List and Availability

Started by Semper, February 25, 2010, 09:04:08 PM

I guess this is part of the new reboot, but I'm sure people have noticed that 'list' now shows how many of an item is available. Is it possible we can turn this also to brief, or shift it into what you see when you 'view'? Things look so much more...cluttered now.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Quote from: Semper on February 25, 2010, 09:04:08 PM
I guess this is part of the new reboot, but I'm sure people have noticed that 'list' now shows how many of an item is available. Is it possible we can turn this also to brief, or shift it into what you see when you 'view'? Things look so much more...cluttered now.

I find it somewhat more organized, if I'm looking for something theres gonna be lots of I'll look for longer lines, else, shorter ones.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

This was suggested by the player base.  It was easier to add this to list than view, so that's where it went.  If this is unpopular enough I'd be willing to provide a brief setting that would hide it completely.

I suggest trying to make sure you can't get used to it first.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'd rather have it this way than not at all. Thanks Morg. In Reborn though it would be cool to put it under "view" details instead of being part of the list.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

In Reborn, it would also be cool if some shops were the old way;

A gleam in his eye as the shimmering cloth is flourished, the emaciated, wrinkled man says in sirihish:
       "The finest weave and my very last one!  Don't wait for tomorrow, it will be gone!"

The tall, muscular man gives the emaciated, wrinkled man many coins for a shimmering sandcloth cloak.

The tall, muscular man walks north.

Grinning like a hatter, the emaciated, wrinkled man gets a shimmering sandcloth cloak from under the counter.
-------
Thinking more for PC run shops with npc vendors or very VERY specific circumstances (specialty items in less than reputable shops), but if putting the on/off option in, it would allow the above: a false sense of shortage.
Thanks Morg!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

This code addition is amazing!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: jhunter on February 26, 2010, 01:59:37 AM
I'd rather have it this way than not at all. Thanks Morg. In Reborn though it would be cool to put it under "view" details instead of being part of the list.

I like being able to see it in the list, I don't want to have to view everything when I'm trying to decide on untapped markets! :)  (Ie, high priced goods with low volumes in stock)

The only thing I could ask for is a sort :).

list dagger sort by volume

okay, maybe thats a bit much.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: jmordetsky on February 26, 2010, 03:20:19 PM
Quote from: jhunter on February 26, 2010, 01:59:37 AM

I like being able to see it in the list, I don't want to have to view everything when I'm trying to decide on untapped markets! :)  (Ie, high priced goods with low volumes in stock)

The only thing I could ask for is a sort :).

list dagger sort by volume

okay, maybe thats a bit much.

That'd be doable in Arm 2.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Dan on February 28, 2010, 12:32:04 PM
Quote from: Booya on February 25, 2010, 06:22:13 PM
The new way to show how many things a shop is stocking makes my eyes go funny.

:-\

I wish it could be when you view an item instead.

ps. Great to have that information available though.

I changed my font to allow the lines to wrap to the edge of the screen and it fixed that for me.

Could someone help me with how I could do that on MUSHclient please?

It's definitely the "available" being on its own line that's making me squint.

Quote from: Booya on February 28, 2010, 02:21:18 PM
Quote from: Dan on February 28, 2010, 12:32:04 PM
Quote from: Booya on February 25, 2010, 06:22:13 PM
The new way to show how many things a shop is stocking makes my eyes go funny.

:-\

I wish it could be when you view an item instead.

ps. Great to have that information available though.

I changed my font to allow the lines to wrap to the edge of the screen and it fixed that for me.

Could someone help me with how I could do that on MUSHclient please?

It's definitely the "available" being on its own line that's making me squint.

Go to File > World Properties, Click "Output" under "Appearance" to the left, and at the bottom check "Wrap output at column number:" and put in a good number, or use one of the buttons there to auto-adjust it.

This is very annoying to me. It completely breaks my screen. I would very much appreciate a brief toggle.

Quote from: Yam on April 21, 2010, 11:25:33 AM
This is very annoying to me. It completely breaks my screen. I would very much appreciate a brief toggle.

i could help you gag it with your client. what do you run? mushclient?