Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 19, 2010, 03:44:27 PM
Instead of trying to take everything while skinning.

skin corpse
You could cut the hide, the meat, the antlers, etc from the body of a duskhorn.

skin corpse hide
You do whatever the emote is for cutting a hide from a duskhorn.

skin corpse all
The normal skinning process as it is already.

Nice.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

I like that.

Then you could have scenes right out of some tear-jerking movie about how the settlers wasted the buffalo and left the meat, etc, to rot on the plains. Except it'd be Akei Ta Var and a bunch of Salarri hunters.

Or, perhaps skinning could work like crafting? Where you begin to skin something and your character goes through the motions before finally finishing. It seems pretty...unrealistic to me that you can just type >skin body over and over and completely clean out several dozen corpses without any limitations, however if I wanted to toast a piece of bread (a much easier action than skinning a body) I have to wait for the action to finish working.

I think this would also cut down on spam hunting, as I've seen plenty of situations where people go from one creature to the next, a majority of their time out of combat spent sheathing and unsheathing their weapons as opposed to the delicate process of skinning a dead animal.

I can see it now...

>skin body
Blood seeping to the ground, you begin to skin the body of a large bull duskhorn.

Seen to everyone else as:

the tall, muscular man is skinning the body of a large bull duskhorn.

Of course, this would require writing different emotes for the various parts of different creatures, just as failing a craft causes a particular echo. But, I think it could really work.

Bug spray
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I'd like:
assess -v room

So I could see how close it is to capacity/weight, if not in accurate stones, but in some randomly described return.

This room is nearly empty.
This room has plenty of room.
This room is filled to capacity.
This room is overly filled.
This room is an epic disaster and you need to wish up RIGHT NOW.
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Please.  Once again, I just want to say that I and other staffers like this thread because we can come here and get quick ideas and run with them.  When we start having to wade through a discussion on every idea to get to the next idea, then we start not finding this thread as useful. 

Please move your own discussions elsewhere so I don't have to.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: Styx on July 20, 2010, 02:43:04 PM
I'd like:
assess -v room

So I could see how close it is to capacity/weight, if not in accurate stones, but in some randomly described return.

This room has plenty of room.
This room is filled to capacity.
This room is overly filled.
This room is an epic disaster and you need to wish up RIGHT NOW.

This, but also, with public rooms (ie, specifically city rooms which are public)

There is a large crowd on the street.

or

This room is crowded with junk.
The street seems to be vacant.

or

This room is empty.
A small stream of vagrants passes along slowly.

etcetcetc.

That's one thing I really liked about this one mud Kevin showed me. In most rooms you could 'l crowd', then it would tell you who was in the crowd, and you could 'l <person in the crowd>', at which point it would make the VNPC into an actual NPC for a short time, complete with clothes, movement, and AI. I know that's probably WAY too much to ask for Arm 1, but just seeing how empty/packed a room is by assessing it (if Assess room were added, of course) would be really nice.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

July 20, 2010, 05:29:03 PM #682 Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:33:31 PM by Feco
Quote from: Cutthroat on July 19, 2010, 12:21:04 PM
l figure's feet will work too....

Or "l figure's head" to see helmets

Or "l figure's body" to see stuff worn on the body, ect., ect., ect.

FWIW, this only displays tattoos and scars, if they are not covered at that location. If there is a piece of equipment there, anything at all, it will say You see nothing special about their feet. or head, body, etc.

My random tiny want would be to make it like you described, though.

I'm a little confused.  There is this... If Amos, the sinewy, dark-haired man, is wearing "a pair of rainbow-sparkled sunshine sleeves" type look amos's rainbow, or look amos's sleeves, or look sinewy's sparkled.

Or is this not what you want?  ???

EDIT: Ahh, I think I get it.... look at their rainbow-sleeves without the "look" command?  No echo?

Meh.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

No, what they're saying is that ">look amos's arms" won't return anything unless his arms are uncovered, at which point you see the description for any tattoos or scars on the arms location.  If it is gear, you see jack.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 19, 2010, 09:32:37 AM
Or even..

The armed figure in the red and white tabard has arrived from the west.
The armed tall figure in the red and white tabard has arrived from the west.
The armed tall and obese figure in the red and white tabard has arrived from the west.

Building off this idea, long ago sdescs were covered by two items, but it was changed to one since sdescs would become too long.

(the figure wearing a desert sandcloth longcloak and a thin, grey-sandcloth facewrap)

I always thought a one word descriptor put before the cloaked sdesc would look cool, and be short enough.

Mask - The masked figure in a desert sandcloth longcloak
Veil - The veiled figure in a desert sandcloth longcloak
Facewrap – The face-wrapped figure in a desert sandcloth longcloak
Big helms - the helmed figure in a desert sandcloth longcloak

I'd like to see, the hunt/track wilderness option expanded a little more, as it is, if you were seriously going to track someone it would take hours to see find them. I'd like to see an active hunt command possibly, only visible to rangers and other trackers I surmise.

Hunt
You see so and so's tracks leave to the east

track east

You begin actively watching the tracks to the east

e

A grassy plains
this room has a lot of grass and other nondescript things in it. Please move on.
(tracking) you see tracks from the west moving east

Only have it on a very short five maybe ten room duration for it
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

For "flip" to work during combat.

Quote from: Samira on July 21, 2010, 07:21:27 AM
For "flip" to work during combat.

It stunned me when I found out it didn't.

Inspiring a new want:
For more weapons to be 'flippable'.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

It does, but the syntax is different. It's been a long time, but I believe it is 'use <weapon>' while in combat.

>clan schedule [clan name]

The schedule for <clan name> is:
-----------------Morning--------Afternoon--------
Ocandra          On leave       On leave
Terrin           Sparring       Riding practice
Abid             Sparring       Combat lessons
Cingel           Sparring       Guard practice
Nekrete          Sparring       Equipment maintenance
Waleuk           Sparring       Rescue practice
Yochem           Sparring       Strength training
Huegel           Sparring       Wrestling
Dzeda            Sparring       Endurance training
Barani           Sparring       Desert survival (early leave is no sergeant+ present)
Detal            On leave       On leave

Basically, a print-out of the clan's schedule that's usually posted on the forum (or on in-game clan boards).  Though, extra points if the line corresponding to what day it is was highlighted.

I'd like for my prompt to carry over from one character to the next by default. If I want to change it then, I will.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: a strange shadow on July 21, 2010, 09:00:25 AM
It does, but the syntax is different. It's been a long time, but I believe it is 'use <weapon>' while in combat.

This is correct.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: flurry on July 21, 2010, 11:22:22 AM
I'd like for my prompt to carry over from one character to the next by default. If I want to change it then, I will.
+1
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I know it's not quite the same, but I set an alias in my client called 'setprompt' which will set my prompt for me when I get to a new character.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I want items held in inventory to, based on weight verses agility to drop to the ground in combat.

Say, 1 stone for every 2 points of agility.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

For people to stop assuming that everyone who kills is somehow a poor roleplayer/twink. For people to focus on their own rp and stop bitching about others and pointing fingers down from their self-constructed pedestals of self-righteousness.

Those are my Random Tiny Wants.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Random enormous wants, if you ask me.

Quote from: jhunter on July 23, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
For people to stop a pointing fingers down from their self-constructed pedestals of self-righteousness.

Those are my Random Tiny Wants.

J... Come on up here dude. Come on up on my pedestal with me. You won't believe the view!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: X-D on July 23, 2010, 09:38:29 AM
I want items held in inventory to, based on weight verses agility to drop to the ground in combat.

Say, 1 stone for every 2 points of agility.

I could dig it.