Body Count, let the bodies hit the floor

Started by ianmartin, July 16, 2011, 05:20:08 PM

If I was to guess I would say...less then 500, more then 100.

Course, that is spread out over 20 years.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I was waiting for your post X-D.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I have killed maybe ten PCs. Sorry guys. In my defense, I have killed myself over 40 times.
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

5 Pk, but one wasn't my fault. or wait 6.  Npc's who the fuck knows.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

In about 15 years:

Two PCs.

Three mobs.

0 NPCs.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Quote from: Samoa on July 17, 2011, 12:15:09 AM
In about 15 years:

Two PCs.

Three mobs.

0 NPCs.
What's the difference between mobs and NPCs?

*runs off to up her own body count*
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on July 17, 2011, 05:23:44 AM
What's the difference between mobs and NPCs?

*runs off to up her own body count*

I guess 'mobs' would be animal type NPCs, like scrabs, rats, tembo, blah blah.

NPCs, on the other hand, would be humans, elves, breeds, ect.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I've had quite a few pc's get more than 10 or so under their belt. My guess would be somewhere 100-200?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Probably 15-20 pcs. About 7 of those with one character.
No idea how many npcs probably hundreds.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Likely around 50 PC's.

I use to run some pretty aggro characters. Now I'm more interested in facilitating
interaction in an area rather than ending it with a mantis head.

Prolly only ten kills in the last five RL years. Bulk was before that.

Cheers,
HD
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

A big fat fucking zero. Though, I think indirectly and inadvertently I uh, got 2 PCs keeled.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Hm. I'm the kind of players who gets off on murder, but so far... only two that I remember :(. One was a dwarf who was near death anyway, terrible rp on my part and the other was done with the little help of my clanned NPCs. Sorry to you too, though it was an important arm lesson, I think.

I just counted 12 pc deaths with my templar alone, I'm going to raise my number from 20 to at least 50.

I've only ever PKed on Arm once, and it was absolutely ICly necessary (in my character's mind, anyway).  I try to avoid directly killing, and prefer to leave you bleeding out to come back for revenge.  Revenge stories are the -best-.

Umm, indirectly, though ..?  Quite a few, I bet.  Only if necessary.

This is a permadeath game, so griefing is extra nasty.

This thread makes me nervous. I suspect people will start trying to...catch up, emboldened by this thread, in the next few days...
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

I hope not. There seemed to be quite a number of hooded people when I logged in tonight.
I'm GMT+8, 12 hours ahead of EST.

15-20 I directly or with help PK'd, probably. Five of them were probably in one day during an HRPT ("Kill them all."- they failed.)

Probably 25-50 + that I was involved without getting hands dirty.

I have played a lot of militia and a lot of criminals, and on the militia especially body counts rise. I also play a lot of intrigue-y assassins, and the 25-50+ was mostly how many people I helped catch so my bosses could execute and some planning the deaths of rivals with Houses.

Generally it depends on the PC for me. and I generally shy away from giving someone the mantis head.

I've also been ended a few times in intrigue and stuff, and I think those can be some of the most enjoyable deaths, when your rival pulls a fast one on you.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

July 18, 2011, 12:39:16 AM #42 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 12:55:17 AM by Anaiah
As a player...2. Both with the same. PC.
Edit because my blackberry's display was so tiny I didn't see the typos.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

2 PC's... That I can remember might be more. My characters don't start alot of shit
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

I'm not sure, but my PC KDR is definitely higher than 1:1.

Direct Solo? two or three I think.
Direct aided: around 7-10
Ordered Killed, not involved: <10
Accidentally caused :10+

Once I killed my own character and two or three others all at once with the help of a Mul Npc in the rinth..that was fun.

I would hazard to say ten, give or take, with most of those having occurred when I played a templar. Comes with the job description.

I notice that Malifaxis has not posted. he probably swims in their blood.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

In over 10 years of play, I would say less than 40 more than 20.

My brag, I never killed a single person with a magicker. Ever.

I have never killed someone for the lootz. I have been hired to kill folks, been ordered to kill folks, and been angered in game enough to kill folks, had to kill folks in defense and had to kill folks to defend IG friends/allies, but, I have never killed anyone just to get their coins/boots. I have however knocked out/disabled several, stolen their goodies, and left them angry but alive. (So much more interesting than killing them.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on July 18, 2011, 03:40:01 PM

My brag, I never killed a single person with a magicker. Ever.

I was about to say the same but realized it wasn't true. I once killed someone with a magicker. They were another magicker though. I have never killed a mundane character with a magicker.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis