Most interesting death?

Started by Intrepid237, June 06, 2011, 07:50:37 PM

Fuck Quick. Seriously, all I wanted to do was play a rinthi. Quick litterally PK'd 3 of my PCs in a row. Each one was on a successive Friday night. :'( Gayest 3 weeks ever.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Potaje on June 07, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
I'm sitting in a seedy, little, local hood bar, just meet someone to play a friendly little game of Kruth with. Had the best hand ever, coins on the table, when BAM, in walks a Zombie and knocks me clean out of the chair, joined by I don't know what because I was owned, only had long enough to emote, my cards fling into the air. I am going to resubmit the edited version titled "Dead Mans Hand" or "Just because your Dead, don't Mean Ya Not a Homie."

I always remember that...still think about it sometimes.  You just never know.
I'm pretty sure it was your keyword and it was really after the bossman. The zombie was clanned, so you were wiped.  And I assisted the boss, thinking he was hitting on the zombie.  :(

My own most unexpected death, and my first pk'd.  My elderly PC had traveled south to 'nak with her clan to the festivies there.  She was a bit batty anyway and she got a bit stewed up watching her clannies fight in the arena.  There was some stupid half-giant down there shouting "Glory to the Highlord" again and again so my well spoken PC lost it completely.  "F*** the Highlord," she said.  I sat before my screen hoping,hoping her words would be drowned out by battle spam.  But no.
I blamed Natar for teaching her bad language.

Quote from: Reiloth on June 07, 2011, 03:02:37 PM
Probably being electrocuted by Quick

Yeah, only he peed on me first - never've given my consent to anything since that day ;)

June 07, 2011, 03:38:34 PM #28 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:46:48 PM by Morrolan
Still my favorite from back in maybe 2003: With my first Byn Sarge, leading a group of half-trained recruits on a mission for a distraught Kadian corporal(?) who'd just lost his squeeze to tarantulas.  And fighting the whole nest.

I think one of the recruits lived.

Note: half-elves looking for approval from authority figures might not know when to "just say no."

*beep*
Sorry, Akaramu!

or

Trying to pull The Lieutenant from danger with my erstwhile former sarge (not a warrior) while dungeon-diving in the sewers.
*beep*

or

Watching Akasha go down to a couple of NPCs before being two-hitted by some scary half-giant while on quest.
*beep*
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: solera on June 07, 2011, 03:12:19 PM
Quote from: Potaje on June 07, 2011, 02:47:52 PM
I'm sitting in a seedy, little, local hood bar, just meet someone to play a friendly little game of Kruth with. Had the best hand ever, coins on the table, when BAM, in walks a Zombie and knocks me clean out of the chair, joined by I don't know what because I was owned, only had long enough to emote, my cards fling into the air. I am going to resubmit the edited version titled "Dead Mans Hand" or "Just because your Dead, don't Mean Ya Not a Homie."

I always remember that...still think about it sometimes.  You just never know.
I'm pretty sure it was your keyword and it was really after the bossman. The zombie was clanned, so you were wiped.  And I assisted the boss, thinking he was hitting on the zombie.  :(

Pretty sure that was my corpse. Definitely one of my favorite characters, short and sweet. Sorry you got nut-shot by the code, Potaje.  :(

My most interesting death was definitely "taking the easy way out" in the 'Rinth some years ago. I'm going to clean up that log someday and post it, because it was a pretty sweet scene, if somewhat depressing.

My most whiz-bang death was during the HRPT in Allanak, but considering that so many other PCs bought it in a similar fashion, it probably doesn't need to be described in detail.  ;) There were many beeps and then silence... until I lol'd in real life. Really fun event, too bad cleaning up any sort of log of it would be nightmarish.

Quote from: Morrolan on June 07, 2011, 03:38:34 PM
Still my favorite from back in maybe 2003: With my first Byn Sarge, leading a group of half-trained recruits on a mission for a distraught Kadian corporal(?) who's just lost his squeeze to tarantulas.  And fighting the whole nest.

Note: half-elves looking for approval from authority figures might not know when to "just say no."

Sorry, Akaramu!

Note: trusty subordinates planning on retiring should know when "just one more" dangerous contract is one too many! That was -so- 80s cop-movie, man.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: charas on June 07, 2011, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on June 07, 2011, 03:02:37 PM
Probably being electrocuted by Quick

Yeah, only he peed on me first - never've given my consent to anything since that day ;)

I swear he was a krathi. Burnt me alive.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Like seriously who the fuck is Quick.

A notorious badass who caused a lot of ruckus a couple/few years ago.

If it was a few years ago then why doesn't someone elaborate on what he did/what he was/who he was instead of shrouding him in ambiguous reference and complaints?

I was playing a half-elf raider and managed to find a rich fat merchant with a bunch of fancy stuff so I knocked him out and took all of his shit just outside Allanak.  Then every templar and soldier was looking for me.  But I figured 'hey, it happened outside the city, can't get in -that- much trouble' and decided not to run and just talk and play out a scene with a noble and a templar and their goons.  I was offered exile or execution.  So I decided that my character was going to snap and after a life full of hardship and oppression and take control of his own life by committing suicide and even though people would whine about the docs blah blah blah I thought it would be a cool scene and interesting to play out so I did it.  

My pc said 'neither' and pulled out his bastard sword, shoved into his stomach and fell to the ground, clutching the blade and gurgling.

So I typed 'sleep' and wished up what had happened.

Then the noble and templar dragged my sleeping, impaled breed to meleth's circle to torture me.

So I played along and decided to dream through the death experience along with twitching, spasming emotes etc.  I had my mind wrapped up in this 'suicide liberation' kind of idea so I was dreaming all transcendant and peaceful as my body was pulled apart.  Admittedly lame.

Then an imm intervened in my dream with something like 'agonizing pain racks your body - and pierces your dreams'.  So I dreamed falling into blackness and bondage and filth and suffering.  Much more Zalanthan, one point in my arm experience I'm most happy for imm intervention and guidance on.  Good development.

Quote from: MeTekillot on June 07, 2011, 06:13:41 PM
If it was a few years ago then why doesn't someone elaborate on what he did/what he was/who he was instead of shrouding him in ambiguous reference and complaints?

Because it was highly magick-oriented and thus still can't be discussed. Suffice to say that before it got locked, there was a Chuck Norris joke-type thread for Quick. He was that bad ass/scary/whatever.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I got a character beheaded in Sathis's portable gulliteen.
(Spelling?)

I also had a character get kicked to death in the face by a gypsy.  He was a poor spice addict.

I think the most interesting one was a handful of pav (edited) had the order followers kill person.  You can't do that anymore without great risk to yourself.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on June 07, 2011, 03:06:17 PM
Fuck Quick. Seriously, all I wanted to do was play a rinthi. Quick litterally PK'd 3 of my PCs in a row. Each one was on a successive Friday night. :'( Gayest 3 weeks ever.
Heh, wish there was a high profile badass running about now. Oh boy, I do love that feeling if knowing that a PC you're interacting with could easily kill you if they wished to do so. Which is when you begin ICly sucking up to some one so not to get killed.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

The last high profile badass in recent memory was so badass and high profile that when he died, he pretty much took his tribe with him. It wasn't that long ago... I'm sure someone will twink up step up to fill his proverbial shoes soon!

When I first started playing ARM, I think - one of the first GDB posts I ever saw - consisted of, "I wonder what happened to Quick. Bet they finally killed him off with a nuclear strike."
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

June 07, 2011, 11:46:28 PM #40 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:48:11 PM by Sokotra
Hard to think of the deaths over the years...

One would have to be waaay back when I played Slaahd, this dwarf Kohmar Sergeant of the Guard... had a feud going with Kadius, fought them off when they broke into our compound with a bunch of men.  I think even Medichi and/or Radoon was with them... been too long, can't remember for sure.  So we fought them off but a few weeks or months later Medichi paid 10,000 'sid to Trevelli (a very skilled assassin back then) to assassinate me.  Heh... got locked in a room with a bunch of people, some who I thought were allies.  10k 'sid must have changed some minds.  I think I got backstabbed, lived, and beat down by the rest to get finished off... good times.

Back in 2008, there was a mission with some gemmers and the AoD to a secret Nilazi lair (I do not believe it was a sorcerer), for some reason or another. This was only my fourth PC, and I was very much a n00b. I didn't get to know things like why we went where we did, or if I was told promptly forgot. Anyway, the Nilazi tossed around it's special minions at us, and we avoided them. Samos (then a red robe) attempted to negotiate with it (I forget to what ends), but the Tor Templar (I think his name was Naremis) freaked out when a minion got his robe dirty. This lead to all-out fighting and although we retreated to the city, strange things to occur there as well. My Private ended up following the Tor Templar back into the lair, and died there. I think following him back was actually optional, but I don't know if I caught onto that at the time. With our deaths, the strange things happening in the city stopped. That was a 45 days played PC, and my longest lived for a good while.

In 2009 I had a nobody PC who really liked mounts and mount care. He was young, and wanted to join the byn, but was refused because he was only 13. So instead he joined Kadius as a hunter, and would get paid (if he lived that long, I can't recall if he did). He got transferred to the north and had some fun times sort of flirting with/teasing and bothering a Tuluki crafter. He did nothing really of note, and his worse thing was to tell a southern templar a few of the names of some northern nobles. He also did something or other for a northern noble, but I can't remember what. Anyway, a northern templar was staring at him and I think wanted him to come with her, and he freaked out. He was 13, this was a strange city, and Templars are scary. Especially northern ones. So he Wayed his boss, who told him to run to the Kadian estate. He was lured out by promises that people would stay with him and that the Templar would only talk to him. The people didn't stay with him. He was tortured in special Lirathuan ways before his death, which was done solely to piss off his Kadian boss in the south. He was around 12 days played.

Also in 2009 I had some nobody rinthi PC who was all of 3 days, 1 hours played when he died. He fell down the well or I wanted to explore the sewers, I forget which. Anyway, my torch was low and burnt out. I was completely and hopelessly lost in the dark, in the sewers. It looked like I might have to starve to death. I didn't really like the PC anyway. So I wished up, and asked for an immortal to kill me. I don't have the log, but it was epic. My PC finds a glow crystal in the filth, and he's excited and I'm OOCly excited. Maybe he won't die after all. He leans down to pick it up, and only then does he notice the slimy tentacle curled around it. The tentacle latches around his hand and yanks him right into the maw of a waiting silt horror! I believe I sent in a staff kudos for that one.

I'm sure there are a couple others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on June 07, 2011, 11:46:44 PM
Back in 2008, there was a mission with some gemmers and the AoD to a secret Nilazi lair (I do not believe it was a sorcerer), for some reason or another. This was only my fourth PC, and I was very much a n00b. I didn't get to know things like why we went where we did, or if I was told promptly forgot. Anyway, the Nilazi tossed around it's special minions at us, and we avoided them. Samos (then a red robe) attempted to negotiate with it (I forget to what ends), but the Tor Templar (I think his name was Naremis) freaked out when a minion got his robe dirty. This lead to all-out fighting and although we retreated to the city, strange things to occur there as well. My Private ended up following the Tor Templar back into the lair, and died there. I think following him back was actually optional, but I don't know if I caught onto that at the time. With our deaths, the strange things happening in the city stopped. That was a 45 days played PC, and my longest lived for a good while.

I was playing one of those gemmers on that trip, a total noob. Those were good times. The thing I remember most about it though is all this screen scroll, and then very clearly Samos saying "Fuck you Naremis!" I had myself a hearty lol.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

my characters don't get in enough trouble for truly interesting deaths inside cities (the rinth is not, in my mind, part of a city in any way, but its own insane, twisted, starving world), and i can avoid wilderness death that isn't my own fault, so i usually end up storing now. or dying because some guide refused to let us rest until we hit 20 walk and something came after us. man, i need to get into trouble sometimes.

Taven, that death sounds awesome
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Morrolan on June 07, 2011, 03:38:34 PM
Still my favorite from back in maybe 2003: With my first Byn Sarge, leading a group of half-trained recruits on a mission for a distraught Kadian corporal(?) who'd just lost his squeeze to tarantulas.  And fighting the whole nest.

*beep*
Sorry, Akaramu!

or

Trying to pull The Lieutenant from danger with my erstwhile former sarge (not a warrior) while dungeon-diving in the sewers.
*beep*

or

Watching Akasha go down to a couple of NPCs before being two-hitted by some scary half-giant while on quest.
*beep*

Why do I feel lik eI was one of the recruits who died in a subsequent rescue attempt?

Oh, yeah, I remember one itneresting death I can say. About a year and two months ago, Grinzul (a weird halfbreed char of mine) was sent with a crew to rescue a mass of dead Bynners. Or recover their mounts. And... I got triple ganked by spiders that kept reeling me. Hooray for suicide charges.

A ranger with about 3 hours played who ran out of stamina in the thornlands in the process of being rundown by a bahamet. She managed to hit it solidly multiple times, and got 3 rounds in with that and the cilops she was running from, after she got too tired to run more. Less interesting and more just bragworthy, considering how mushy new pcs are in combat.

A staff assisted suicide a couple months into play after discussing with the current rule of the roost Kuraci agent why my pc was hauling a dead body around Luir's for days and sobbing like a child.

Transcending my body.

A manifesting magicker pc being hunted down and cut up by a barber in his apartment.

There's more, but they're too telling.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Quote from: Anaiah on June 08, 2011, 07:10:42 AM
A ranger with about 3 hours played who ran out of stamina in the thornlands in the process of being rundown by a bahamet. She managed to hit it solidly multiple times, and got 3 rounds in with that and the cilops she was running from, after she got too tired to run more. Less interesting and more just bragworthy, considering how mushy new pcs are in combat.

A staff assisted suicide a couple months into play after discussing with the current rule of the roost Kuraci agent why my pc was hauling a dead body around Luir's for days and sobbing like a child.

Transcending my body.

A manifesting magicker pc being hunted down and cut up by a barber in his apartment.

There's more, but they're too telling.

Bruh?

I wish I had an interesting death. It's kind of a toss up between being arrowed down by a PC and drowning in Silt. I guess the arrows were the best.
Alea iacta est