WAGUNS. VEEGUNS. WAYGUNS.

Started by Lakota, February 12, 2009, 02:44:11 PM

I personally think having a multitude of wagons rolling about in the game would be all sorts of fucking cool.

Can you imagine what this would do for raiding? Merchants would have to hire pc guards to stand watch on the entrance and ward off any attackers.

Raids could be planned and carried out against caravans.

My proposal: Make wagonmaking, you know, not useless. Flesh it out and complete the skill so that the character can make more than just a few wheels.

Give independents the ability to construct their own wagon, given they have the space and enough resources. No more jumping through unrealistic hoops just to get a one-room shack on wheels. If the player has the obsidian, will, ambition, and manpower to accomplish, I think it should be supported unquestionably.

I would -love- to have more wagons in-game.

Love, love, love, love.

I think the reason behind not making it viable is because a new "area" would have to be coded to officially make it, which make a whole new work load for the imms. Plus if every crafter who could make a wagon, did, there would be a butt load of wagons rolling about!

Add: I would also love more wagons, though I don't think they should be extremely available.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Rickshaws.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: VanthIf we ever did implement this, they would probably be more like silt skimmers.

(For those of you who never got to go on a silt skimmer, they were just like table objects, but you could pilot them around.)

Is this a type of wagon that people would be interested in?
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

A little shack-cart like that would be awesome, actually.  Makes more sense for anybody without (impressive) means to throw together a rickety old piece of shit to carry their goods from the farm to the city.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Vanth on February 12, 2009, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: VanthIf we ever did implement this, they would probably be more like silt skimmers.

(For those of you who never got to go on a silt skimmer, they were just like table objects, but you could pilot them around.)

Yes, very much. Assuming it can carry both people and some limited quantity of cargo.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

That would be great if a cart or something like that could be crafted by someone with the know-how.

Very much.  It's great color, and takes transporting noncombatants out from under the de facto GMH monopoly.  (How do you, as a raptor-fearin' civvie, get to Luirsfest?  Hitch a ride on one of two argosies, more or less.)

I imagine that these would be objects that wouldn't save through crashes/reboots unless parked in a save room?  (Unlike the multi-room wagons, AFAIK.)

If a single-room, enterable wagon wouldn't be doable, that concept would work perfectly.

I could imagine a few generic varieties:
- a small cart
- a large cart
- an open-top wagon

Then, depending on the wood used and the color of paint used, crafters could create a few varieties to help keep things apart.

- an orange cart of baobab wood
- a bright green-painted, pymlithe cart
- a blue and grey open-top wagon

Fun!  Then when you arrive somewhere, the merchant really would need guards or a servant to help unload the cart and bring the goods in to safety.  The danger would be stabling them, I guess?
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

OH that would be BADASS VANTH!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I hope there will be ways, as raiders, to stop wagons.

Yayayaya.!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

>throw spear wagon wheel
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

A pull cart taxi service situated outside the sanctuary would rock.
We would have to have cymbal hats for the 'drivers' though.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: mansa on February 12, 2009, 03:47:13 PM

Yayayaya.!

>guard north

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

If wagons can be created, they should be able to break down or be destroyed.

Easy solution: give wagons HP and stamina (to reflect the stamina of the mounts pulling it).

There's a "carriage" in the south, that I think has an erdlu hitched to it. Or used to have a kank hitched to it, or something like that.

If players were able to craft *small* carriage-type things, and hitch them to appropriate mounts...so those mounts would still be subject to getting tired, would -not- be able to have something packed on it because it's already burdened with dragging a carriage along..

But the carriage could hold a pilot's bench, and perhaps a box and a water cask...or a shelf along the back wall of the structure. It would be semi-enclosed, just like an old fashioned surrey. 2-3 person capacity. A companion and a hired guard, for instance.

No "rooms." No room to put a mount ON it. The mount would be pulling it. And the mount pulling it would still need to rest at times, though possibly not -as- often since it's not bearing the load on its back and the wagon has wheels. So maybe if this wagon went off-road, the mount would get tired a lot more quickly than if you were riding it off road. But if it followed the road, it could make it from Nak to Tuluk without breaking a sweat.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Cutthroat on February 12, 2009, 03:58:53 PM
If wagons can be created, they should be able to break down or be destroyed.

Easy solution: give wagons HP and stamina (to reflect the stamina of the mounts pulling it).

Can you imagine the code letting you set one on fire?  :o

*drrooOOOOOOLS*

Quote from: mansa on February 12, 2009, 03:47:13 PM

Guard; plus, it sounds like those "in" one would be just as vulnerable as people sitting at a bar/table.

A new bright green-painted, pymlithe cart has arrived from the south.
> guard north
> look
The North Road [NSEWUD]
  A dusty road stretches north and south across the rocky wasteland, creeping you out with its ominously smooth stones.
A new bright green-painted, pymlithe cart is here.
The tall, muscular man is sitting in a new bright green-painted, pymlithe cart.
> look cart
It's bright, green, painted, and pymlithey.  Definitely pymlithey.
On a new bright green painted, pymlithe cart:
  the tall, muscular man
  many large chunks of unworked obsidian
> shout Yeh got t' pay the toll!
You shout, in sirihish,
  "Yeh got t' pay the toll!"
You prevent a new bright green-painted, pymlithe cart from moving north.
You prevent a new bright green-painted, pymlithe cart from moving north.
> ep crossbow
> shoot amos
You steady yourself and take aim...

Quote from: Lakota on February 12, 2009, 04:04:44 PM

> hold torch
> light torch
> throw torch cart

> get waterskin
> pour waterskin cart

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 12, 2009, 04:20:30 PM
Quote from: Lakota on February 12, 2009, 04:04:44 PM

> hold torch
> light torch
> throw torch cart

> get waterskin
> pour waterskin cart

>pour waterskin cart
The cart lights up with more flames as you pour your whiskey into the burning.
You are now on Fire!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one