I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

I am like, off-peak on-peak off-peak. I AM ALWAYS AROUND. it's great fun, and I see plenty of off-peakers.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Tallulah on April 24, 2009, 05:25:27 AM
Quote from: Maso on April 24, 2009, 03:31:24 AM
Quote from: Tallulah on April 22, 2009, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: Maso on April 21, 2009, 02:16:46 PM
I'd like to encourage....more offpeakers to play offpeak.

I have a feeling we actually have a ton of offpeakers, who just log in during the limited peak times they can manage and avoid offpeak because it's known for being 'lame'. I think if we all logged in during offpeak it'd be PARTY TIME.

I would imagine a lot of people don't play off peak is probably because they're in the USA and working during off peak hours.  They are called peak for a reason.

I'm only talking about players who live in timezones that make them 'offpeak players'....

Ah.  You didn't specify that.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

i've been off-peak for the last few months a bit and i still haven't seen another PC :(

Maybe its where im playing...
Free your hate.

I play all over the clock and there are plenty of hopping off-peak players. You just have to be smart as to where you play. Don't pick a fringe tribe or clan if you only get to play in the middle of the night US time.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Nile on April 24, 2009, 07:16:48 PM
i've been off-peak for the last few months a bit and i still haven't seen another PC :(

Maybe its where im playing...

I'd just make sure you're hitting up one of the big city states and not hiding indoors all the time. >>
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'd like to encourage attractive characters to spend some effort working on their looks. Granted, I suppose most do, but if you're not, then you should.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 26, 2009, 08:03:29 AM
I'd like to encourage attractive characters to spend some effort working on their looks. Granted, I suppose most do, but if you're not, then you should.

Ooh, never thought of this before--that's a good point. Your face is clean? Well, alright... but dump out a waterskin every other week or something.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I'd like to encourage people to stay on topic on threads, not to troll, and not to degenerate into bickering and flaming.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

... people to engage themselves in awesome culture like a certain new clan.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

...people to try new clans, in general. There have been several clans that I just hated, but after trying them I have a totally different perspective on them.

I've seen it done before and I thought it was pretty damn cool, actually.

I'd like to encourage myself to actually log in.  :-\

Today's the day, I can feel it!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I made a ranger character with a very attractive desc (didn't even realise the desc was attractive until a few days after I had her). Because she had soft skin, I'd keep her under a cloak at all times and make her hide in caves during a sandstorm. And if I had some water to spare, I'd use some bulbous sacs to clean her hair. Also kept the hair short to keep sand out. It was fun. Pity she spent so much time outdoors and under cloaks that nobody ever saw her sdesc.

I'd like to encourage the next character who wants to make a whore to make a male one. The game needs more PC manwhores. After all, there's plenty of female nobles and templars who get just a bit lonely at times. And male nobles too, if that's where you want your character to lean ;)

(I think it's a bit hard because prostitutes are generally not too confident, but a man has to be very confident to be considered attractive)
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 30, 2009, 09:27:15 AM
I'd like to encourage the next character who wants to make a whore to make a male one. The game needs more PC manwhores. After all, there's plenty of female nobles and templars who get just a bit lonely at times. And male nobles too, if that's where you want your character to lean ;)

(I think it's a bit hard because prostitutes are generally not too confident, but a man has to be very confident to be considered attractive)

That.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Next character.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I haven't seen any Zalanthan whores in six months.

Quote from: jcljules on April 30, 2009, 04:44:48 PM
You must not be playing.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on April 30, 2009, 04:59:16 PM
You must not be playing.

Well I've seen plenty of "Whores."

Just not, well, prostitutes.

Quote from: jcljules on April 30, 2009, 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: Archbaron on April 30, 2009, 04:59:16 PM
You must not be playing.

Well I've seen plenty of "Whores."

Just not, well, prostitutes.
I've played a high-class whore within the past six months!
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 26, 2009, 10:44:38 AM

Amen, brother.

I keep thinking about wanting to play a little. Really. I do. I swear.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on April 30, 2009, 10:23:45 PM
Quote from: Zoltan on April 26, 2009, 10:44:38 AM

Amen, brother.

I keep thinking about wanting to play a little. Really. I do. I swear.

If I remember correctly, I actually -did- log in that day... a lot. Or maybe it was the next. My last character rocked; this one's a lot harder to get into. Guess they call 'em throw-aways for a reason.

I can feel myself getting pumped up again for Arm, though!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I'd like to encourage people to try something new with their next character, if you feel like (or you KNOW) you are stuck in a certain niche.

Doesn't matter what it is. Try something you didn't do.

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 01, 2009, 07:00:12 AM
I'd like to encourage people to try something new with their next character, if you feel like (or you KNOW) you are stuck in a certain niche.

Doesn't matter what it is. Try something you didn't do.

Been thinking about just this thing.  My Karma went up a point several months ago, giving me the chance to try out a new option that had begun to capture my interest and imagination some, so I think I'll try it out on my next character.

..Of course, considering how long my current character has survived, that may be a while.  I fully expected myself to a) get them killed or b) become bored with them, to the point of storage.  They still live (knock on wood), and while I've gone through spots of boredom and disconnection, they still hold a great deal of interest to me.  I mean, they've got an actual IG history, instead of the virtual one they came with at creation.  This hasn't happened that often for my characters, and I like to keep them around for as long as possible, when it does.

I'd like to encourage everyone to have at least one, good long-lived character.  Props, if it's combat oriented and survives some crazy shit.  The stories you'll be able to tell will be fantastic, trust me.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on May 01, 2009, 07:32:36 AM
I'd like to encourage everyone to have at least one, good long-lived character.  Props, if it's combat oriented and survives some crazy shit.  The stories you'll be able to tell will be fantastic, trust me.

So true. The longer the life, the more interesting things you could unlock. You guys should totally make a character with the purpose of living long ;)

Quote from: SMuz on May 01, 2009, 08:33:44 AM

So true. The longer the life, the more interesting things you could unlock. You guys should totally make a character with the purpose of living long ;)

this is while most characters don't. because if your character was real, that would be his only goal, to live long.

You guy should totally STOP making chars that do not value their own life highly.