The Concept/Character You Wish Survived...

Started by Twilight, July 06, 2012, 03:33:07 PM

The weird thing is the characters I'd most like to see what happened to did survive to the point of storage.  :-\ I don't feel like going into detail right now though... too ashamed.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't stored my Tuluki Kadian. IT is generally a short lived thought, though.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I had a dwarf with a focus of making enough coins to get a farm. He was offered a corner of a garden, and even had some small bit of land dangled over his head at a nearby ranch. He also talked often about getting a herd of tandu for that farm. And all of his compatriots wanted to live with him and help him protect the farm from raiders. Finally, a Red Fang promised to show him a secluded little farm he could live out his life. He was so excited. But before he could see the farm, there was a lot of political turmoil going down and bounties being offered, templars being paid off...
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

^I think I know which one that was...or was another player that played a certain dwarf.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

All of them.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

About a year ago (Last Logon: Wed Jul 13) imagine that I played a mute inventor girl working for a house, oh I was such a fool for storing that character. I once got a funny look as to why my backpack was full of parchment and writing stuff, only for the person to realize it was scribbled with all these crazy designs. If she continued as she did for the two IG years I played her, she might've pushed the technology in the known forward a small bit. But alas, playing a non-speaking merchant isn't easy. I do regret storing her though.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on July 06, 2012, 09:39:50 PM
My Jaxa Pah clan leader.

I just could -not- figure out how to make a wealthy 'rinthi elf work within my documentation
and had a very hard time developing plot lines and goals for my employees that were not murder
for hire. This character had as much potential as anything I've run to brutally affect the game world
but I staggered with him.

No one even knew he was a power because another extremely dangerous elf was running around.

Blammo - Storage.

Leadership in the Rinth sounds pretty rough.  Especially with the high fatality rate with rinth characters.
:-)

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on July 07, 2012, 04:01:43 AM
Sorka Hallan, the Soh Lanah Kah taken by a [redacted], ritualistically scarred to be offered as a sacrifice, but saved last minute by [redacted].

I wish, Oh God I wish, I hadn't stored him.

It was my first special app and Shalooonsh had been with me every step of the way. I was really excited about it and I was heart-broken at the fact that, as soon as I got into the tribe with a set of players I was supposed to be active with - They all went inactive. Didn't help at the fact that, due to my character's extremely young age, it literally took him 5-10 minutes of 'grazing' and 'nicking' things to kill them.

P.S. - This shit was, like, years ago.

Inactive or led into a pit of gith by Asher. I was playing Kijet, Kija's son at the time, and I had progressed to be able to nick and graze carru to death!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Let's see.

#1 is probably my templar, who was a mix between Ciaphas Cain and my personality. Tea-drinking included. He had a constant back-and-forth with a Lirathan, I really wanted to have him set up some forbidden long distance romance with her and have her be my Amberley.

#2, 3, 4, or more- most of my magickers that died early. One I liked a lot was a young Al Seik Stone Braxat.

#5. An ex-militia corporal-turned-Guild-thug that got magickered in the backroom of a 'rinth bar. :P

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Another I wish had survived - Arm of the Dragon Private that was kidnapped by a group of Northern Legionnaires in the south. En route north, said Legionnaires were all but decimated by the Plainsman. Plainsman decides to take the Ex-Arm Private under his care and shows him some pretty cool magicky stuff. Left to wait for an uncertain amount of time for the Plainsman return, he was off'd by a mul for a bounty placed on him within half a week's time.

I always get to the verge of entering wtf-awesome stuff - Then ginka kills me :(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Legitimately insane, and fanatical Tor noble who believed the Highlord was actually sending her visions. Sadly, hurricanes Charlie, Frances, and Jean did not want me playing Armageddon.

I made a psychopath that lived about 4 hours.  His goal was to build a chair of humanoid skulls, following a goal his father before him had.
point luirs
Wandering over to Cenyr he fell into the salt flats and was injured.  I wasn't able to find the trail into Cenyr cuz I was noob, so I tried to limp my way to Allanak.  I ran into a scrab and was out of movement.  Beep.

Probably better anyway.  He rolled really poorly.  And if I started killing everyone it would have been short anyway.  I didn't know what I was doing.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

- A half-elf who had a strong phobia for being out of fashion. If underdressed, she would normally avoid everyone and go around wearing a veil or cloak or something to cover her identity. Was planning on having her get in trouble for stealing expensive clothes from rich people. Died a lame death fleeing from the first scrab she encountered, fell off mount, plus lag.

- Another breed, assassin, who was abused, enslaved, used a drug mule, who later escaped from slavery. She was a proper psychopath, very detailed background, actually the first psychopath I got into character. Had an obsession with killing slavers and elves, not out of hate (she was emotionally broken), but out of some kind of moral sense of responsibility. Died a lame death to a NPC I was abusing backstab against.

I was quite burnt out from the game after those two died :P

Quote from: Cind on July 07, 2012, 08:17:08 AM
Its been just under thirteen months, so... I had this half-elf one time called Jar, who had lavender hair but was otherwise physically normal for a breed. She was out of her mind. Such a wild person. It was so much fun. One time I had her climb up to the west gate and fall off repeatedly until pc guards came for me. This one guy who played with her and they become friends, she'd whisper in his ear at random that the jozhals would get her, or something to that extent. After three RL days she died to a brawl typo which really sucked because I had enjoyed playing her. I remember her death in that northern tavern, as a southerner visiting Tuluk with a small group, who I think were also southerners, as something that was probably going to cause them problems, for reasons I can't remember, and I felt bad, but what can you do?

Wow, I actually remember this character I think. I was with the group, and we were all taken bets on how long she'd live in the north. I don't recall who collected...

Few years ago when I used to play I had a character that was involved in finding a certain copper mine.  That rode
off into the sea of silt with several failed checks on direction sense, and died.  I heard OOC that mabe that mine
played a role in the history timeline after I stopped playing. I wish I hadn't died and hadn't stopped playing.

Quote from: Bogre on July 13, 2012, 11:35:15 PM
#5. An ex-militia corporal-turned-Guild-thug that got magickered in the backroom of a 'rinth bar. :P
Man, that depressed me. I was finally able to make friends with some Guildies and start doing some Guild business on a PC. *sigh*
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Narf on July 16, 2012, 05:52:00 PM
Quote from: Cind on July 07, 2012, 08:17:08 AM
Its been just under thirteen months, so... I had this half-elf one time called Jar, who had lavender hair but was otherwise physically normal for a breed. She was out of her mind. Such a wild person. It was so much fun. One time I had her climb up to the west gate and fall off repeatedly until pc guards came for me. This one guy who played with her and they become friends, she'd whisper in his ear at random that the jozhals would get her, or something to that extent. After three RL days she died to a brawl typo which really sucked because I had enjoyed playing her. I remember her death in that northern tavern, as a southerner visiting Tuluk with a small group, who I think were also southerners, as something that was probably going to cause them problems, for reasons I can't remember, and I felt bad, but what can you do?

Wow, I actually remember this character I think. I was with the group, and we were all taken bets on how long she'd live in the north. I don't recall who collected...

Hah! I was leading this group. I wish she had lived. I always thought that was an intentional suicide type thing. Never realized it was a brawl-typo-mistake.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

And I think one of my PC's ran into her.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

July 20, 2012, 06:14:04 AM #68 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:59:01 AM by Welda
My top three concept/characters I wish had survived..

1.) I played Rancid, a rinthi half-giant whose life resembled an episode of tru-blood and the movie Kill Bill mixed into one. He was a thug, a mercenary, a bounty hunter, a bodyguard and on several 'most-wanted' lists. Was manipulated all the time to kill lots of folks and finally manipulated into being put down in a room full of npc tuluki soldiers by a Jihean Templar enacting the final scene in the film Old Yeller.

2.) I played a Haruch Kemad sorc. called Dust, protector of the alleyways and scourge of the wastes. Hung out with the Plainsman, and frequently griefed the Tuluki copper-mine outpost until getting trapped within the gates and (IC info removed by Welda) . Half-Giant soldiers were getting tossed around like paper in the wind, the scene ended on the rope bridge with my pc attempting an Indiana Jones moment a'la "hold on lady, we go for ride"

3.) I played a gemmed Rukkian city elf who would talk to and caress pet rocks while relaxing in the taverns. He used to pal around with the White Rantarri, travelling the Known, and was taken as mate by the spidery-limbed elven lady npc back in the days when the Elementalist Temples were only single rooms. His scouting efforts for the Templarate initiated a plot that would later involve the Byn, the militia, the Tor Scorpions and a giant wyvern statue in a cave.. Of course the week before the RPT my character was killed by a pair of bashing silt-flyers, but the staff did me the greatest service ever and allowed me to play a disposable Rukkian scout for the purpose of the event. Which ended up being the most awesome RPT filled with so much magick and lore that I utterly fell in love with this game all over again and have been 'chasing the dragon' of these experiences ever since.

Lets see...

1)  Long, long time ago - played an Oash Noble who was mentioned by a NPC beggar for the longest time outside a now well burned up tavern.  Had him a very long time but he had this great idea to go into disguise and work his way into the guild, because his other attempts of getting his fingers in there never worked.  He got in the rinth fine but his finely tuned burglar skills put him in suspicions and a group of about six cornered him and killed him just for fun.  I still get pissed off when I see nobles with their NPC guards.  At that time, we had to hire our guards from PCs and walk to school up hill both ways in the snow barefoot.

2) Not as long a time ago, but still tenish years - played a sorc who started at age 15 in the militia and sucked.  Slowly, ever so slowly, he got better but never developed his sorc skills.  Was madly in love with this slave girl of the Templar who was his units leader.  Unfortunately, the girl thought he was useless and never looked at him.  Eventually the templar died and she was set free to work in the Atrium.  He progressed (not his fighting skills too much) and became a sergeant.  The girl had lost her favorite weapons, giving to her by the now well dead templar.  He recovered them for her and brought them to his girl, thus starting the romance.  Not long after at an arena games, the crowd was getting restive because the show was shit.  This fella happened to be near the NPC Templar at the gates who talked him into entering the arena.  Not wanting to be known as a coward, but still having shit fighting skills (after at least ten years in the militia) he was thrown in against a mantis!  Well, it didn't go so well and he was low very quickly.  I think someone boosted his fighting skills because he started coming back.  All he could hear was his love's voice yelling for him.  He almost had the mantis, but was killed near the end.  - what I always wondered...what if I had used that teleport spell?  (teleport at the time was one of the beginning spells and he had tried it only a couple of times, so no guarantee it would have worked and everyone would have know he had sorcerous skills

3) - within the last two years - Psionicist that was in the Tor Scorpions (okay, training to be one) who after being caught by someone and being offered the chance to set up an innocent's character as the psionicist instead and being taken to a different place, decided not to run off into the rinth, not to head off somewhere in the desert, but instead to confess his abilities to a new Tor Noble.  Damn his year in the academy and his not wanting to disappoint his leader.  His death scene at the hands of his leader brought tears to my eyes and he was proud of the choice he made.  But damn, if playing a psionicist isn't fun, don't know what is.

As I think about this more and more, I could come up with twenty.  Like my guild boss who decided to let a giant shoot him.  Finally growing bored of a three year (RL years) merchant of Kurac and leaving the game for two years. My Templar I played before Lawrence of Oash.  So much fun and always putting the word yes?  at the end of his sentences made people shit.  Damn that shapely dancer and the assassin hidden in the shadows.  Recently, still within the last year, every character I played.that is now dead.

Seems a good time to say thanks to the Arm Staff over the years and the tweny years of emotions it can still bring up.  No other game have a played as long.  (Civilization comes close, but not quite as emotional).

I think it's been about a year and she was a short lived nobody.  I had a ranger named Hal which I came up with the name from Han Solo and Malcom Reynolds.  She was a smuggler with incredible stats.  She had a warbow named Baxt.  I actually got to intercept someone's cargo in her short life and get pulled aside for smuggling.  She died to a carru in about five seconds flat to reel lock.  I was not happy.

I played a dude with a ponytail named Zik over a year ago who was a medic. In his life time he treated many injuries, poisons, diseases, and even a couple pregnancies. He joined the Byn and attempted to help fight back the attacks but got burnt so bad almost half his face was ruined. His "mate" Tam was his entire world, and they had a lot of adventures but in the end it just didn't work out. So he joined House Kurac with his best buddy Blasic and became their chief medic. Unfortunately, he entered a dark spider nest and got ate reaaaaaal quick. :-[

Blasic and Zik.

Good times.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Had a sorc named Radia/Mina that was neato that I wish didn't die when/how she did but, I guess around that time the character was becoming a little stagnant anyways.

My first and only warrior guild PC that had one of my best stat rolls ever. I stupidly stored them because I'd grown bored... How awesome they would have been.

I had a neat concept a couple years back, an assassin named Lore who joined Tor. Her background was pretty cool. Then I got scared of stuff that was happening ICly and it was one of those ohmygodcovermyeyesIcan'tlook things that was getting worse and worse so I stored.  

My first d-elf. SHE DID SO MUCH STUFF. *shakes fist into the air* Shaloooooonsh! Why did you approve my storage?! I seriously wish I hadn't of stored her, it would have been neat to play from Pah golden years to end-of-clan.

Moral of the story: Seriously think about it before you decide to store, heck, even take a break. I took a break on a PC for 9 months and when I came back they lived out a pretty cool life.