The Concept/Character You Wish Survived...

Started by Twilight, July 06, 2012, 03:33:07 PM

Most of us probably have one.  The concept that was just starting to get going, the character that was just getting into this fantastic place and then....mantisheadnightynighttimefornewconcept.

The concept I wish had lived to see more of its potential...

I had a mul, that had escaped from Nak twice, the second time from the Arena pens.

When he died, he was working with a human in Storm to kill Nakki spies in Storm.  He was just starting on an attempt to hunt down a couple of gemmed magickers.  He had secretly been contacted by his prior noble (because the way the concept was structured, I actually had gotten to interact with his owning noble, albeit briefly) to do some stuff in return for a specific thing, and was doing that stuff.  He was plotting to betray the noble, take the thing, castrate him and leave him to live out his miserable existance.  And Nakki templars were quietly trying to get assorted minions to hunt him down and kill him.

Then, mantisheadnightynighttimefornewconcept unrelated to any of the above.

I wish I had gotten a little longer to play him.  He was a great angrymeanmadmental mul.  And a nilazi.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Dwarf.  Sorc.  Focus:  To Destroy All Life

Shitsweeper in Allanak.

Died stupidly.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

A Nilazi Mul? That's like...wtfkarma!

I have a recent one, a dwarf, with a focus I was really attached to and probably could have been really cool....but I made some bad choices, got stuck in a rut and stored. Now regretting it, because I worked hard on the concept. Le sigh!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

This may just be me, but if a concept ends prematurely or before it ever really got fleshed out. There's nothing wrong with reincarnating it later on. Now if you had a concept/character that lived out their life and just never managed to finish whatever, then yeah they should stay dead.

I had a dwarf whose focus was to improve the lives of others by selling perfume all throughout the known.

Got gortok'd.  :'(

Quote from: Maso on July 06, 2012, 03:43:36 PM
A Nilazi Mul? That's like...wtfkarma!

I have a recent one, a dwarf, with a focus I was really attached to and probably could have been really cool....but I made some bad choices, got stuck in a rut and stored. Now regretting it, because I worked hard on the concept. Le sigh!

I've played two.

They're a joy and a half.

And, unfortunately, illegal now, from what I understand.

I think it was the fact that he was a nilazi/thug... that... may have been a bit too broken for Staff to deal with.
-Reiloth

A shame.. I think there's definitely a place in Arm for ridiculously over-powered characters from time to time. Keeps people on their toes.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

*cough* Quick *cough*
-Reiloth

Quote from: Maso on July 06, 2012, 03:57:51 PM
A shame.. I think there's definitely a place in Arm for ridiculously over-powered characters from time to time. Keeps people on their toes.

Aren't those what "Focus: be a badass" Dwarfs are?

Samos' illegitimate son.

The minute I go trying to make an Action Hero, what happens?  <whiz> <thwap> <crumple>
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Malifaxis on July 06, 2012, 04:04:19 PM
*cough* Quick *cough*

I'm really interested in the mechanics behind this character.

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 06, 2012, 04:13:02 PM
Quote from: Malifaxis on July 06, 2012, 04:04:19 PM
*cough* Quick *cough*

I'm really interested in the mechanics behind this character.

The word Epic doesn't even scratch the surface of what that PC went through.  It's amazing.
-Reiloth

My mul.

He wasn't a magicker or escaped slave or anything special.  I was just trying to play an exemplary mul.  Even wrote up a rather detailed vnpc bondmate.

Took over a month to special app,  died in a week to a training accident of sorts.

:'(

Tuluki Dwarf Stonecrafter
Focus: Immortalize his mother through the -perfect- stone statue.

Bahamet'd before I knew it even entered the room. I had already started gathering the perfect sapphires for her eyes *tear*

I stored my nilazi after 4h of play.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

My first female character was also my first psionicist PC.  She joined a merchant house as a crafter or aide or something (I don't remember). Her psionic self/personality was sort of submissive/dormant and as she slowly tapped her ability as a psioncist, it slowly grew and would eventually take over.  The only problem is she was sort of a lovey/good type person and I'm not sure how that would have worked out once she'd been scared over and jaded by the world of Zalanthas.

Unfortunately the FCC of Zalanthas found out she was operating without a license and had her rubbed out.  Not to mention as my first Psionicist I made so many mistakes I'm surprised people didn't accuse her of being one much much sooner.

Quote from: Maso on July 06, 2012, 03:43:36 PM

Human for me.  Both were stored but one was due IC Info and other was due to my life eating whole.

Just
Quote from: Akaramu on July 06, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
Way too recent to mention here.  :-\

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

OOC goal To Win in Storm.
My  Nakki born drifter thought there were sids in them thar sands.  She had plans of striking it rich, of selling spice in Tuluk (never within the HighLords gaze though), or whatever else you do to get rich.
Trained up in the Byn so she wouldn't get ate.
She was betrayed by her total ignorance of the local flora.

Concept: half-giant in human form, ugly, angry, belligerent, drunkard

She was just really fun to play.  Every time I logged in I had a blast.  She was literally the stupidest character I've ever played.  This resulted in her always getting roped into some of the most insane stuff.

She only lasted a month and died to a really stupid OOC mistake.  Sigh.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I'm just jealous you have sorcerer karma at all :( I'd play a half-retarded albino midget amputee with scizophrenia and halatosis if It got me a sorcerer role :(

Give me one sorcerer and ten years and I guarantee you, I will have my own city-state or even drive out one or both Highlords.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I wish I hadn't stored my templar.

But my life exploded and I couldn't play Arm for several months :(