OOC notes on NPCs / Items / Rooms / PCs

Started by mansa, November 04, 2008, 10:49:17 PM

Hi,

I think that all Items, NPCs, Rooms, and PCs should have an OOC entry space, similar to the bio entries.

As in, multiple entries with infinite space to write information.

PCs should be able to see and update and add their own OOC entry, but not be able to see any of the OOC information on NPCs, Items, and Rooms.

Examples:

item 12544: 
October 12, 2004
- Created by Account Mansa, Character Billy.   A gift for Borsail Noble Jilly for selling Billy a few pleasure slaves.   Not to be reproduced unless for a Borsail Noble of rank SENIOR and with a mastercrafter available in House Kadius.
January 4, 2008
- Loaded up for Borsail Noble Tilly after giving Kadius 200,000 coins towards a copper bathtub.
Feb 20, 2008
- Stolen by Milly the pickpocket
Feb 21, 2008
- Milly died and item was lost in crash.

room 84848:
January 34, 2000
- Created room for Guild.  Secret invisible closet that only whirans and sorcerers can see.  Secret room to the south with keyword 'Trapdoor'.
Has Desk, Table, Cot, and Chest
May 4, 2008
- Added a crate after PC Billy asked for one.

npc 3433:
March 14, 2003:
Created as a guard for House Tenneshi by Account Mansa, Character Joe.
March 23, 2003:
Helped Joe kill PC Moe
March 25, 2003:
Helped Joe kill PC Foe
Helped Joe kill PC Loe
Helped Joe kill PC Koe
March 26, 2003:
Died while Joe was attacked by Noe

April 2, 2004:
Loaded up again for Character Blah, Account Blah

Character Mansa
June 1, 2007:
Hired JOE into clan as Guard
June 3, 2007:
Hired MOE into clan as Guard
June 4, 2007:
Fired JOE. 
Waiting for lost items:
Hat
Clothes
Coat
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

This is in the works for Arm 2, and we have some ability to do this on a small scale on Arm 1.  It is not something we would invest in for Arm 1.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

What a tremendous idea. I'll be happy to see this someday!
"The perfect police state has no police." - William S. Burroughs

Yay.

I know that information is hard to track, and this is just another way to keep track of it.

If it's for Armageddon 2.0, I'm sure the immortal staff will have fancy web applications that can edit all of this information without having to be inside the game, too!

oooooo.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

isn't anyone else imagining how cool it would be to have a spell that would access all the ooc notes like this?

I think the above would be cool.

Additionally, just having this information would be a helpful resource to staff and allow players to mark the world a bit more.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.