What's with all of you and Mudsex?

Started by Zerero, April 21, 2011, 05:43:28 PM

Quote from: Zoltan on April 27, 2011, 10:31:41 AMOh, a practice I really like for when my characters are in a "serious" regular relationship is to just do a quick OOC with the other player to see if it's acceptable to assume that a lot of the day-to-day, relationship-maintaining boning happens off screen. This is especially useful for when I have a PC that actually needs to Get Shit Done.

A thousand times this.

I'd like to add the situation I posted about earlier clearly violated rules of consent.

I think the rules in place work nicely and I doubt anyone is asking to expand them, or for you to ask consent for things not covered by the rules.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

I really, really want to kank this one person Ig and they want the same thing. I'm quakerish so I feel weird about it, even though there's still no way i'm saying yes.

Let's kill this thread and make one about the positive, nonlegal aspects of mudsex please.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Why not just 'derail' this topic?  It's not like there was a whole lot of topic to derail in the OP  ;)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Cindy42 on April 27, 2011, 05:44:34 PM
Let's kill this thread and make one about the positive, nonlegal aspects of mudsex please.

Just keep it to this thread.  My massive derail is over.

Massive derail. Snicker, snicker.

</derail>

I don't do it, personally.

I do think relationships are interesting part of the gameworld, that said, I tend to stay out of those, too.

I don't have a problem with people doing it, but I think if that's their goal with the game, its not great. Sometimes you can just tell the PCs who are here for sex.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Are we speaking about mudsex still.. well if there was anyone that knows about sex and murder its....

But I like to say "No", know the no.. just call me "Dr. No"

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on April 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
Are we speaking about mudsex still.. well if there was anyone that knows about sex and murder its....

But I like to say "No", know the no.. just call me "Dr. No"

Someone needs to create a James Bond character. Perhaps a lesbian one. Assassin/thug, or whatever, hired to make mantis heads appear on computer screens. Mudsexes like crazy, without singular commitment, and carries a couple of neat gadgets around, and uses a fake name.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Damn. I can get mudsex done in less than 10 minutes. WTF are you people doing?!?!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Ah, so you've been playing in Allanak.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Ocotillo on April 28, 2011, 08:53:54 PM
Ah, so you've been playing in Allanak.

It helps when you don't have to worry about being so subtle doing it.  :D

couldn't help it
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

I've done 10 minutes in Tuluk. Swear it. ;)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on April 28, 2011, 09:04:41 PM
I've done 10 minutes in Tuluk. Swear it. ;)

Yes you did.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Cindy42 on April 28, 2011, 06:07:16 PM
Someone needs to create a James Bond character. Perhaps a lesbian one. Assassin/thug, or whatever, hired to make mantis heads appear on computer screens. Mudsexes like crazy, without singular commitment, and carries a couple of neat gadgets around, and uses a fake name.

Eh, it's been done a lot. My sneaky types are often 'thug', 'rebel/raider', 'hobo', 'assassin geisha/james bond'.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Booya on April 27, 2011, 10:37:26 AM
Quote from: valeria on April 27, 2011, 10:17:35 AM
But it does amuse me that we're way more concerned with the sexual content near-adults might see, and way less worried about the violent content.  It always does.

This always has me scratching my head, each time these tpics crop up.

And i'm sorry, i'm not going ask for consent each time my character says "fuck", or send in a player complaint because someone emoted staring at my character's boobies without asking OOC first!

If you're likely to get offended by things not covered in the consent rule, you have to ask yourself what you're doing playing a game that clearly states it's adult, violent, and where sexual promiscuity is the norm.  

Edit for better clarity.

This + most the players are american (not trying to pick a fight or derail but certain things are more sensitive there than in other places - and vice versa). I've great ftb's and am not too prude or pretentious to say I've had a handful of scenes where we didn't ftb totally driven by character and RP.

Frankly I think ppl make way too much a big deal in this. It it works for you and your character (and have the time), then do it. If not, don't. They're consent rules and we know how that works. It's as simple as that.
Czar of City Elves.

Yo, guys: I respect you all, and I'mma let you finish, but MeTekillot has the greatest mudsex log of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Quote from: Saellyn on May 14, 2011, 09:38:38 AM
Yo, guys: I respect you all, and I'mma let you finish, but MeTekillot has the greatest mudsex log of all time. OF ALL TIME!

I dunno. I used the word 'spiderwebbing' once. That was pretty good.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I started playing this game when I was fourteen years old, but that's cool because in Ontario, Canada the age of consent is fourteen - so no harm done!

Quote from: Shepard on May 14, 2011, 11:30:41 PM
I started playing this game when I was fourteen years old, but that's cool because in Ontario, Canada the age of consent is fourteen - so no harm done!

<.< And in the U.S., I still get in trouble for it with you.

Let's not get back to that issue, please.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on May 15, 2011, 05:06:23 AM
Let's not get back to that issue, please.

*starts to reach for his soapbox, and then sighs, shaking his head*

Quote from: Samoa on May 14, 2011, 11:21:43 PM
Quote from: Saellyn on May 14, 2011, 09:38:38 AM

I dunno. I used the word 'spiderwebbing' once. That was pretty good.

I make use of the words 'lewd claps', 'gangly', 'missing', 'abrupt' and 'flushing' a lot.

I'm so disturbed.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

face flushing with embarassment, rather