Dice games

Started by FantasyWriter, May 06, 2009, 12:49:38 AM

Anyone have any dice games they play IG?

A sample of dice to work with

This pair of shining obsidian dice are both smoothly carved, both six-sided,
with matching symbols.  On each side is a simple carven depiction of one of
the following: Lirathu, Jihae, a purse, a knife, a kank, or a noose.
A pair of polished obsidian dice show:
Kank and Jihae
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Those dice are wierd. The one time I remember playing with them, we just assigned pip-values to the pictures.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I played a really simple game with those, based on the kank plague.

Everyone puts 20 coins or whatever into the pot, everybody rolls. If you roll a kank or a noose, you're "dead."

Last person to not roll a kank/noose is the winner!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

i love spice run. played with pip dice and a spice run mat or spice run table.(like in storm)

spice run mats are hard to find though. I'm not even sure who to talk to to buy one. Kurac? Indie crafter?

I wish there were a trio of dice item.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Agent_137 on May 06, 2009, 01:38:37 AM
i love spice run. played with pip dice and a spice run mat or spice run table.(like in storm)

spice run mats are hard to find though. I'm not even sure who to talk to to buy one. Kurac? Indie crafter?

Think about who's known for running gambling games, and you might have your answer.

Quote from: Agent_137 on May 06, 2009, 01:38:37 AM

I'm of the impression that any ol' clothworker can craft them, but I'm not 100% certain. That said, I'm sure certain clans would be able to come into possession of one or two a lot easier than others.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

May 06, 2009, 02:36:07 AM #7 Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:16:27 AM by sarahjc
I love IC dice games and play them often. Dice aren't hard to come by either. Just have to know where to look.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: mansa on May 06, 2009, 02:21:30 AM
I wish there were a trio of dice item.

I think I've seen some people play cee-lo with two pairs of dice, they just ignored the fourth one that showed up.

Still, it would be nice to see a trio of dice or, a single die item that could be combined into a set of up to five dice with craft. Then you can play... erm... Yahtzee.

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 06, 2009, 08:00:08 AM

Still, it would be nice to see a trio of dice or, a single die item that could be combined into a set of up to five dice with craft. Then you can play... erm... Yahtzee.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

May 06, 2009, 04:17:28 PM #10 Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:20:26 PM by sarahjc
Quote from: Cutthroat on May 06, 2009, 08:00:08 AM

Or you could play.. erm... Dice? That would actually be awesome,  I don't thnk my PC would do anything else. Or if you could roll dice either separate or up to five at a time.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: FantasyWriter on May 06, 2009, 12:49:38 AM
Anyone have any dice games they play IG?

A sample of dice to work with

This pair of shining obsidian dice are both smoothly carved, both six-sided,
with matching symbols.  On each side is a simple carven depiction of one of
the following: Lirathu, Jihae, a purse, a knife, a kank, or a noose.
A pair of polished obsidian dice show:
Kank and Jihae

I remember there was this one dice game where each pair of symbols had a meaning....
Like a knife and a purse = a cutpurse
A pair of knives = an assassin

I can't remember all of them, but each pair beat another in a rock, paper, scissors fashion.

There was a Kuraci dice game Haiwolfe made up a few years back, too.

I think it was called cutpurse. I wish I could remember it. Does anyone?