I'd Like To Encourage

Started by Is Friday, February 21, 2009, 02:50:09 PM

Plenty of Psi's have been well and subtly played with an emphasis of a defensive nature. You just only see the bad ones. Like with everything really.

Less talk about Psi's. It's so bordering the line of IC info! This is a very mysterious, sekret part of the game. Lets not spoil it for others....Before we all get in trouble.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I'd like to encourage people to stop complaining about a guild or clan in the game, because they have one or two isolated experiences that soured their opinions.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 21, 2009, 03:25:13 AM
I'd like to encourage people to stop complaining about a guild or clan in the game, because they have one or two isolated experiences that soured their opinions.

AMEN.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on April 21, 2009, 03:26:08 AM

AMEN.

A-fucking-men, indeed.

Quote from: Maso on April 21, 2009, 03:26:08 AM

AMEN.

Hallelujah, brother.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

*shrug* I barely ever gripe. I just hate psions. So what?

I'd like to encourage people to let me have my opinions, and bash shit once in a blue moon. Bastards.

*goes back into hiding*

April 21, 2009, 03:46:41 AM #181 Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:48:50 AM by Salt Merchant
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 21, 2009, 02:54:31 AM
All the more reason to hate and kill them, right?

Hate, yes. The killing part is tricky at best, because they're so difficult to identify.

"because of one or two sour experiences". I love this community.  ::)
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Rhyden on April 21, 2009, 03:35:44 AM
I'd like to encourage people to let me have my opinions.

This.

Apparently someone struck a nerve.  ::)

Quote from: Eloran on April 21, 2009, 01:04:00 PM

Apparently someone struck a nerve.  ::)

What struck a nerve, was the insinuation that psionicists exist solely to ruin plots. So do warriors, assassins, elementalists, and city elves, though c-elves only ruin their own plots, due to being horribly borked.

What few psions I've come across or known, have used their powers in complete fairness and necessarily. I've had my plots ruined more by elementalists and sorcerors more than psions, and we don't need another scapegoat for people to whine about.

I've seen c-elves screw up psi plots.  >:(

April 21, 2009, 01:29:24 PM #185 Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:35:12 PM by elvenchipmunk
If psions are using their powers fairly, that's great. I know myself that I would just prefer if they didn't exist at all, even if they are using their powers fairly. This does in fact hit a nerve with me, I simply do not like the concept of them, but I suppose this is all for another thread.

Right, encouragement: I encourage people to hire other people to do their dirty work for them. If you're already doing this, great! If not, great! But if the chance arises, hire other people!
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

April 21, 2009, 01:43:53 PM #186 Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:52:51 PM by Eloran
Quote from: Riev on April 21, 2009, 01:21:03 PM
What struck a nerve, was the insinuation that psionicists exist solely to ruin plots.

No one said or insinuated psionicists exist solely to ruin plots.

What few psions I've come across or known, have used their powers in complete fairness and necessarily.

That's great. I've played with several, and out of that group less than half used their powers responsibly. We just have differing opinions/experiences on the matter. That doesn't mean you have to jump to the guild's defense just because a few players voice their dislike for them.

I've had my plots ruined more by elementalists and sorcerors more than psions, and we don't need another scapegoat for people to whine about.

No one was whining man. Rhyden and a couple other players voiced their dislike of the guild. I encouraged players of psionicists to learn the voice of their mark, as well as how they act and respond to given situations before moving forward with their own machinations.

EDIT: Better Maso?

I hate this thread. TOO MANY HINTS AT IC INFO. :(

Right, encouragement: I encourage people to hire other people to do their dirty work for them. If you're already doing this, great! If not, great! But if the chance arises, hire other people!

I encourage people to be available for hire to do the dirty work.

As long as an attempt is being made, I'm sure at some point the employer/dirtyworker will cross paths ;D
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

I'd like to encourage....more offpeakers to play offpeak.

I have a feeling we actually have a ton of offpeakers, who just log in during the limited peak times they can manage and avoid offpeak because it's known for being 'lame'. I think if we all logged in during offpeak it'd be PARTY TIME.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure people don't log in during off peak because it's off peak. Not because it's "lame".

Quote from: Maso on April 21, 2009, 02:16:46 PM

I have a feeling we actually have a ton of offpeakers, who just log in during the limited peak times they can manage and avoid offpeak because it's known for being 'lame'. I think if we all logged in during offpeak it'd be PARTY TIME.
I tried that once as a clan recruiter. I felt so lonely. But the times where it wasn't lonely were awesome. Doesn't beat peak, though.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

No! Because of the damn offpeakers, I was on SO late the sun was starting to rise. I sacrificed my body and my life to play with the offpeakers, and what did I get for it? WHAT?

.... the answer is, some AWESOME RP experiences.

I would imagine a lot of people don't play off peak is probably because they're in the USA and working during off peak hours.  They are called peak for a reason.

I play off peak a lot. I never find anyone anymore. :-(
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Eloran on April 21, 2009, 01:43:53 PM
That's great. I've played with several, and out of that group less than half used their powers responsibly. We just have differing opinions/experiences on the matter. That doesn't mean you have to jump to the guild's defense just because a few players voice their dislike for them.

Players don't have to use their guild's powers responsibly. They're well within their rights to RP it out that the power has gotten to their character's head and he uses and abuses it. The thing with mindbenders is that there (typically) was checks and balances to this power that kept players from abusing the potential power of the class. Basically it boiled down to: get found out and you were humped. This encouraged a highly defensive and passive playstyle if you wanted to survive as a mindbender and you were always a single mistake away from potential doom. The period that I'm presuming you're talking about is when the checks and balances were thrown out the window by the Imms and players were allowed to get away with murder. I guess this was as the Imms thought the game might be closing soon enough. I think it left a number of people with a sour taste in their mouth about mindbenders though as, without the usual restrictions being ranged against them, they're extremely powerful and dangerous. I played as a well-advanced mindbender in the hidden times and the open times. The former was a lot of fun. The latter was awful in my opinion.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Quote from: Riev on April 21, 2009, 09:55:12 PM

No! Because of the damn offpeakers, I was on SO late the sun was starting to rise. I sacrificed my body and my life to play with the offpeakers, and what did I get for it? WHAT?

.... the answer is, some AWESOME RP experiences.

There was one time late at night when I was chatting it up with this one guy. Can't say anything too IC, but the conversation lasted for HOURS, and it was all relevant. And awesome.

....too bad it was with an NPC :(

MOAR OFFPEAKERZ!!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Tallulah on April 22, 2009, 11:03:55 AM

I would imagine a lot of people don't play off peak is probably because they're in the USA and working during off peak hours.  They are called peak for a reason.

I'm only talking about players who live in timezones that make them 'offpeak players'....

Quote from: Maso on April 24, 2009, 03:31:24 AM
Quote from: Tallulah on April 22, 2009, 11:03:55 AM

I'm only talking about players who live in timezones that make them 'offpeak players'....

Ah.  You didn't specify that.