Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Barzalene on June 06, 2010, 12:29:02 PM
No more ooc clan boards. Yes, I know, I can make a new account for each. But a) that's a pain in the ass, b) I can't make all of you do it, and I'd rather not know who plays whom.

why don't you just use 1 alt account where you never post anything but just read?

Then people will know that that account was the person they played with in clan x
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

No more ooc clan boards. Yes, I know, I can make a new account for each. But a) that's a pain in the ass, b) I can't make all of you do it, and I'd rather not know who plays whom.

Then just don't sign up for your clans board? So far as I know, it's not mandatory.
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

Quote from: Barzalene on June 06, 2010, 01:20:10 PM
Then people will know that that account was the person they played with in clan x

not if you don't identify which character you are playing, right? How will they even know you joined the board if you never post??

But I'll still know who everyone else plays. And I'll miss announcements if I don't look.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not happening. And no one else wants it to happen. But I can still want it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Rogerthat on June 06, 2010, 02:28:07 AM
O_O type this
Wield sword - sheath sword back
type remove shield, remove backpack, wear shield
All fixed for you.

Can't wear the shield and the pack at the same time though, and shields don't really fit into packs.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Barzalene on June 06, 2010, 04:08:26 PM
But I'll still know who everyone else plays. And I'll miss announcements if I don't look.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not happening. And no one else wants it to happen. But I can still want it.

You're not the only one. Personally, I think clan boards do more harm than good and an easy-to-edit IG clan board would be more beneficial.

Why? Because I think keeping IC stuff IG and OOC stuff OOC would be extremely beneficial for this game.

June 06, 2010, 07:34:27 PM #507 Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:21:00 PM by Qzzrbl
Quote from: Rhyden on June 06, 2010, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: Barzalene on June 06, 2010, 04:08:26 PM

You're not the only one. Personally, I think clan boards do more harm than good and an easy-to-edit IG clan board would be more beneficial.

Why? Because I think keeping IC stuff IG and OOC stuff OOC would be extremely beneficial for this game.

Would be cool if there was a way to make any and every post on clan boards anonymous.

::Edit:: Dammit, I always manage to put my post within the quote. >~<

That my perishables don't disappear from my pack the moment I Quit.

I'm curious as to why it matters if you know on the OOC board who plays who in the game?
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Quote from: Durant on June 06, 2010, 10:14:11 PM

I'm curious as to why it matters if you know on the OOC board who plays who in the game?

Same? It doesn't really matter who plays who to me. And I've never minded people knowing who I've played. If it's such a big deal, maybe don't join clans? Or don't read anything on the clan boards, instead making one initial post declaring (on an alt account) the you play soandso and you don't believe in OOC clan boards, so if something needs to reach your pc it needs to be posted on the IG boards and to check for stuff from your pc there?
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I find it easier to get lost in the story the less I know ooc.

There are some of you, sorry, (no not you, some other guy, really)  who I don't always enjoy on the gdb. I don't want my feelings toward your pcs to be affected by that.

There are some of you on the gdb I adore. I don't want to give your pc the benefit of the doubt because I like you. And yes, I am tempted to do so.

I think it's great that some of you think it doesn't matter. Maybe I'm clouded by my own issues and immaturity, but I believe it may have more effect that we  credit it with on how pcs interact.

yea, I could see that. Most big clans do have an IG board where all annoucements go, right?

Coinpurses.

Items specifically designed to hold coin in them, making it so that when you 'buy' things, you don't need to take out the coins first...it comes straight from your coinpurse.  When you sell things, it puts the coins in the coinpurse, which you can take it out of freely to store somewhere safer.

Make it theftable, though just about as hard to steal from as something inside a cloak.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Barzalene on June 06, 2010, 10:48:21 PM
I find it easier to get lost in the story the less I know ooc.

There are some of you, sorry, (no not you, some other guy, really)  who I don't always enjoy on the gdb. I don't want my feelings toward your pcs to be affected by that.

There are some of you on the gdb I adore. I don't want to give your pc the benefit of the doubt because I like you. And yes, I am tempted to do so.

I think it's great that some of you think it doesn't matter. Maybe I'm clouded by my own issues and immaturity, but I believe it may have more effect that we  credit it with on how pcs interact.

I really do think it's impossible to be completely detached - we're human, and even if we're not consciously suspect, we can be unconsciously fallible.

Totally anonymous GDB clan boards is one option.. removing them entirely and relying on IG boards is another.  Maybe for the smaller clans without a board a rumour NPC could be set up which would be accessible via the 'talk' command.  From what I've seen, players have historically been responsible with posting to the IG boards, and have always been free to do so.  I don't really see the clan rumour NPC being much different, and would be a little more IC feeling:

> rumour amos Yesterday, the Sarge broke his foot in the new Runner's ass for trying to sex up some creepy magicker in the Gaj.. are they scraping Runners off 'rinther bootheels these days?

> talk amos

The swarthy, tressy-tressed half-man says, "Yesterday, the Sarge broke his foot in the new Runner's ass for trying to sex up some creepy magicker in the Gaj.. are they scraping Runners off 'rinther bootheels these days?

Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

June 07, 2010, 02:44:00 AM #515 Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:46:27 AM by solera
QuoteFrom what I've seen, players have historically been responsible with posting to the IG boards, and have always been free to do so.

Except you have to post in game.  Once I was posting, when a figure of authority came in, looking for the next minion who ignored him. I think he was pretty close to squashing me.
OK, extreme example.

Quote from: solera on June 07, 2010, 02:44:00 AM
QuoteFrom what I've seen, players have historically been responsible with posting to the IG boards, and have always been free to do so.

Except you have to post in game.  Once I was posting, when a figure of authority came in, looking for the next minion who ignored him. I think he was pretty close to squashing me.
OK, extreme example.

When you're posting to an IG board, your ldesc displays [CREATING], or at least it used to.  Anyone that ignores something like that (or someone that has a 'gone' status, etc) is being an ass, if you ask me.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

June 07, 2010, 03:33:38 AM #517 Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:35:54 AM by X-D
QuoteBut I'll still know who everyone else plays. And I'll miss announcements if I don't look.

Would be cool if there was a way to make any and every post on clan boards anonymous.

I've also been in clans where they said you have to post an introduction...and I never did.

I'd prefer if clan GDB went away, or at the very least if you had to make a new account for each one you joined.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I'd like it if 'wake' wouldn't make you sit up and if it only gave off a hemote, same for coming back out of uncon.

tkeyword

temporary keyword

To be added, and removed, by the character's player.

Purpose: If you -think- you'll be using a keyword, and want to try it out for awhile, add it. But when you realize no one's going to use it, or it doesn't really suit your character afterall, or you learn that the enemy your posse is about to hunt down has the same keyword (and you realize you could end up with your posse killing you because of keyword error) you can remove it. Also, if you want to be targettable while in the presence of someone..but have no plans on ever interacting with them again, you can remove it.

Limitations:

You have 24 RL hours to remove a keyword after adding it. Once you have had the keyword for more than 24 hours real-time, you own it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 07, 2010, 12:58:20 PM
Limitations:

You have 24 RL hours to remove a keyword after adding it. Once you have had the keyword for more than 24 hours real-time, you own it.

I assume there's some kind of fail-safe against people adding/removing the same keyword over and over.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on June 07, 2010, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: Lizzie on June 07, 2010, 12:58:20 PM
Limitations:

I assume there's some kind of fail-safe against people adding/removing the same keyword over and over.
nessalin.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Make clan boards anonymous and everyone wins.
Make it where you access it from your primary account, but it only shows up as guest/anonymous or whatever.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 07, 2010, 01:46:20 PM
Make it where you access it from your primary account, but it only shows up as guest/anonymous or whatever.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 07, 2010, 01:46:20 PM

That would be pretty nifty.