Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Qzzrbl on May 24, 2010, 08:40:47 PM
Quote from: allieday1 on May 24, 2010, 01:31:33 PM
Would love for lets say ranger guild to have a kind of scanning that views in circle, n,ne.e.se.s.sw.w.nw type viewing,

I would love for ANYBODY WITH FRIGGIN' EYES to be able to do this.

This, so very very hard.  It's ridiculously easy to sneak up on someone, at a full run, in the middle of a mostly flat desert, just because of the limitations of the code.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on May 24, 2010, 08:40:47 PM
Quote from: allieday1 on May 24, 2010, 01:31:33 PM
Would love for lets say ranger guild to have a kind of scanning that views in circle, n,ne.e.se.s.sw.w.nw type viewing,

I would love for ANYBODY WITH FRIGGIN' EYES to be able to do this.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: maxid on May 24, 2010, 08:48:20 PM

This, so very very hard.  It's ridiculously easy to sneak up on someone, at a full run, in the middle of a mostly flat desert, just because of the limitations of the code.

eh, i disagree. it's not that bad. If you know where they are it's because you saw them. When you saw them they COULD have seen you if they were paying attention. But they weren't. So they deserve to be snuck up on.

But yes, yes you can appear AN ENTIRE LEAGUE AWAY from some one on the salt flats by abusing the code limitations. And then you can treat the whole approach from one room to another as merely a single step. And then you can PK them. But that's really just you abusing the shit out of the games' mechanics. Which is easily done all over this game to gain an edge. This isn't that big of a deal, and in some areas (city, dunes, etc) it's actually a feature not a limitation.

So, do you really want to go through every fucking room in the game and assign which non-cardinal directions you can see from it? Fuck no you don't. Imms don't want to either. Save it for arm2.

It's not just PCs that are dangerous in wide-open areas that one could logically see every direction in.....

Packs of kryl, bahamets, meks, bands of gith, etc., etc....

oh right. i'm dumb. been awhile since I got a surprise bahamet attack.

hm, well, same problem: who's going to decide AND assign non-cardinal directions to every damn room? Without a room builder tool like they have for arm2? My guess is that the the difficulty of coding the command is comparatively minor.

sorry. I guess crushing a random tiny want with a definite massive workload isn't in the spirit if the thread. i'll go away now.

A staffer once said (too lazy to look it up) that if were were able to see omni-directionally, so would any other PCs and NPCs so it would negate any benefit.

Now...
You're going west, there is a mekillot one room nw of you... you go west, you look north and see him, he sees you from the north, and shows up to eat you.

With suggestion implemented...
You're going west, there is a mekillot one room nw of you.. you look nw and see him, he sees you, he moves s e and eats you.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

May 27, 2010, 05:31:25 PM #481 Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:34:13 PM by MarshallDFX
I want searching the helpfiles using the "Search helpfiles" to work better.  If you want to find the list of subguilds, its awkward.  Use the google search.

Documentation/helpfile wiki is my intra-room grid.

Would like to see chickens in Arm.

Or their Arm version.

I want a secret cow dungeon.

Quote from: mansa on March 06, 2010, 10:40:40 PM
- I'd like for the tattoos and scars on people to be visible on their corpses after they die. I always wonder if I'm missing out on the chance to discover the person was secretly part of some crazy orginization or something.

- A means of determining how someone died by looking at their corpse (i.e., slashing weapons, bludgeoned to death, burns, nothing detectable, etc.).

- the ability to use manure to increase your relationship with the land much like you can with water.

These gave me a few ideas too.

Pc corpses, and possibly npc ones too, should have the full desc transferred at moment of death, possibly fading with time, depending on the environment the body is kept in. Perhaps instead of turning them into objects when they die, they could remain mobiles but act as stunned/unconscious so people can remove their clothing, see their desc, tattoos and scars, and add injuries based on how they died.

Perhaps a few broad categories of cause of death could be seen by anyone, and more specific ones could be seen with some "diagnose" or "investigate" skill, give it to physicians, maybe assassins could branch it, and a new subguild "investigator" or something to that effect with urban hunt, "diagnose" and something else that would help them solve crimes/mysteries.

And what about the ability to use manure to poison weapons? I don't even see why you'd need a skill check, just coat the point or edge in feces, let it wear off after a couple strikes but gives a chance to cause infected wounds. Infected wounds could not heal with rest, but woudln't get much worse as long as you stayed resting/sleeping but could act as slow bleeding if you are active until you find a physician or healer.
Rorschach: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"

FTR, corpses do have mdescs now.

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

For the Shops:

Offer 3 #10 100

Barter

You give blah blah 300 coins for 100 feathers

Quote from: Saellyn on May 28, 2010, 10:04:37 AM

Or their Arm version.

I wrote and submitted such an NPC, but it never made it into the game.  One of them was sitting in a certain staffer's room for a while though, I was told.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Saellyn on May 28, 2010, 10:04:37 AM

Or their Arm version.

There (sorta) are!

Quote from: Animals docsBarakhan Lizard : These small winged lizards, usually colored in dark or sandy colors, are the usual source of eggs in the Southlands, where they are often domestically raised for that purpose. Some barakhan lizards are kept in cages as pets, since their chirpings can be interpreted by the ear as musical in nature.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: Stacy on May 28, 2010, 02:37:20 PM
For the Shops:

Offer 3 #10 100

Barter

You give blah blah 300 coins for 100 feathers

YES!!!!!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

This exists:

The edge of the shield wall [splat, e, s, w]
>n
You teeter precariously over the edge, blah blah blah, type "[b]north now[/b]" if you really want to risk getting fucking splatted dude.

I wish this did:

Hanging from a big ass cliff [d, d, d, d, d, d, d, d, beep]
>r
You might just beep your pc out of existence newb, type "rest now" if you really want to chillax.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

>'unhitch all'
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

June 02, 2010, 01:21:45 PM #493 Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:24:26 PM by shadeoux
The ability to see how full something is without having to pick it up.

l in bag

In a plain bag of cloth (carried) :
It is less than half full containing:

Many packets of mulmix

Put mulmix bag

You put your packet of mulmix into your plain bag of cloth.
It is now half full. (only have the echos when it reaches certain capacity points of the bag/pack/quiver)

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

When using the put command, the code should attempt to put the object into itself as a last resort, not first resort.  Especially since putting an object into itself is never going to work.  If there is a chest with the keyword "gem" and I try "put topaz gem" the code should assume that I mean the chest with the keyword gem and not that I am trying to put the topaz into itself.  Same goes for pieces of bone into bone carved crates and so forth.

I wish that players without living characters could:

Read the main rumor boards from any starting location available to them...
And maybe be able to see a count of how many players are sitting in the main taverns at any given time.

Just saying, it would be nice to do a little basic recon to help pick your next role.

Quote from: Akaramu on May 28, 2010, 12:49:12 PM
I want a secret cow dungeon.

There is no cow level.

I want to be able to strap shields/swords to a pack on my back.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

O_O type this
Wield sword - sheath sword back
type remove shield, remove backpack, wear shield
All fixed for you.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

wound locations
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

No more ooc clan boards. Yes, I know, I can make a new account for each. But a) that's a pain in the ass, b) I can't make all of you do it, and I'd rather not know who plays whom.