Zalanthan attractiveness

Started by SMuz, April 14, 2009, 05:31:59 AM

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 23, 2009, 04:30:26 PM
illogical my ass. All the scrawny chicks in here should kick you in your curves.

LMAO

I stopped reading after the first few posts.

I just have one thing to say... all of those supermodel PCs look like courtesans to my characters.  You are ridiculous.  You should all be slapped for trying to be pretty in game because you don't think you're pretty in real life.  I'll let you in on a secret, most of you are prettier than you think you are... so STOP MAKING BEAUTIFUL PCS!!!  This goes for a few people that I know play nothing but bombshells.

That is all.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It strikes me as odd that the focus in this thread is overwhelmingly on what makes women attractive, and not men.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

April 24, 2009, 12:49:12 PM #53 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:05:55 PM by Ampere
say (as a contorted limb gesticulates awkwardly, his distorted voice passing through a drooling grin) Gahhhhh doi, the only consistently desirable trait is symmetry, anything beyond that is obviously cultural.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Within the bounds of reasonable expectation, people can play what they want on Armageddon.  This does mean that there are some beautiful people.  Is there an overwhelming amount of beautiful people?  I certainly don't think so.  Would it improve a player to reach out to an uglier role as opposed to the smoking hot norm that they play?  Absolutely.  Would it be enjoyable for them?  Can't say, but I'd like to think the challenge would be nice for them.

I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

In vampire I used to play Nosferatu alot.  Then creep out the other players with my ability to pull more tail than them.

Girls love a hunchback.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Quote from: staggerlee on April 24, 2009, 12:46:13 PM
It strikes me as odd that the focus in this thread is overwhelmingly on what makes women attractive, and not men.
Because the men make big buff dudes that aren't necessarily attractive... they're all Arnold with varying descriptions.  Some men think that that's all they need to be attractive, instead of looking like Zack Efron, someone that is actually attractive instead of just big and buff.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

April 24, 2009, 10:47:09 PM #57 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:49:06 PM by SMuz
Dude, it's a fantasy game. I can make my PCs attractive if that's what I want. I don't always do so.. and I bet some people play nothing but uglies, and nobody ever criticizes them. I do find most bombshells pretty boring and my character didn't even bother to grope one which he knocked out.

Well, since I am male and tend to play male characters, it's natural that I'd write about what I find attractive in women. Would be interesting to have some comments from the female side about what type of men they find attractive :P
[Personally, I think it's because women (claim to) not care about looks, they're attracted to personality]
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 24, 2009, 10:47:09 PM
Dude, it's a fantasy game. I can make my PCs attractive if that's what I want. I don't always do so.. and I bet some people play nothing but uglies, and nobody ever criticizes them.

Well, since I am male and tend to play male characters, it's natural that I'd write about what I find attractive in women. Would be interesting to have some comments from the female side about what type of men they find attractive :P
[Personally, I think it's because women (claim to) not care about looks, they're attracted to personality]

*cough* Of course women care about looks. And I'd expect men to be able to  recognize what's attractive in another man as well.
I think it's more like a demographic problem...  to be coy about it.

To stay more on topic... I have an idea of what attractive men and women should look like. They should be fashionable!  Fashion docs are fun, I strongly advise people use them.  And some of us do notice if you're horribly out of fashion, or worse yet, wearing the wrong fashion.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Quote from: staggerlee on April 24, 2009, 10:51:43 PM
I think it's more like a demographic problem...  to be coy about it.

Teehee
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Dude, it's a fantasy game. I can make my PCs attractive if that's what I want. I don't always do so.. and I bet some people play nothing but uglies, and nobody ever criticizes them.

*cough* Of course women care about looks. And I'd expect men to be able to  recognize what's attractive in another man as well.

Moustaches.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on April 24, 2009, 11:16:23 PM

Moustaches.

The larger the better.

Regarding fashion:

Just because your value skill shows that it's made in the north..doesn't mean it's a northern design. There are certain materials that are only available in the north, and *politically neutral merchant houses* who make these items..will typically make them in whichever city those raw materials are most easily acquired. Regardless of the actual design.

So there are things that are perfect for southerners to wear, that are made in Tuluk. And things that are absolutely appropriate for northerners to wear, that are made in Allanak. And some things..are actually *intended* for tribals..or for *anyone* who wants to be like the Urban Cowboy and pretend to look like a tribal..that are made in north or south but suitable for either.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It's sometimes sad when the IC documentation regarding clothing is rarely used.

It'd be interesting to include sexual attractiveness in clothing as well. Consider Allanak, less skin but tighter around the body-showing the frame better. I imagine a man from Allanak in this regard would be completely boggled and/or turned off by a Tuluki girl, just due to her clothes.

For an example, would many American/Western men be attracted to Arabic women in nations such as Saudia Arabia, where very conservative clothes are required? No. They look at it as repression. Same with a arabic man and a western women.

I'd like to see maybe a fraction of this IG. The clothing one wears is a very important aspect of attractiveness.

vessol, if more "stylish" clothes were more affordable for commoners of both city states .... you might. I personally have tried to find such clothes at an affordable prince in nak but the tightest fitting thing I found in sandcloth was a tribal outfit!!!

maybe i'm just not looking at the kadian stock close enough?

Why are you limiting yourself to checking an NPC in a single shop, when there are several shops, and PCs you can refer to for assistance? If your RP choices are limiting you, then there really isn't any complaint. The opportunities exist, whether it's IC for your character to take advantage of them or not.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I would probably buy "fashion" clothes if I could keep them somewhere safe, and keep my "work" clothes somewhere safe.  As it is, trying to collect anything remotely valuable is futile, unless you can lock it up in an estate somewhere.  Eventually, -someone- will come around and loot everything you own.

So, you know...I'll just keep on living out of my pack like a hobo.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

April 25, 2009, 02:27:38 PM #67 Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:31:40 PM by staggerlee
Quote from: Synthesis on April 25, 2009, 02:11:40 PM
I would probably buy "fashion" clothes if I could keep them somewhere safe, and keep my "work" clothes somewhere safe.  As it is, trying to collect anything remotely valuable is futile, unless you can lock it up in an estate somewhere.  Eventually, -someone- will come around and loot everything you own.

I kept three suits of clothing and a suit of armor and switched steadily between then for 6 months to a year on a character, variously using apartments and clan compounds for storage. Robbery was not much of an issue.

I'm sure people have the other kind of anecdotal evidence too, but it can work.

Edit to add: This is however the number one reason I want to see more accessible housing/storage. Everyone should be able to afford somewhere to put a change of clothes, and then maybe people would stop wearing backpacks to the bar. 

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 25, 2009, 01:32:53 PMmaybe i'm just not looking at the kadian stock close enough?

Totally look at Kadius, not just shops but their agents, crafters, etc. There are so many clothes and styles available through them for commoners that adhere to the fashion trends of both the north and the south at affordable prices. Also look to indy tailors.

That said, looking like a tribal could be fashionable. Start a new trend!
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

Quote from: staggerlee on April 25, 2009, 02:27:38 PM

I kept three suits of clothing and a suit of armor and switched steadily between then for 6 months to a year on a character, variously using apartments and clan compounds for storage. Robbery was not much of an issue.

Edit to add: This is however the number one reason I want to see more accessible housing/storage. Everyone should be able to afford somewhere to put a change of clothes, and then maybe people would stop wearing backpacks to the bar. 

I've only had one apartment, ever, that was never burglarized to death, and that was only because a) it was 1800 'sid a month and b) there were like 5 'gickers living up in it.

The last place I had? They even took my crafting tools and raw materials.

Quote from: Synthesis on April 25, 2009, 03:39:08 PM
Quote from: staggerlee on April 25, 2009, 02:27:38 PM

I've only had one apartment, ever, that was never burglarized to death, and that was only because a) it was 1800 'sid a month and b) there were like 5 'gickers living up in it.

The last place I had? They even took my crafting tools and raw materials.

Never been robbed, and I've had apartments for RL weeks at a time.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

The only time I ever played someone that was burgled (that's the correct word, by the way), I walked in on the person burgling me and fun times commenced.  I always wonder why you people complain about burglars so much.  I guess I'm lucky.

Quote from: spawnloser on April 25, 2009, 09:29:29 PM
...burgled (that's the correct word, by the way)...

burglarize - 4 dictionary results
bur⋅glar⋅ize
   /ˈbɜrgləˌraɪz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bur-gluh-rahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1.    to break into and steal from: Thieves burglarized the warehouse.
–verb (used without object)
2.    to commit burglary.
Also, especially British, bur⋅glar⋅ise.

I don't see what the point of the "burglarly denial" is.  It happens, and a lot of people live out of their packs or their clan footlockers because of it.

Having broken into quite a few apartments myself, I can see the first-hand results of it:  nowadays, there is almost nothing worth stealing in the average apartment.  People apparently use them only for mudsex and assassinations.  Also, being on the other end of it, as I've stated before, as soon as I -leave- something worthwhile in my apartment, it disappears within a week or two, without fail.  (Don't ask me how the -fuck- you sneak past the guard with an armful of poles and a fucking halberd, btw.)

As this pertains to fashion:  I only have one set of gear--the shit I'm currently wearing. As soon as it's feasible to own more than that, I'll buy more than that and keep it.

Locking this thread because it is seems to be done, given how far it is straying off topic.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!