Most interesting death?

Started by Intrepid237, June 06, 2011, 07:50:37 PM

Basically, what was your most interesting death? Nothing within the last RL year of course. And nothing about a current character that was involved. Just don't break the OOC rules.

For most players, it would still reveal IC secrets.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Down in the sewers, an epic face-off between opposing forces.  My PC was taking money from both sides.  Combat hadn't begun yet, so I was deliberating as to which one I'd end up fighting for.  On the templar side:  a furry with a cat's tail.  My decision was made.  Then a templar one-hit KO'ed me with a giant hammer.  :'(
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Elemental battle royal in a [censored] [censored] none of us being from the [censored] in question. With the situation as it was, the only way someone could leave was last man standing. After multiple hours of battle. (truth) I had to go to sleep for work so my PC through in the towel. Wasn't the coolest death, but coolest situation.

Coolest death ever was still too recent unfortunately.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I got eaten by a giant space turkey, then right after Tek killed it for the black robe Thanksgiving feast and I was eaten again.  True story.

All my most interesting deaths happened in places too ooc to talk about, or just don't exist anymore. 

I will send you a few lines of an old sad story though.

It was a hot and blustery day out in "the middle of nowhere"
A one on one battle had begun between myself and "Mr. Nasty"
Let's just say that Mr. Nasty's sting packs a large dose of -your done for-
Then Mr Nasty dragged me back to it's lair and dropped me in a room full of skeletons, random items scattered all over the place, animal corpses, and a few of Mr Nasty's larva, squirming about helplessly. 
I think that one might have been the hardest to watch go down. 
Paralyzed from the eyes down, and let me tell you... those fucking things eat -very- slowly.
Sad memories. :'(
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I hate to bust on your story, but I'm pretty sure that's happened to everyone;)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Around %100 of my deaths, in order of occurrence, go as follows:

1) NPC encounters.
2) order all kill qzzrbl Often over minor offenses that can easily be reconciled, or with large amounts of ignored coins being presented and given, or, in an instant or two, because my character legitimately deserved it.
3) PK'd by other characters my PC had never met for no real discernible reason. No enemies to hire them, not carrying anything expensive.

Transcended my body.
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

ran away from Tuluk the night of the HRPT, severely freaked out by the water. died of dehydration in the darkness. probably would have died anyway, but i was at least smart.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 07, 2011, 12:40:23 AM

1) NPC encounters.
2) order all kill qzzrbl Often over minor offenses that can easily be reconciled, or with large amounts of ignored coins being presented and given, or, in an instant or two, because my character legitimately deserved it.
3) PK'd by other characters my PC had never met for no real discernible reason. No enemies to hire them, not carrying anything expensive.

You had a death that was about a year ago +/- 2 weeks that was interesting.. I know bc I found the aftermath. Hint. Salarr. Check to see if its been a year. Always wondered what that was.
Czar of City Elves.

Eating a poisoned steak I found on the road, getting paralyzed, found by some noble lady that passes out, getting blamed for that and accused of being a mindworm, then getting dragged through 'naks streets by one of her lackeys and getting slaughtered in an alley, still paralyzed. This was very slow, too and happened a very long time ago.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Synthesis on June 06, 2011, 08:07:15 PM
On the templar side:  a furry with a cat's tail.  My decision was made.

Lol

Quote from: Mr.B on June 07, 2011, 01:36:38 AM
Transcended my body.

Duuuuude.

I guess for me, it was back when you could still go to (blank) and I went there looking for (blank) IC, but hoping to find (blank) because I knew they were there, and instead, I found (blank) which was handing out griefs like a mofo.  Three hit mantishead.

Also, that one time that (blank) took me to (blank) with a (blank) and I got OOCly confused and ended up stuck, tried to eat my kank, and starved to death.  Epic fail, even though I got a kudos by way of apologizing for a coded mistake.  Also got to see one of the coolest things on the game, evar.

Yeah, those are all many years old from when I used to play before, but blanked out because it's sensitive shit, yo.

Quote from: Dakota on June 07, 2011, 05:51:51 AM

1) NPC encounters.

You had a death that was about a year ago +/- 2 weeks that was interesting.. I know bc I found the aftermath. Hint. Salarr. Check to see if its been a year. Always wondered what that was.

Two months to go before I can go into detail. ;)

Killed by an upstart rival in the clan. Don't go for a walk with someone you hate and who hates you.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 07, 2011, 09:46:40 AM
Quote from: Dakota on June 07, 2011, 05:51:51 AM

1) NPC encounters.

Two months to go before I can go into detail. ;)

Heh. See. Was interesting. I'll ask you in two months.
Czar of City Elves.

All of my character deaths were either unremarkable, or I can't go into detail about them. :(

I've only died to NPCs once in the last approximately 6 years, though. That's got to count for something.

Most of my own character death's are pretty tame and "normal" (as normal as a death can get, in ARM).

For the most part, I tend to learn of the interesting death's of others.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: perfecto on June 06, 2011, 11:47:58 PM
All my most interesting deaths happened in places too ooc to talk about, or just don't exist anymore. 

I will send you a few lines of an old sad story though.

It was a hot and blustery day out in "the middle of nowhere"
A one on one battle had begun between myself and "Mr. Nasty"
Let's just say that Mr. Nasty's sting packs a large dose of -your done for-
Then Mr Nasty dragged me back to it's lair and dropped me in a room full of skeletons, random items scattered all over the place, animal corpses, and a few of Mr Nasty's larva, squirming about helplessly. 
I think that one might have been the hardest to watch go down. 
Paralyzed from the eyes down, and let me tell you... those fucking things eat -very- slowly.
Sad memories. :'(

Possibly related.

Late night byn troop went into the dangerzone to kill some [blank] and we eventually killed [blank]. We couldn't escape and our group was eventually worn out and subdued by the nasties still alive. But since we killed the [blank] earlier, the script was broken and they just kept us subdued for another hour while we tried to escape.  I was just seconds away from getting some outside help but I couldn't warn the boss man not to make a run for it because of a certain condition the nasties place on you.

Eventually an Imm logged on and put us out of our misery. <3
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

My most interesting death was discovering that kryl can spam-acid just as much as carru can spam-bash

June 07, 2011, 02:47:52 PM #20 Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:49:48 PM by Potaje
 I'm sitting in a seedy, little, local hood bar, just meet someone to play a friendly little game of Kruth with. Had the best hand ever, coins on the table, when BAM, in walks a Zombie and knocks me clean out of the chair, joined by I don't know what because I was owned, only had long enough to emote, my cards fling into the air. I am going to resubmit the edited version titled "Dead Mans Hand" or "Just because your Dead, don't Mean Ya Not a Homie."
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Executed for treason.  Twice.  Not with the same character, though.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Hm.. So many..

Okay, one of the best ones occurred around the time of the Thralls.
I had a brand new PC, less than half an hour old. For whatever reason, I found myself upstairs in the Traders. I saw a bag sitting on the ground, so I made an emote of subtly grabbing it. Well, it was being half-lifted by an NPC guard of someone who'd logged out, so when I tried to slink off with the bag... the guard followed me. Right through the Traders. So, I'm out front making some emotes of trying to be inconspicuous with this NPC guard following me around, and of course the whole scene just stinks of "somethings up."

So, a Templar intervenes. I drop the bag, he picks it up and looks into it and it's full of (censored). So, (censored) isn't a rare thing at all, but it was a bit uncanny to find a bag full of it. He drags me off to the jail, and starts questioning me about (extremely censored) and my PC is like begging and saying "I have no idea what you're talking about!" but the Templar was so convinced that a thrall would be wandering around with a bag of (censored) that he killed me... and I respawned naked by Theyaks...

A minute later:
A templar psis
  "OOC: Lol! I was SO convinced you were a dragonthrall, sorry! So... if I see you again, I'll pretend you're a different character now. kthxbai!"
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

PC killed by tarantulas while carrying his dead mate, who was killed by tarantulas only moments before.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Probably being electrocuted by Quick, back when he was an Elkrosian.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~