You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you walk down a hallway, stop and look at someone and then quickly walk past them.

Double points if you are wearing a hoodie and put the hood up when you see them coming your way.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

When you actually take a shit IRL and make your IC character ldesc the same thing.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on January 15, 2009, 04:31:45 AM
When you actually take a shit IRL and make your IC character ldesc the same thing.

emote grabs the closest magazine and begins leafing through it.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

When an elf character joins the party in a book you've been reading and for the rest of the book you wonder why he hasn't fucked over the group or stole anything yet.  At the books end when the elf is still just one of the innocent heroes without even a dirty little secret you feel like the author had no clue what the fuck she was doing.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on January 15, 2009, 01:15:44 PM
When an elf character joins the party in a book you've been reading and for the rest of the book you wonder why he hasn't fucked over the group or stole anything yet.  At the books end when the elf is still just one of the innocent heroes without even a dirty little secret you feel like the author had no clue what the fuck she was doing.
Heh, I love to hate the elves in Arm. Also the ones in Dwarf Fortress. Why are all the other elves out there so lame? :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

after thanksgiving dinner you eye the turkey bones and think, "I can make a good knife after that."
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Quote from: askaran on January 18, 2009, 12:05:18 AM
after thanksgiving dinner you eye the turkey bones and think, "I can make a good knife after that."

> Salvage Wishbone
You tear apart a Wishbone, looking for a useful piece..

You get a short end from a Wishbone!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Think: I can make a dart from that..
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

When you are burning so much meat in arm, trying to cook that you forget to check on your RL supper, and burn it as well. I blame it on method acting.

...you play Arm from Baghdad, Iraq.

...you do night missions in the twisty, confusing, close roads of the Muhallas (neighborhoods) and picture yourself as a naughty bynner going into the rinth.

Quote from: Dan on January 18, 2009, 11:49:59 AM
...you play Arm from Baghdad, Iraq.

...you do night missions in the twisty, confusing, close roads of the Muhallas (neighborhoods) and picture yourself as a naughty bynner going into the rinth.

That is hard to beat.

When I was playing in Iraq, I was actually in the Allanaki militia.

> think In the name of the Highlord!

> shoot insurgent n
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

When you actually ask "your guy" for spice instead of pot.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on January 19, 2009, 01:19:06 AM
When you actually ask "your guy" for spice instead of pot.

And your guys reaction to this? lol

Did rumors hit the streets about a new type of weed called Thodeliv?
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

In my, of course, purely hypothetical situation ... he asked me if I had already smoked something else before I came to see him.

When you play armageddon on your blackberry at 5 am while waiting at the airport for a flight
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

When you set up a twitter account then realize it's dumb because yours always reads 'is playing arm'

... you dream about branching skills and get depressed when you wake up and realize you didn't.

Quote from: musashi on January 20, 2009, 08:46:28 AM
... you dream about branching skills and get depressed when you wake up and realize you didn't.

I've done this at least once.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I did that once... in a way. I noticed I didn't have a skill my subguild was supposed to have in the dream. Woke up, and emailed the staff about it and had it added a few hours later. Crazy.

Quote from: Dan on January 20, 2009, 07:58:17 PM
I did that once... in a way. I noticed I didn't have a skill my subguild was supposed to have in the dream. Woke up, and emailed the staff about it and had it added a few hours later. Crazy.

DreamMail. It's the new wave of the future. Next will come Dream-vertisments.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

(Gasp)  The Way DOES exist, lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

...when you don't sleep for days at a time.

Quote from: Dan on January 21, 2009, 02:05:07 AM
...when you don't sleep for days at a time.

You count in days.. and not weeks? Rookie. ::)

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You know you're addicted to armageddon when you can count RL time as IG days... and get it right every time...
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors