April Fools...Skills..LOL

Started by Krath, April 01, 2010, 11:03:50 AM

This is like..what I was posting about somewhere..minutes ago!

It's also sad to see just exactly HOW bad I suck at some things I thought I was fair-to-middling at, heh. But fun.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Wow, now that's educational. Some make me go  'eh?', that's for sure.

April 02, 2010, 10:41:17 AM #27 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:45:34 AM by Salt Merchant
Interesting to actually see them.

None of these are a surprise, really. They all reflect how much they've been used and a guild's basic handicaps.

I'd love to see offense and defense listed now. Also, I'd like to see ()'s replaced with []'s (doesn't matter much, just aesthetics).
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on April 02, 2010, 10:41:17 AM
I'd love to see offense and defense listed now.

nope
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Wow. This is a very, very nice addition, Tiernan. Thank you immensely.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

This is awesome. It's going to make me type skills even more obsessively than before.
I ruin immershunz.

Wowza.
I think I'm going to like this a little too much.

my heart is full of joy
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

So, quick summary of these new values:

Range goes from:

Novice
Apprentice
Journeyman
Advanced
Master

These, like attributes, are relative according to each character's guild maximums and minimums.  A merchant/hunter with (Master) in archery might be the equivalent of a Ranger with (Apprentice) in archery.

Now obviously I don't know the actual values between the two guilds and subguilds, but I think it's a good call to make the skill level indications relative to our character's perspective.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on April 02, 2010, 12:21:21 PM
A merchant/hunter with (Master) in archery might be the equivalent of a Ranger with (Apprentice) in archery.

No.

It's not normalized.

A merchant/hunter with Archery will never be a (Master).
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

And just to confirm, since we apparently weren't clear enough in ATS, Mansa is correct, it is NOT normalized by guild.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

So subguild versions likely max at journeyman while main guild can go all the way up to master? Something along those lines it sounds like? It's interesting to see.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

April 02, 2010, 01:19:52 PM #39 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:00:52 PM by Pale Horse
Quote from: Morgenes on April 02, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
And just to confirm, since we apparently weren't clear enough in ATS, Mansa is correct, it is NOT normalized by guild.
Quote from: jhunter on April 02, 2010, 01:17:52 PM
So subguild versions likely max at journeyman while main guild can go all the way up to master? Something along those lines it sounds like? It's interesting to see.

Are we sure about this?  If so, that is odd since I have a character who is [Edited] in their subguild craft.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Is it also a class skill though? If so then it makes sense from what I'm hearing, if not then there is likely a problem.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Heh, Staff already said it is based on max possible, not max possible for guild.

Sheesh.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: jhunter on April 02, 2010, 01:22:51 PM
Is it also a class skill though? If so then it makes sense from what I'm hearing, if not then there is likely a problem.

It is not a class skill, no.

Quote from: X-D on April 02, 2010, 01:24:24 PM
Heh, Staff already said it is based on max possible, not max possible for guild.

Sheesh.

I am disappointed, then.  Still a cool addition, but my preference would have been to "keep some of the magick" with basing it off of potential.

Ah, well.  I still love the change.

April 02, 2010, 01:46:26 PM #43 Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:48:14 PM by MarshallDFX
Whoah.  Double frigging blind.

I'm trippin' balls.  Not sure if I like or dislike.

I like it overall, I think. It makes some sense.
The level names seem suspiciously similar to Oblivion's mastery level names...

Not that that's a bad thing.

Whoah....

I'm very surprised at where my skills are at.

Quote from: Cutthroat on April 02, 2010, 01:51:27 PM
I like it overall, I think. It makes some sense.
The level names seem suspiciously similar to Oblivion's mastery level names...

Not that that's a bad thing.

FWIW, we had 4 originially, all but 'advanced'.  I suggested we add the fifth and 'advanced'.  Tiernan and Nyr came up with the other 4.

Quote from: Pale Horse on April 02, 2010, 01:19:52 PM
Are we sure about this?  If so, that is odd since I have a character who is a Master in their subguild craft.

If you have a specific question about your character and their skills please submit a request to have it reviewed and express your specific concern.  Do NOT discuss it here.  Thanks.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 02, 2010, 01:58:08 PM
If you have a specific question about your character and their skills please submit a request to have it reviewed and express your specific concern.  Do NOT discuss it here.  Thanks.

Will do.  I was surprised, and will edit my posting.

I . . . I'm so conflicted.  I love this.  I don't love this.   It makes me so happy.  . . but it feels so, so . . dirty.   

So this... this wasn't a joke?