New Unofficial GDB Policy

Started by Olgaris, November 11, 2009, 07:33:47 PM

Okay, the title is misleading. This is not even an unofficial policy. But it would be fantastic if everybody took it up as a voluntary policy.

Let's turn the tone of the GDB around. There's too much competition, whining, griping, backstabbing, conniving, and mean-spirited sniping going on. That's what the game is for. On the GDB, let's be constructive, sympathetic, collaborative, and have a positive community. Reading most of the threads on the GDB wouldn't make me want to be a part of this community, that's for sure.

So from now on, let's make all of our posts positive, and constructive. Of course this is voluntary, but just think of what a monumental difference it would make if we all acted as though we liked one another?

Repeat after me below (insert your own name):

I, Olgaris, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

I, FantasyWriter, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I don't post too terribly often partially because of the reasons for this policy, but I'm more than willing to make such a pledge.

I, th3kaiser, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, a strange shadow, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, Tortall, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

QuoteI, (Insert name here), do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, Xagon, do hereby pledge to speak my mind regarding any comments, ideas, or suggestions on the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will let my disagreement be heard in a courteous, yet direct manner. If I think someone is stupid, I will keep it to myself. If such an ignorant person expresses ignorant ideas, I will explain what is wrong with the line of thought in question and suggest ways in which it might be remedied or replaced. I will do what I feel is necessary to make this a welcoming community in real life while striving to keep the harsh edge that can only be found inside Zalanthas.

Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I, jcljules, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

November 11, 2009, 08:15:56 PM #7 Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:29:15 PM by Cutthroat
I, cutthroat, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone. I suppose in that sense my GDB handle is somewhat of a misnomer. Edit to add: I'm open to being called out on not doing this.

Maybe someone should add a clause that says, "I'm open to being called out on not doing this."
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I, AmandaGreathouse, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I will do my best to be
     honest and fair,
     friendly and helpful,
     considerate and caring,
     courageous and strong, and
     responsible for what I say and do,
and to
     respect myself and others,
     respect authority,
     use resources wisely,
     make the GDB a better place, and
     be a sister to every member of the ARM community.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I, Akoto, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

;D

Quote from: jcljules on November 11, 2009, 08:17:35 PM
Maybe someone should add a clause that says, "I'm open to being called out on not doing this."

That's the no-so-subtly hidden implication.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Word.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I, Pale Horse, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Something that might help:

Click on 'preview' before you post, and read over your post as it will appear on the board.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

November 11, 2009, 10:05:11 PM #17 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:20:53 AM by FuSoYa
I, FuSoya (AKA Brandon), do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
I'm open to being called out on not doing this.

Brandon

EDIT:  Fixed post as my GDB handle is not a misnomer but a Lunarian who can cast meteo on yo asses.
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

I, PerpetualPatriot, do hereby pledge to only bring pessemestic comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express them loudly, and without regard for your emotions. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will voice those concerns louder than all the rest so everyone, including the stupid person or idea, knows that I think they are stupid. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players so that I can steal their boots with spam-steal in all of the newbie logon areas.

PerpetualPatriot
Majikal Quote:
"I  came in a girls hair products when she was too drunk to finish blowing me... she still doesn't know. We're still friends."

I, Waroth the Great, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, lussien, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

For a newbie, game forumers are saviors.
Veni, vinci, voici.

I'm okay on my own.

Even though I think for most of the greats (obviously not myself) it's a little redundant......

I, Gagula, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

I, Kevo, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone. I suppose in that sense my GDB handle is somewhat of a misnomer. I'm open to being called out on not doing this.

side note: Nice Gandhi quote, Olgaris.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

I, Rhyden, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

November 12, 2009, 02:31:47 AM #24 Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:29:05 PM by musashi
I, musashi, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

EDIT: Sorry ... but if staff are gonna come in an edit what I wrote after the fact without telling me when it comes to "pledging" somethng ... then it really isn't a pledge. Deleted.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.