You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on January 02, 2009, 04:54:39 PM
When you play in the same elf tribe for 6 years.
... let it go, man, let it go.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

When you see a tattoo in game and start wondering how much it would cost, where you should get it, and how large.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: AJM on December 22, 2008, 02:13:49 PM
When you get separated from your friend in a mall, and try to 'way' them
So many times, I've done this...

Then I've realized the 'Way' doesn't exist and I flip out my cell phone. :P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When you spend quality sleeping time mulling over things you'd have liked to have done differently on Arm. Particularly the night after a character dies.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

You have a whiteboard detailing relationships between different characters.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on January 04, 2009, 07:57:38 AM
You have a whiteboard detailing relationships between different characters.

That is BRILLIANT! Totally need a white board!

When you stay up until 3:30 am RPing, and don't want to leave your computer, so you seep on the couch next to it.... And wake up at 10 freakin am!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: deviant storm on January 04, 2009, 01:07:27 AM
When you spend quality sleeping time mulling over things you'd have liked to have done differently on Arm. Particularly the night after a character dies.

Is guilty of this -especially- after a character dies who had alot of potential and it was a lame death.

Quote from: deviant storm on January 04, 2009, 01:07:27 AM

When you stay up too late playing, and start to fall asleep, and "dream" about Arm, and when you wake up, you can't remember it that really happened or not.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

When waiting for an app aproval burns this much.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: tortall on January 04, 2009, 11:25:36 AM
When you stay up too late playing, and start to fall asleep, and "dream" about Arm, and when you wake up, you can't remember it that really happened or not.
I do this like every morning.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

when you see people, and the first thing you think is, "look woman" or "look [insert discription]"

lol, my favorite so far is, "look <color>"
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

When you get your second wind for Arming at 3 am.... After 14 straight hours.
The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

When you try to nick a knife off of someone's belt and get caught  :-\

When you IM someone or text them and you start each sentance with say or talk, when you find yourself reaching for your hood everytime you go outside.

Quote from: tortall on January 06, 2009, 03:02:16 AM

Girl...You need to get some sunlight.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on January 06, 2009, 05:26:12 AM

Seriously. That level of addiction just isn't healthy.

January 06, 2009, 06:23:13 AM #91 Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:48:05 AM by FightClub
Not to be an ass or anything, but the Armageddon community, is the last place I'd go looking for advice on how to live my life.  If he/she/it wants to play for 14 hours continuously, and enjoys doing it, then by all means do it, and do it well.  Life is short, and meant to be enjoyed, if you enjoy doing what you're doing, then why change that?

I mean face it, doing anything has its dangers.  Playing armageddon for fourteen hours straight has medical issues, what doesn't? You smoke, you get lung cancer, you drink, you get kidney failure, you go out in the sun for too long, you get skin cancer, you drive, you're liable to get into a wreck.  The way I see it, playing on the computer is one of the least damaging things in life, with pollution, wreckless drivers, second hand smoke -- I'd rather take my chances here.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I had an Arm dream last night, which is unusual.

My character was backstabbed down to somewhere between lights-out and mantis.  As (s)he lay there, I was trying to get an emote typed out, but I kept fumbling and making typos.

:lies here sprawled and bloody, in exactly the manner that healthy conscious people usually don't.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on January 06, 2009, 10:36:22 AM
I had an Arm dream last night, which is unusual.

My character was backstabbed down to somewhere between lights-out and mantis.  As (s)he lay there, I was trying to get an emote typed out, but I kept fumbling and making typos.

:lies here sprawled and bloody, in exactly the manner that healthy conscious people usually don't.

lol awesome
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

Quote from: a strange shadow on January 06, 2009, 06:04:21 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on January 06, 2009, 05:26:12 AM

Seriously. That level of addiction just isn't healthy.

I love your, Tortle, but it is time for intervention... seriously.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FightClub on January 06, 2009, 06:23:13 AM
Not to be an ass or anything, but the Armageddon community, is the last place I'd go looking for advice on how to live my life.  If he/she/it wants to play for 14 hours continuously, and enjoys doing it, then by all means do it, and do it well.  Life is short, and meant to be enjoyed, if you enjoy doing what you're doing, then why change that?

I mean face it, doing anything has its dangers.  Playing armageddon for fourteen hours straight has medical issues, what doesn't? You smoke, you get lung cancer, you drink, you get kidney failure, you go out in the sun for too long, you get skin cancer, you drive, you're liable to get into a wreck.  The way I see it, playing on the computer is one of the least damaging things in life, with pollution, wreckless drivers, second hand smoke -- I'd rather take my chances here.

Hehe, Reiloth loves me, as does everyone else. I'm everyone's favroite addict.

But seriously, for those that actually talk to me, I was gone most of last week, being ~gasp~ social! Plus, with my back injury, and no school right right... What else is there to do?

When you dream about it all night and don't feel like you've gotten ANY sleep.

The man asks you:
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

When you spend several minutes thinking up a name for your mount. For titling it, in game.
Choose thy fate:

Minutes?  I spent days trying to come up with a clever name for a character's pet rock.   :P

Your mount didn't come with a name?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I mean the name you title your beetle/ox/inix/whathaveyou. So you can pick it out of the bunch for whatever purposes, if you travel with other riders somewhere.

Usually when I buy a mount it doesn't come with a name. An sdesc and main desc yes, but not a name. Those I give them, basing the name on what I think my character would be inclined that particular mount.
Choose thy fate: