Looking to return. Again.

Started by Armaddict, November 22, 2009, 05:42:35 AM

Old player, not too aware of current events and such, not even recent code changes and such.  Last played around April of this year, and I'm looking to come back...even though I'm working a 60 hour work week.  Damn this game.

Anyway.  Any roles that would interest me? :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

You just missed the reopening of Borsail.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

D-elves are hopping. Fangs, Sun Runners, Akei all have active members.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

But you are on time for the Sekrit Santa.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Oash still has an opening.

I think Kurac still has an opening.

There's a Dasari opening.

Always the human tribals and delf. Dunno how any of those are doing. The Byn is hopping, I've heard.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: titansfan on November 22, 2009, 12:35:20 PM
D-elves are hopping. Fangs, Sun Runners, Akei all have active members.
SOH LANAH KAH!!!
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Who? ;) jk jk......yes SLK is active too last I saw.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Make a goddamn dwarf.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I say make something small, get a feel for the world as is right now, figure out any code changes since you left, then decide where to go from there.

HOW STRONG DO YOU WANT TO BE? In the infantry, cavalry, and support units of the Great Highlord Tektolnes' Arm, you can gain career skills, pay, benefits and bonuses. Choose from over 150 different jobs.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I don't have any suggestions, but I thought I'd pop in to say welcome back! Woohoo!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Special App a Sorcerer, my only request is that you kill me with some massive power they have if you get it...

<still have -never- seen a sorcerer in years of playing>

Quote from: Cerelum on November 23, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
Special App a Sorcerer, my only request is that you kill me with some massive power they have if you get it...

They're underwhelming.

Well-played dwarves are more interesting.

Quote from: mansa on November 22, 2009, 05:06:52 PM
Make a goddamn dwarf.

Dwarves FTFW!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Armaddict half-giant FTW. Hulk, SMASH! 8)
Amor Fati

Quote from: hyzhenhok on November 23, 2009, 03:19:24 AM

They're underwhelming.

Meh. A well played anything is going to be better than a not so well played anything else.

But more to Cerelum, go play a rouge magicker or ranger who travels far far far and wide, and solo-RP in the wastes a lot ... the sorcerers will find your ass.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Okay, maybe I am missing something here, but what the hell is 'sekrit' is this code for something?
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

Sekrit is just "secret" in 1337/lolcat/internet/something speak

CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGETC ETC ETC.

Quote from: ianmartin on November 23, 2009, 09:42:41 AM
Okay, maybe I am missing something here, but what the hell is 'sekrit' is this code for something?

In my experienc, sikrit is an 'eyeroll' type of secret. Much like brains and brainzz. A non serious type of secret.

Quote from: musashi on November 23, 2009, 09:28:32 AM

They're underwhelming.

Meh. A well played anything is going to be better than a not so well played anything else.

But more to Cerelum, go play a rouge magicker or ranger who travels far far far and wide, and solo-RP in the wastes a lot ... the sorcerers will find your ass.
will they invite me to tea? Or offer me a chance to become an apprentice and learn the magickal ways!?

Quote from: Cerelum on November 23, 2009, 07:03:19 PM

They're underwhelming.

will they invite me to tea? Or offer me a chance to become an apprentice and learn the magickal ways!?

If they don't murder you outright, they'll ask you a few questions, ask you to do something, and you'll agree just so they don't burninate you on the spot.  Several days or weeks later, a templar will take you in for questioning regarding something completely unrelated, and will murder you for being "in league" with a sorcerer.

That seems to be how these things work, anyway.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 23, 2009, 07:07:47 PM

They're underwhelming.

If they don't murder you outright, they'll ask you a few questions, ask you to do something, and you'll agree just so they don't burninate you on the spot.  Several days or weeks later, a templar will take you in for questioning regarding something completely unrelated, and will murder you for being "in league" with a sorcerer.

What he said.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on November 23, 2009, 07:30:48 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on November 23, 2009, 07:07:47 PM

They're underwhelming.

What he said.

Wow, deja vu on the previous sentiments, but more on topic...

There are several plotlines in several parts of the world that could each use "filler" characters for. My advice would be to try for a mundane filler role as your re-introduction to the game. A Bynner, a Legionairre, a "recruit" position in pretty much any clan.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I have returned.  Be afraid.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I already returned. Nothing can scare them now.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on May 31, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
I already returned. Nothing can scare them now.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I've been here for... january... february... march... april... may... FIVE MONTHS since my first char. I'm happy.

God damnit.  Armaddict and Kankman.

Where's my boots?

Saellyn, you look like a newbie.  Let me talk to you in a private booth about an interesting employment opportunity...
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 02, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Where's my boots?

Saellyn, you look like a newbie.  Let me talk to you in a private booth about an interesting employment opportunity...

Dont listen to this noob!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Where's my boots?

Sorry, already fell for that one. I ended up losing my pants and shirt too.

Woowoo!  Old faces! :D

Quote from: Saellyn on June 02, 2010, 11:47:32 AM

Where's my boots?

Sorry, already fell for that one. I ended up losing my pants and shirt too.

*fends off Malifaxis*  My noob!  Mine!   :D
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I can fend him off on my own!

*Grabs Tektolnes' mighty whacking stick*

Quote from: Armaddict on June 02, 2010, 10:01:04 PM
Woowoo!  Old faces! :D

On a more serious note -- welcome back!   :-*
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I guess that I never formally announced my return too. But here I am, playing 2 and a half days in 2 weeks already, after being gone for 7 years.
Rorschach: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"

Quote from: creepyguy on June 03, 2010, 01:09:34 PM
I guess that I never formally announced my return too. But here I am, playing 2 and a half days in 2 weeks already, after being gone for 7 years.

You just wanted a hug too. :P

*hug*

Creepy guy...were you creepyguyinblack or something similar?  If so, I remember you. :P

Yep,, thats me. I couldn't register my full name on this forum, either it was too long, or I had made an account and forgot the password.
Rorschach: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"

Quote from: Saellyn on June 02, 2010, 11:01:40 PM

I accept your challenge, sir.
-Reiloth

Dude... nobody grabs Tek's mighty whacking stick... Unless they're willing to finish the job.

To Arm, I am return.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Ashes on June 04, 2010, 03:32:38 PM
To Arm, I am return.

Well aint this a fucking happy little goddamn reunion.

Someone fucking call Clegane, ShaLeah and Pearl.  Lets get some classics up in this bitch.
-Reiloth

Quote from: Malifaxis on June 05, 2010, 11:11:54 AM
Quote from: Ashes on June 04, 2010, 03:32:38 PM
To Arm, I am return.

Well aint this a fucking happy little goddamn reunion.

Someone fucking call Clegane, ShaLeah and Pearl.  Lets get some classics up in this bitch.

Wow, that would be fucking awesome.  And btw, Malifaxis...glad to see you stuck around. :P

Suppose I should change the goddamn signature, huh.
-Reiloth

Ohhhhhhhh shit. Glad to see you're back.

Welcome back, old-timers. I look forward to swindling you all (again).

I'll take a shot of Flying Erdlu.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Kankman on June 04, 2010, 12:07:27 PM

Dude... nobody grabs Tek's mighty whacking stick... Unless they're willing to finish the job.

Finish da fight!

Quote from: Winterless on June 06, 2010, 01:26:37 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on June 05, 2010, 07:43:55 PM
We need desertman.

We need WP.

I have desertman on Xbox Live. I should go bother him to come back to Arm.

WB!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

June 07, 2010, 10:46:00 PM #63 Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:22:33 AM by Myrdryn
Just wanting to note that I'm seeing a lot of old names that I haven't seen in a long time.  Maybe it's the summer time.  But it's nice to see so many (a dozen or so) veterans returning to play.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

I'm thinking now's the time to stop not playing. Come out of hibernation and all that.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 08, 2010, 01:09:42 AM
I'm thinking now's the time to stop not playing. Come out of hibernation and all that.

Be a Drov of a good time t' be gettin' drunksome in th' southlands, wouldn' it.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 08, 2010, 01:09:42 AM

I decided to come out of hibernation...hmm....back in January of this year after not playing for over a year. I'm completely sucked back into the Crackageddon, and have been having a great time of it.  :P

- Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Behold the power of my thread.  *flex*

Armaddict FTW!!!
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---

!!!!!

Yayhoooray
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Glad to see you're all back in the mix. Now give me your boots, this is a hold up.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

You can have my boots when you pry them off my cold, dead, grimy, sandy, athlete's foot ridden toes.

Quote from: Armaddict on June 12, 2010, 02:29:46 AM
You can have my boots when you pry them off my cold, dead, grimy, sandy, athlete's foot ridden toes.

On second thought...Why don't you just...Hand over those boots.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

You can have my boots in trade for your steel greatsword of awesome. ;)
---