Mudsex: Epic Fail/Win

Started by bartenderer, November 06, 2010, 03:45:37 AM

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on November 07, 2010, 07:35:11 AM
We did an entire scene in metaphor once..

or twice.

Logs or it didn't happen.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Marshmellow on November 07, 2010, 09:02:00 AM
Akaramu, don't tell me what to believe or not.  I played a character once that I mudsexxed with for a good reason once, and the second time the same two characters had sex I asked for fade.  The person on the other end?  Didn't have anything to do with my character again.  Tell me, do you honestly think the person on the other end wasn't in it for the playing mudsex for some sort of thrill?

Yes, I think so, because there could easily have been dozens of legitimate and perfectly IC reasons to avoid your character afterwards, Zalanthas isn't realistically a world of long, lasting, and monogamic relationships. The fade / breakup could very easily have been a coincidence. My characters, over time, have dumped other characters countless times after one or two sessions of sex, faded or not, for reasons that were not mudsex related at all. Assume innocent intentions unless you absolutely have solid proof stating otherwise - which, as a player, you will never have.

Yeah. I can get bored with mudsexxing too, but I don't think it's pathetic. There's at least one sex scene in y'know, regular novels. There's nothing pathetic or sad about it, I really don't think; there is a lot more you can gain from your character emoting and you experiencing the scene, most times, than FTB. You don't have to emote each twitchy action, you can gloss over the gore. I just don't appreciate people calling others sad or pathetic because they might have a PC prone to such things every once in a while. Lord. :P

That's not to say I've experienced sex scenes I don't wanna forget. But I think that goes to say about any kind of scene in an RP game. :P
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

My favorite mudsex fail moment was more of a lack of mudsex moment.  Characters are (unexpectedly) getting hot and heavy.  Just as things are starting to happen, the guy asks if she's on the mix.  Normally being more interested in girls, the character goes "uh, no."  Insert frantic half-clothed run through several rooms, some of them public, in an increasingly frustrated search for a packet of mul mix.

Proportionately, if I count instances, I fade more than I mudsex.  But there are times it really makes a lot more sense to the scene to go through with it and see how the characters would play off each other, or to see if something crazy is going to happen.  Since I know I personally don't get anything out of mudsex in a sexual sense, I tend to give the other person the benefit of the doubt as well, in assuming they are more interested in the scene and the development of the interpersonal relationship and difficulties there than in the sex emotes.  And even if they are, I don't really care, unless or until the emotes slow down annoyingly (which happens RARELY).  Even then the annoyance is mostly because they are wasting my time.  I tend to mind my own business and let other people mind theirs.

If mudsexing makes you uncomfortable then by all means don't do it.  But if you're basing your discomfort on the assumption that the person on the other end is getting off on it... I'd be willing to be that you're wrong more often than not.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Mudsex kind of is weird. Not in general but for me specifically since if I indulge, I tend to lose interest in it and sort of go surfing the internets. This invariably leads me to forget I'm supposed to toss out an emote of thrusting or heaving or groaning, because I'm too busy reading about vagina dentata on Wikipedia, or possibly looking up pictures of kittens. Then I get all paranoid because I think that a person may think the exaggerated pause is because I am running off to fetch a paper towel or a handy sock or what-have you. Then I feel compelled to explain myself. Or have to break in the middle with: ooc I need to go AFK for a couple minutes because I'm starving and red mudsexer needs food badly. Or ooc Sorry for the delayed response. I was just looking up the lyrics to Purple Haze.

So, it's just a lot easier for my harried self-consciousness to simply FTB.

But rest assured, if my char dumps yours after a night of hot hot virtual frolicking, it isn't because you haven't satisfied me as a player.

I tend to reference soulful bari-sax solos or heartfelt string ensemble swells when I fade. Fail or Win?

I usually don't mind playing it out, and I tend to leave the decision in the hands of the other player. That is, unless sex is a regular occurrence between mates or something similar, then I prefer to reach an OOC understanding that "hey, our characters intimately maintain their relationship virtually." Otherwise, it's nice to have the chance to get caught by interested parties, or play out how they feel about certain things. Believe it or not, guys, sex can be emotional!

But how about a list? The internet loves lists, right? So here's Zoltan's Official Mudsex Fail/Win list, 2010 Edition!

1. I don't diddle myself during mudsex, but I've had some shaaaamefully graphic sessions. Uh, I'm sure that goes for many.  :-[

2. I learned how =/+ works from a helpful player during a bit of mudsex. I recently enthused to Valeria that I actually managed to use the symbol outside of an intimate encounter! Where's my karma?

3. I sent a kudos for someone's mudsex. You had to be there to understand.

4. I had a character who masturbated once to experiment with a certain spell. He was an... active young man. My poor clan staffers.  :-\

5. I pulled a prank through an emote, referencing something hard at my waist banging against something, and then revealing it to be my sword's hilt. Durrrrr.

6. em viciously sexes %ladyfriend  on the waist, doing frightening pleasure!

7. My last Byn leader PC did a shameful amount of business over the Way while getting it on. It got me on a noble's bad side once.

8. I sometimes purposefully turn ultra-melodramatic and romance novel-esque with my mudsexin' emotes. What's another word for "engorged?"

Ever since that masturbating magicker I mentioned at number four, I've downplayed all my characters' sexuality considerably. It's like everything else, if you over-play it you need to give it a break sometime! Or your palms will turn hairy or something. Anyway, fear not lads and lasses of the Arm community, someday Zoltan may return to ravish your fortunate PCs with his large, throbbing three line emotes and pounding, rhythmic response times.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on November 07, 2010, 02:46:20 PM
4. I had a character who masturbated once to experiment with a certain spell. He was an... active young man. My poor clan staffers.  :-\

That was an awesome PC.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Tried to mudsexx in polymeter once.

It's up to you if that's a win or fail.

8. I sometimes purposefully turn ultra-melodramatic and romance novel-esque with my mudsexin' emotes. What's another word for "engorged?"

Tumid. It was on my dictionary.com flashcard list last night.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

I had a slave masturbate in the Red Officers' Barracks at the Tor Academy. An imm animated disgusted officers once or twice before the Warlord was informed. It even made it into my account notes. /brag
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I tend to reference soulful bari-sax solos or heartfelt string ensemble swells when I fade. Fail or Win?

I usually don't mind playing it out, and I tend to leave the decision in the hands of the other player. That is, unless sex is a regular occurrence between mates or something similar, then I prefer to reach an OOC understanding that "hey, our characters intimately maintain their relationship virtually." Otherwise, it's nice to have the chance to get caught by interested parties, or play out how they feel about certain things. Believe it or not, guys, sex can be emotional!

But how about a list? The internet loves lists, right? So here's Zoltan's Official Mudsex Fail/Win list, 2010 Edition!

1. I don't diddle myself during mudsex, but I've had some shaaaamefully graphic sessions. Uh, I'm sure that goes for many.  :-[

2. I learned how =/+ works from a helpful player during a bit of mudsex. I recently enthused to Valeria that I actually managed to use the symbol outside of an intimate encounter! Where's my karma?

3. I sent a kudos for someone's mudsex. You had to be there to understand.

5. I pulled a prank through an emote, referencing something hard at my waist banging against something, and then revealing it to be my sword's hilt. Durrrrr.

6. em viciously sexes %ladyfriend  on the waist, doing frightening pleasure!
7. My last Byn leader PC did a shameful amount of business over the Way while getting it on. It got me on a noble's bad side once.

Ever since that masturbating magicker I mentioned at number four, I've downplayed all my characters' sexuality considerably. It's like everything else, if you over-play it you need to give it a break sometime! Or your palms will turn hairy or something. Anyway, fear not lads and lasses of the Arm community, someday Zoltan may return to ravish your fortunate PCs with his large, throbbing three line emotes and pounding, rhythmic response times.

I lol'd.  :D
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Is Friday on November 07, 2010, 03:50:50 PM

I had a slave masturbate in the Red Officers' Barracks at the Tor Academy. An imm animated disgusted officers once or twice before the Warlord was informed. It even made it into my account notes. /brag

Your mud-sturbation is never safe.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

7. My last Byn leader PC did a shameful amount of business over the Way while getting it on.
Guilty.  ::)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on November 07, 2010, 03:03:41 PM

That was an awesome PC.

That was a pretty rockin' crew. *tip of the hat*
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

My favorite past PC attempted to carry on a psionic conversation about his future with Great Lord Rennik whilst distracted by another noble.

At least that was a high-vocabulary relationship.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

With my male dwarf, and a female dwarf. I will paraphrase.

Heavy petting in the bushes etc etc...

Me OOC: Should we...

The other PC: Yeah we should.

The other PC begins to unbuckle her belt and push her pants down.

Me OOC: Wait, I meant fade, did you?

The other PC: Um, yeah, sure, thats what I meant. Heh.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Love this thread.

Epic fail: In a threesome with two characters with the same keyword in their desc.  Used the keyword instead of the name in a % and <censored> the wrong person's <censored>.

Epic win: Premature ejaculation.  Cost my char a job, a best friend and eventually his life. 

On whether or not to, every character I've created has been influenced by sex, just like every person I've ever met.  Some were horrified at even the thought, others ambivalent, some were aggressive sexual predators, some violent, brutal and dominant, others submissive and easily abused, some deeply romantic and clingy and others dismissive once finished.

I believe that each and every encounter develops the character of my PCs in some way, whether it be a raid, someone trying to steal some coins from his pack, a run in with a templar or a freaky, hanging from the ceiling sex scene.

Was it good, was it bad, does one suddenly become clingy and the other more distant, is there chemistry, did it leave a mark, how does it change him/her, how does it change his/her relationships with others, is there a jealous ex-lover?
The mottled, tattooed half-elf stops using his dusty long-legged brown cricket.

Think Poor cricket...

Years ago, my guilder ran into Mansa's Kadian in the Barrel (now Red's for the kids.) He's piss-on-yourself drunk and spiced. And my pc is a drinker too.
So, we being the debaunched dirtbags we were decided to get it on on the couches. And another pc shows up. They decide to have sex with us too.

Now my pc is debaunched, but I am fairly responsible and I'm assuming we're all going to fade, because it's hard to get consent from anyone logging in and out, even if we wanted to act it out.

This leads to a five minute ooc explanation about why we're not going to act it out or find a more private spot.

Sometimes even my ftb are a fail.

Oh and then someone coded in echoes to discourage the use of said couches for the above purpose.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Oh! And Mansa posted on the GDB he'd just had the worst mudsex ever!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

November 07, 2010, 09:46:06 PM #45 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:05:43 PM by Kismetic
Edited to avoid potential IC conflict.  MUDsex is funny.

I'm glad other people have hilarious mudsex scenes. Zalanthian minute men. Eheh.
There is only one boog.

These days I try to opt for the fade or the "virtual relationship". I will admit to wild and crazy mudsex with wild and crazy pc's. But I've decided to tone it back just for personal maturity reasons.

Secondly, I've run into some pretty disgusting characters that did some pretty disgusting things. (some even animated by imms!) As much as I was personally disgusted, I don't find myself in any position to judge the players involved for it.

Mudsex epic fail: falling asleep at the keyboard, mid session.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on November 08, 2010, 12:59:28 AM

Sex is the leading cause of starvation on Zalanthas.

November 08, 2010, 03:36:19 AM #49 Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:50:48 AM by perfecto
Quote from: Thorg on November 08, 2010, 02:25:54 AM
Quote from: Jingo on November 08, 2010, 12:59:28 AM

Sex is the leading cause of starvation on Zalanthas.

Salty water is the leading cause of dehydration... oh wait.. same thing.

I might add.. this thread has only been open for two days and it's hit almost 700 times.. with almost 50 responces.. oh and a few months back there was a poll on what the most common reason for renting an appartment was.. MUDSEX won..

So don't act like you don't know.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.