How many characters have you gone through?

Started by Caiden, May 12, 2013, 01:45:47 PM

How many characters have you gone through since you started playing Arm?

0-10
29 (29.3%)
10-20
20 (20.2%)
20-30
14 (14.1%)
30-40
11 (11.1%)
40+
25 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Voting closed: May 26, 2013, 01:45:47 PM

I'm wondering how many characters the wonderful players that inhabit Zalanthas have gone through thus far.

I've been here about a month...  I'm already at 26, but maybe cause I'm a little... adventurous. And I have bad luck. So go figure.

you guys should post how long you've been playing too! :)

I sorta wonder if you are just wanting the hard numbers or some statistics.

The interesting thing about that type question is that Arm has been around for more then 20 years now...Some of us have been around that long and are still under 40 PCs. While I know of some people who have broken 100 PCs in like a year.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

oh, no, just statistically. I don't care about hard numbers, just the rough estimate. Zalanthas is a harsh world, and I feel like I got brutally raped. lol.

but I still have fun dying! This is probably one of the few games that game make me rage quit, and in the middle of my rage I make a new character so it doesn't take forever to get a new character when I cool down. Anyone else share these experiences?

After around 2 years of actual playtime over the past 4 years, I'm on number 5 (one of which comprises 1.5 years of that 2 years).
Alea iacta est

My average these days is probably 1-2 a year.. And that's being generous.. I can play a character for a whole year easy if I really enjoy it. My #1 loss of characters is due to storage.

I honestly can't remember the last time I actually died without wanting to..
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: X-D on May 12, 2013, 01:56:16 PM
I sorta wonder if you are just wanting the hard numbers or some statistics.

The interesting thing about that type question is that Arm has been around for more then 20 years now...Some of us have been around that long and are still under 40 PCs. While I know of some people who have broken 100 PCs in like a year.

Ever had a character just die from old age?

I've been playing for a couple months, maybe? And I've gotten about four or five of them killed. The first lasted three hours in the rinth before he was cut down by some kill-crazy hooded figure. When you start finding bloody loot piles, as I've read elsewhere, it's time to start wondering what might have created them before you start looting.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I think I'm on #147. Started in '07. Lots of adventure rangers, lots of storage....
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

On my 13th character right now. Storage comprises exactly one fourth of my past characters, it does.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

QuoteEver had a character just die from old age?

No, but I think my longest lived PC in game years aged 28 game years...so, no where near where staff would be going...um, Hey bub...
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on May 12, 2013, 02:29:52 PM
QuoteEver had a character just die from old age?

No, but I think my longest lived PC in game years aged 28 game years...so, no where near where staff would be going...um, Hey bub...

thats pretty bad ass. I bet he was the shit

I've been playing this game for almost a year now (whoa, really? It seeme like just yesterday), and I've gone through like four trashy characters that lasted a day or so, and two that I've loved and cherished and put days and days and days of play time into. The short lived characters, I always just feel meh about. But the other two... ohmygod I get so sad when they die in the end and keep almost quitting and convincing myself that I will never have another character as fun to play. So far though, I've always ended up being wrong.

Started October, 2009 and on my 6th PC.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

47 in about 11 and a half years!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

May 12, 2013, 03:28:43 PM #17 Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:36:43 PM by RogueGunslinger
I don't know. Over a hundred, less than 150. Lost my other account so I can't tell for sure.

When I was a nub I went through characters so fast. My favorite part of the game was making new characters with new personalities and seeing how others would react to them.

Lately I live longer. It's been like 5 characters in a year. Most of them around 5 days played with a couple long lived.

That's in about 5-6 years.

I'm in the low 20's, and about 12... years... I think?
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

40+ Started in early 2000s and was on an extended break from about late 2004 to mid last year with a few short spurts in between. I usually find myself getting bored if I'm not dying though! >=D

147 in about 5 years. could be worse, I think.

36 in 10 years.

No storage.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Caiden , I haven't had time to crunch my numbers yet, or check over the forums.  But can I suggest for your next character, you roll in Allanak, spend your sids only on food and drink, sit in the Gaj during game nights,and if you encounter any bynners regularly, chase up their sergeant. The Byn gives teaches you the ooc tricks on staying alive, trains your character,and if you listen, teaches you about the bad things out there, and mixes you with some great RPers.
For your OOC sake, (and for the sake of your character's well being) stick to their rules.
You've been here a month, so you probably know all this already.  ;)
Oh,did I say don't go through the gates by yourself, and don't go north side.
Oh,sorrry...was that a derail?

Been playing almost three years now. I'm on PC number six, I think. Maybe seven.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Been here since 2008. 34 characters. These days my PC's tend to be pretty long lived. Most of those were rangers back in my newbie days.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.