a waddling fetus?

Started by zeia, May 27, 2013, 09:36:37 AM

I have been thinking about this for a while now, thought I would put it out to you guys and see what your views were on it!
Has anyone noticed that there are -so- many female characters getting pregnant?  I have seen several that have given birth to what would be fetus's and saying they are 'happy and healthy bundles of joy' after literally a week or two IRL time playing pregnant.  In the real world you wouldn't be able to go, ok, bored of getting pregnant now out you come, and your child is suddenly perfect?  No it would be -dead- giving birth at 3 or 4 months gone isn't a birth, it's a miscarriage, or on the very slim chance that you might be further along than expected and you have a veryyyyyyyyy teenie tiny baby that would need ALOT of medical attention.  Either way, in Zalanthas, the child would die anyways.  So why does everyone else surrounding these characters in question go along with it?
Alot of pregnant characters I have seen, end up getting bored of playing them or once there is a child in the game they end up getting shipped off to family so you don't have to play with them?  Why create a pregnancy in your character if this is the case?  It's suppose to be a hard life in Zalanthas and with the amount of babies people have played popping out in the last year or two we've made a new world population! 
My main reason for posting this though is to ask what others thoughts are on perhaps making it so people who play pregnancies have echos input to their characters?  Morning sickness, tiredness, to make a pregnancy more realistic?  Giving life threatening conditions to the character if they ignore the pregnancy short of being 'fat and waddling' as I've seen a heavily pregnant female character run from one side of a city to another! How would this happen?!
Also with the actual child birth, how many people would actually survive?  Given the harsh conditions that people in Zalathanas would be living in, it would be completely unsanitary to be giving birth and have opens wounds etc, so would the risk of bleeding out come in to play?  Would people that have literally just given birth be back to sparring, fighting, hunting the next day? No!
Baring in mind these are just my thoughts/ideas.  What does everyone else think?
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Pretty sure preggers RP is supposed to be realistic. If you see someone who you feel is not playing it realistically, Request Tool -> Player Complaint.

There is/was a pregnancy doc. Hmm.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Don't get me started. 
I roll for then micromanage my character's  pregnancies down to the possibility of miscarriage due to trauma, multiples, gender,   magickal affinity and everything in between. I portray  hormonal ups and downs, cravings,  tiredness,   absentmindness and  everything else. It's time consuming and draining.  When they get here, my bitch nurses, most of the day.
It's draining.
If a year is six weeks your character better be pregnant for at least 4 and a half weeks if you're human. 

We need a pregnancy document.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

3 months on Zalanthas was a year I thought?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on May 27, 2013, 10:55:28 AM
3 months on Zalanthas was a year I thought?

Right. That equals 6 weeks RL time. If you base a PC human pregnancy term on a RL human pregnancy term it is about 4.5 RL weeks.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

I blame the walking penis.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I haven't seen these super quick pregnancies. But the doc's says 5 RL weeks. That being said, if womens wanna be fat and cranky, let them. Doesn't make me plot there death any less. Just means I have to pay the assassin extra...Sometimes.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I once "spied" on a couple who were talking about just "getting rid" of the child within the woman's womb (from another man) with some herbs so that they could then try to have a child of their own right after. I sent that log to the Staff and I'm pretty sure it ended terribly for that woman. When you see something ridiculous being done with pregnancy, just send it to the Staff and they'll deal with it, if the player won't.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on May 27, 2013, 02:11:32 PM
I once "spied" on a couple who were talking about just "getting rid" of the child within the woman's womb (from another man) with some herbs so that they could then try to have a child of their own right after. I sent that log to the Staff and I'm pretty sure it ended terribly for that woman. When you see something ridiculous being done with pregnancy, just send it to the Staff and they'll deal with it, if the player won't.

I've forced a woman to eat mix when she told me she was pregnant with my child :) Of course she would have just been starting the pregnancy. I told her it was that, or I'm throwing her down stairs repeatedly, and the mix was probably safer.

lol.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on May 27, 2013, 02:35:10 PM

I've forced a woman to eat mix when she told me she was pregnant with my child :) Of course she would have just been starting the pregnancy. I told her it was that, or I'm throwing her down stairs repeatedly, and the mix was probably safer.

lol.

come back from 7yr hiatus got knocked up by someone who she shouldn't have.  She was older too.  He wanted her to keep it and she couldn't say no to him. His family kicked her out on her ass and she ended up eating a massive amount of mulmix and aborting.

She then ended up in her dream job for the guild face.  Couldn't have done that shit with a whelp.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Fredd on May 27, 2013, 02:35:10 PM

lol.

Actually not funny.

Back on topic-ish, we totally shoiuld have a preggers code.

Human:
Gain +1 tenstone per trimester.
Random sickness
Injuries can cause loss of the child.
Childbirth can kill. Some herbs can help. Water witches might be able to help. Etc. Etc.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

May 27, 2013, 03:02:45 PM #14 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:06:29 PM by Fredd
Removed because on second thought. I don't care.

Funny thing is you all should read about mul mix before thinking it could do something it doesn't.

Pretty sure it says that you have to take it before sex.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on May 27, 2013, 03:16:47 PM
Funny thing is you all should read about mul mix before thinking it could do something it doesn't.

+1 for reading item descriptions!
Life sucks, then you die.

They can't be bothered with something so obvious, of course.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Yeah, the real day-after pill is blood-burn.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 27, 2013, 03:45:26 PM
Or Terradin. Or a combination. Just... yeah.. find out IC.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I really expected this to be about something else.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on May 27, 2013, 03:32:09 PM

To prevent pregnancies, yes. Old wives tales claim overdosing on it aborts. I rolled with it. Better than going to some filthy witch!

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 27, 2013, 03:45:26 PM

using it next time. LOL.

hahaha, abortions, miscarriages, infancide, lol

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 27, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

First-world people laughing about Third-world problems.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

In the meantime, let's go back to debating if incest and cannibalism is thematic to Allanak.

Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Pregnancy in Zalanthan time would last 4 RL weeks, roughly being the nine months out of twelve that would make a year. I personally have not seen any super-fast babies.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I would not touch preggers RP with a ten foot pole of steel.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

May 27, 2013, 10:24:24 PM #29 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:35:47 PM by chrisdcoulombe

Get baby  
You pick up a baby
Taste baby
It tastes like ordinary baby.
Eat baby
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2013, 08:11:42 PM
I would not touch preggers RP with a ten foot pole of steel.

I would.

I would be all over that.

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

While this is not official documentation, there is a Pregnancy guide that can be a resource for players. It talks about all the different stages of pregnancy, and how long you can expect to be pregnant, even across race. Hopefully that helps a little!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: hatchets on May 27, 2013, 03:26:08 PM

I feel like this is attacking players who use mul mix as an abortion tool. For all you know, they were told that it does work, and by a Zalanthian doctor. Depending on who is making the assertion, it may well be an actual thing.

Let's try not to judge too harshly, guys!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on May 27, 2013, 11:12:37 PM
Quote from: hatchets on May 27, 2013, 03:26:08 PM

I feel like this is attacking players who use mul mix as an abortion tool. For all you know, they were told that it does work, and by a Zalanthian doctor. Depending on who is making the assertion, it may well be an actual thing.

Let's try not to judge too harshly, guys!

It's also an RP device, so who cares? And who says it works?

Quote from: Fredd on May 28, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

This fairly negative and is not all that helpful to the discussion.

Mul mix exists, it works for the purpose it was intended for and is well known throughout the history of the game to be useful and often used to prevent pregnancy. I think anyone not wanting to add to the waddling fetus' would be using mul mix. Just because something does not give you a coded advantage does not mean its 'just an RP device, who cares?'.

These discussions always tend to bleed into mayhem because there are a few who take OOC views on abortion and birthcontrol IG. So be respectful, on both sides. This is a harsh world that is not our world.
Nyr: lifesaver hishn to the rishncue

Quote from: Morrolan on May 27, 2013, 05:15:42 PM

I was calling attention to the people laughing about throwing women down stairs and using poison for abortion I don't actually think any of these things are funny

Quote from: Morrolan on May 27, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
Back on topic-ish, we totally shoiuld have a preggers code.

Human:
Gain +1 tenstone per trimester.
Random sickness
Injuries can cause loss of the child.
Childbirth can kill. Some herbs can help. Water witches might be able to help. Etc. Etc.

Actually think that would be pretty cool.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

May 28, 2013, 04:30:35 PM #37 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:33:59 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Hishn on May 28, 2013, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: Fredd on May 28, 2013, 01:05:04 AM

This fairly negative and is not all that helpful to the discussion.

Mul mix exists, it works for the purpose it was intended for and is well known throughout the history of the game to be useful and often used to prevent pregnancy. I think anyone not wanting to add to the waddling fetus' would be using mul mix. Just because something does not give you a coded advantage does not mean its 'just an RP device, who cares?'.

These discussions always tend to bleed into mayhem because there are a few who take OOC views on abortion and birthcontrol IG. So be respectful, on both sides. This is a harsh world that is not our world.

Sorry, it came out wrong. And I completely agree with your last statement. I could never bring myself to do an abortion IRL. I've had the talk, and seriously considered it, then backed out at the last moment, there was no way I could ever do it. That being said, the people I play are not me (except the rare guy I make to see how long I would live on Zalanthas, which, as it turns out, aint that long >.>) And so they will do some harsh, sickening things. But it's a game. That baby doesn't actually exist. So it doesn't bother me one bit that my PC would throw a woman down a flight of stairs, or smother a baby in it's crib.

All I meant about the Mul Mix comment was that, so long as it's being used to prevent pregnancy, it shouldn't matter, it's the intended purpose of it. That is all. And I'm sorry if I came off as a callous prick, or someone that doesn't respect the game world. As we all know, I respect the game world.

Edit: Also, Hishn is 100% right. People are far to sensative on this subject.

em drops microphone

You drop a microphone

say Fredd Out.

You say in sirihish
"Fredd Out"

Quote from: MeTekillot on May 28, 2013, 12:12:54 PM

I was calling attention to the people laughing about throwing women down stairs and using poison for abortion I don't actually think any of these things are funny

Lighten up.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 28, 2013, 06:59:00 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on May 28, 2013, 12:12:54 PM

Lighten up.

I think the In-Game / Out-Of-Game lines are getting blurred here for some people.

Hishn said it best.

Quote from: Hishn on May 28, 2013, 10:45:13 AM
This is a harsh world that is not our world.
"I wouldn't go that way if I were you, there are two thumpers eyeing you from the alley and waiting to brain you. Maybe if you twist His Arm with some black they'll disappear. They'll stab them in the squinters and make their eyes glow like Jihae."

Yeah, all sorts of weird, incredibly fucked up things happen in arm, and frequently, the only way to react to such things is to laugh it off.

Laughing it off doesn't mean you find those things funny, per say.

Back on topic!

I've never seen any 'speed' pregnancies happen IG. That would be really weird, but I assume if they did happen it would probably be an accident on the players part, figuring out wrong or something because we have a pretty good caliber of player here generally. Perhaps you just didn't see the whole picture.

Also, there is so much going on in a characters life...and time spent actually IG is just a snippet of that life. Sometimes it's impossible to encompass all facets of a characters life into actual playtime. It's understandable that the more virtual parts (like young children) would take the back burner sometimes over RP involving actual PC's, and it's pretty easy most of the time to muster up a reasonable explanation for not having a child around.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I think I've seen like 3 pregnant characters ever.

I clearly RP in the wrong circles.

Quote from: Erythil on May 28, 2013, 11:10:02 PM

Be the change....
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

I've seen three in the last week.

Quote from: Vwest on June 03, 2013, 06:44:16 PM

You must play in Tuluk.  :o

Alternatively, the correct ones.  :P
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Wouldn't 5 RL pregnancy mean showing as pregnant 2-3 weeks, knowing about the pregnancy 3-4 weeks?

So...a one week visible pregnancy isn't necessarily -that- fast, depending on when they are RP'ing the conception vs the birth as.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 03, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

You take that back.

Quote from: Vwest on June 18, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on June 03, 2013, 07:01:18 PM

You take that back.

Nevah!

Oh, okay.

You must play a (insert 'tribe' here).

My character totally had like five babies this week

Quote from: Case on June 22, 2013, 07:11:15 AM

Wuss. Mine's octomom.

Quote from: Delirium on June 22, 2013, 07:12:32 AM

Wuss. Mine's octomom.
wow being a gith sucks :(

we should reroll

Quote from: Case on June 22, 2013, 08:25:21 AM
Quote from: Delirium on June 22, 2013, 07:12:32 AM

Wuss. Mine's octomom.
wow being a gith sucks :(

we should reroll

I has one baby this week, but I'm a dude, so I win.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Every time I see this thread on the "most recently posted threads" list, and I skim down the list looking for topics that I want to read, my eyes twist the letters around. I keep seeing "Wat that a wedding fetus?" and it makes me snicker.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM
Every time I see this thread on the "most recently posted threads" list, and I skim down the list looking for topics that I want to read, my eyes twist the letters around. I keep seeing "Wat that a wedding fetus?" and it makes me snicker.

You mean I'm not the only one with that problem??
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on June 23, 2013, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on June 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

You mean I'm not the only one with that problem??
Me too!

Wha?  You know ARM has come into it's own.  Back in the day, NO ONE esp a real-life female player would rp getting pregnant.  Why?  Since some of the rl females have been pregnant, we come here to escape life for a while and be something else.  We don't need no lil bundle of joy to love us when no one else will.  We don't need/want the rp of being pregnant in the HEAT. And there's no hanging out in the taverns with an infant.  You're life is feeding, cleaning  and watching over this absolutely helpless being for a few years.  And also consider a more practical reason: if you're grebbing for existence and the baby daddy is not invest in an 'us' - the kankhumper is going to leave you for a less complicated woman.  Hey...guess what there's no child support in Zalanthas.  So unless said female is using it as an edge over someone in power (something very risky as assassins are well used), it's a vanity pregnancy...kinda like buying earrings or a new purse.

Quote from: DxGrief on July 20, 2013, 01:32:06 PM
Wha?  You know ARM has come into it's own.  Back in the day, NO ONE esp a real-life female player would rp getting pregnant.  Why?  Since some of the rl females have been pregnant, we come here to escape life for a while and be something else.  We don't need no lil bundle of joy to love us when no one else will.  We don't need/want the rp of being pregnant in the HEAT. And there's no hanging out in the taverns with an infant.  You're life is feeding, cleaning  and watching over this absolutely helpless being for a few years.  And also consider a more practical reason: if you're grebbing for existence and the baby daddy is not invest in an 'us' - the kankhumper is going to leave you for a less complicated woman.  Hey...guess what there's no child support in Zalanthas.  So unless said female is using it as an edge over someone in power (something very risky as assassins are well used), it's a vanity pregnancy...kinda like buying earrings or a new purse.

I agree, but I'm willing to just let people do what makes them happy. I have vocalized the above before. But since decided to try to be a bit less judgmental. Or more quietly judgmental when I fail at the latter.

I'm particularly judgmental about roleplaying out an unaffiliated PC female who lives in a rented apartment with or without her mate.. has kids, RPs that the kids are living in the apartment (which usually only has one room, and no babysitter or daycare center nearby), and then dies, stores, or just stops logging in for an extended period of time. And then the rent runs out, and someone else takes over the apartment, not knowing that there are starving children (or rotting corpses, depending on the length of time it's been) sharing the space.

I have actually rented apartments where there were ldescs displaying toys having been recently played with, and other objects with ldescs implying that there are presently toddlers toddling around the apartment. Talk about immersion-breaking.

Pick up that vnpc toddler (toy) and arrange selling it to a slaving House or put it on the corpse pile.
drop toy (tossing the corpse of the blond-curled toddler on ~pile) [and morbidly cups it in the corpse's tiny, rotting hand] the body of the blond-curled toddler is on top of the pile, clutching ~

Sounds like promising roleplay opportunity.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 20, 2013, 02:28:58 PM
I'm particularly judgmental about roleplaying out an unaffiliated PC female who lives in a rented apartment with or without her mate.. has kids, RPs that the kids are living in the apartment (which usually only has one room, and no babysitter or daycare center nearby), and then dies, stores, or just stops logging in for an extended period of time. And then the rent runs out, and someone else takes over the apartment, not knowing that there are starving children (or rotting corpses, depending on the length of time it's been) sharing the space.

I have actually rented apartments where there were ldescs displaying toys having been recently played with, and other objects with ldescs implying that there are presently toddlers toddling around the apartment. Talk about immersion-breaking.

Welcome to a daily life in India.

Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

Quote from: Malken on July 20, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on July 20, 2013, 02:28:58 PM

Welcome to a daily life in India.

Or pretty much any 'developing nation', of which I would definitely consider Zalanthas to be.

If babies are immersion breaking for you, come with an IC excuse for being a baby kidnapper or baby murderer and be the change IG. Or invent a better form of birth control.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I think if you rent an apartment...and walk in...and there's toddlers in it (depicted by arranged items or whatever)....then you should prob. deal with it IC, instead of letting it break your immersion and just pretending it didn't happen. If a parent has kids...and then dies...then yes the kids are going to be left in the apartment...and the next person to rent it will have to deal with that...IC'ly. Because the landlords do not go in and clear out apartments, they wouldn't clear out kids or dead kids either. Adopt them, kill them, eat them, sell them, dump them out on the street or whatever. But if they're there...deal with it.

Quote from: Maso on July 22, 2013, 01:54:39 PM
I think if you rent an apartment...and walk in...and there's toddlers in it (depicted by arranged items or whatever)....then you should prob. deal with it IC, instead of letting it break your immersion and just pretending it didn't happen. If a parent has kids...and then dies...then yes the kids are going to be left in the apartment...and the next person to rent it will have to deal with that...IC'ly. Because the landlords do not go in and clear out apartments, they wouldn't clear out kids or dead kids either. Adopt them, kill them, eat them, sell them, dump them out on the street or whatever. But if they're there...deal with it.

Sell the babies? I heard sell the babies... I want to get an apartment with kids in it so I can be like... "Hey... I have a kid for sale."

July 22, 2013, 07:56:23 PM #67 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:57:59 PM by Lizzie
How do you know if the kids are alive or dead? I mean - if the person renting the apartment died a day after renewing her lease, that means those kids have been locked in there for around half a month. You'd -think- the stench would give away their current state of decay by this time. But no - according to the last ldesc that the tenant arranged for that small piece of bone, a set of twins, only two years old each, are playing with a string attached to a piece of bone. But YOU have no way of knowing if that's still true, because YOU don't know when that ldesc was written.

What might be even worse -

If the last tenant had kids living in the apartment, died, and never left any ldesc at all. And the kids were infants. No one has broken in (that you know of), the landlord doesn't check apartments (according to the previous post), so those kids ARE there - alive, dead, or somewhere inbetween - they are absolutely positively there. But - you have no way of knowing it, because the last tenant neglected to set an ldesc and is now dead and can't tell you that the kids a) existed and b) have been recently fed/watered/diaper-changed.

Do you RP that the apartment reeks of shitty cloths? What if it doesn't? Do you RP that it's just as clean as it appears? What if there are infants with shitty cloths in varying stages of rotting in their cribs?

It's easier to just junk the objects and junk any and all RP surrounding the possibility that those kids were alive when I rented the apartment, or dead. And if anyone asks my PC where the kids are, she'll plead ignorant, because she didn't see any kids in there. Maybe a virtual burglar broke in, kidnapped the virtual kids, and locked up on his way out, and those kids weren't there at all.

I don't see the problem.

You walk in, the ldesc says little Sally is playing with toys, best to just play it out as there being a kid there and handle it instead of sweating the details.

If you walk in and there is nothing, but someone claims there are kids there? Assume someone else handled it in-game and carry on with it, or don't.

You can always sell it in-game to a slaver or someone who wants a kid - my last character tried to buy herself a daughter for like 25k at one point.

That apartment ldesc could be your characters ticket to profit if you are willing to run with it instead of just picking the object up and ignoring it.

Quote from: Vwest on July 22, 2013, 11:05:28 PM
I don't see the problem.

You walk in, the ldesc says little Sally is playing with toys, best to just play it out as there being a kid there and handle it instead of sweating the details.

If you walk in and there is nothing, but someone claims there are kids there? Assume someone else handled it in-game and carry on with it, or don't.

You can always sell it in-game to a slaver or someone who wants a kid - my last character tried to buy herself a daughter for like 25k at one point.

That apartment ldesc could be your characters ticket to profit if you are willing to run with it instead of just picking the object up and ignoring it.

Basically this...you respond to whatever the game tells you is there...

Even if its furniture stapled to the ceiling  ;)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 23, 2013, 05:40:54 AM

think Are those staples metal?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on July 23, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
Quote from: musashi on July 23, 2013, 05:40:54 AM

think Are those staples metal?

think (panicked) Evil magicks!