New Unofficial GDB Policy

Started by Olgaris, November 11, 2009, 07:33:47 PM

I, Qzzrbl, Bringer of Thunder, eater of trolls, souls, and assholes, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will, to the best of my ability,  express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, The great and Majiikal Tony, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

On my honor I will do my best
to do my duty to God and my city-state
and to obey the staff law,
To halp other people at all times,
To keep my character physically strong,
mentally awake,
and morally straight.

But seriously, yes, this is a good thing.

For my part, I will stop being a snarky Tuluki in those cases in which I am tempted.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I hereby vow to stop making thinly veiled attacks on anyone.

I, Morrolan e'Drien, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

November 12, 2009, 01:40:30 PM #30 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:15:51 PM by Oleupata
But, you're right, I will take responsibility for myself....

I, Jhunter, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone. I'm open to being called out on not doing this.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I, Ender, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I, LoD, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, Fnord, think this is wishful thinking, but I am a dreamer of dreams and a practitioner of civility, so count me in.
Amor Fati

i know a game forum where this is actualy a polocy, and it worked out rather well.

i pledge that 90% of my posts will be constructive
5% will be funny
5% will get me into trouble while i try to be funny...

lol nah i'll help where i can :)
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

November 12, 2009, 09:22:33 PM #35 Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:17:51 PM by Gunnerblaster
I, Gunnerblaster, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

Edited.

Sorry.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I, Cavaticus, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, Potaje, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

Why not I'm a team player, and the gdb is for improvements of a game we all play together.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I, Titansfan, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I'm always the nicest person in the world, but if I don't do it I'll feel left out.

I, MarshallDFX, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

November 13, 2009, 03:54:00 PM #40 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:16:49 PM by Oleupata
I, Kryos who may also be known as the walking sweedish murder machine or that guy, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

p.s.
You certainly take me to first base, Olgaris, but to get into my pants you'll have to up this a notch to policy.  Three strikes.  1 - day ban, 2 - week ban, 3 - perma ban.

I, Cerelum, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

I, Bluefae, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 11, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
Something that might help:

Click on 'preview' before you post, and read over your post as it will appear on the board.

This is some powerful advice.  The 'preview' ability is a wonderful tool.  By reading over what you're about to put out to the entire community, you can sometimes (often?) catch snippets that are unintentionally harsh or insulting.  And if it is intentional, you give yourself a second chance to remove it before posting.  (Of course, you can always go back and 'edit', but sometimes the damage has already been done.)
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I, razorback, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

P.S. And maybe I'll post more? Yeah.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

I, Ammut, do hereby pledge to only bring positive comments, ideas, and suggestions to the Armageddon General Discussion Board. If there are ideas I disagree with, I will express so in a helpful and collaborative way. If I think someone, or some idea is stupid, I will keep it to myself and suggest improvements rather than make snide remarks in an attempt to make myself somehow look better. I will do everything I can to make this a welcoming community, that will attract new players and help improve the game for everyone.

Quote from: Bluefae on November 15, 2009, 03:06:55 PM

Click on 'preview' before you post, and read over your post as it will appear on the board.

This is some powerful advice.  The 'preview' ability is a wonderful tool.  By reading over what you're about to put out to the entire community, you can sometimes (often?) catch snippets that are unintentionally harsh or insulting.  And if it is intentional, you give yourself a second chance to remove it before posting.  (Of course, you can always go back and 'edit', but sometimes the damage has already been done.)

I often end up not posting the reply... at all.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 15, 2009, 10:50:15 PM

Ha, seriously.  If I actually posted half the replies I've written up, I'd probably have the twit flag.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 15, 2009, 10:56:08 PM
Ha, seriously.  If I actually posted half the replies I've written up, I'd probably have the twit flag.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 15, 2009, 10:56:08 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 15, 2009, 10:50:15 PM

Me too.

Sarcasm does not translate well to text.