Luir's Outpost

Started by Is Friday, August 05, 2008, 01:40:34 PM

Reminding everyone that Luir's Outpost is a great place to be playing. All comers welcome!

p.s. All those only slightly interested also please note that we are a bit short of female population. Where's all the gritty women?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I endorse this post for president.

Sorry. This thread is under the post count of 35 and therefore ineligible for election.

Quote from: Yam on August 05, 2008, 02:16:29 PM
Sorry. This thread is under the post count of 35 and therefore ineligible for election.

This post has an awesome energy policy and it's voting record is solid.  More updates later.

Quote from: Is Friday on August 05, 2008, 01:40:34 PM
Reminding everyone that Luir's Outpost is a great place to be playing. All comers welcome!

p.s. All those only slightly interested also please note that we are a bit short of female population. Where's all the gritty women?

how about some gritty manboobs instead?

Quote from: Agent_137 on August 07, 2008, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on August 05, 2008, 01:40:34 PM

how about some gritty manboobs instead?

Is it just me or do the words "gritty" and "manboobs" not belong within spitting distance of each other?
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

The only problem I have with Luir's Outpost is that it seems that the only people who are there are gypsies and members of kurac.

Too bad there isn't an active way to survive there without being part of group A or group B.

Has anybody else survived without being sucked into those groups?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on August 08, 2008, 11:02:49 AM

I have, quite a few times. You DO need to be willing to do business with these groups, though.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

The only problem I have with Luir's Outpost is that it seems that the only people who are there are gypsies and members of kurac.

Too bad there isn't an active way to survive there without being part of group A or group B.

<insert shameless plug>
Jul Tavan frequent there a bit.
<end shameless plug>
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Kah.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

The Seik also can operate out of Luirs pretty effectively.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

It's easy to play an independent inside of Luir's.  I could think of a few things that might make it easier, like having additional shops in the market or items to buy like weapons, armor or tools (pickaxes, shovels, etc.).  It certainly isn't impossible.

Quote from: Ammut on August 09, 2008, 02:09:36 AM
It's easy to play an independent inside of Luir's.  I could think of a few things that might make it easier, like having additional shops in the market or items to buy like weapons, armor or tools (pickaxes, shovels, etc.).  It certainly isn't impossible.
Yeah, some lockpicks would be nice considering that every single freaking building is locked, hah. Oh, apartments would make Luir's own hardcore, too.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Apartments, plz.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

If I recall correctly there are reasons there are no apartments in Luir's.

Only NPCs are allowed to live there.

They are special.

Quote from: a strange shadow on August 09, 2008, 03:46:05 AM
If I recall correctly there are reasons there are no apartments in Luir's.

Because the Kuraci top boss enjoys the overpowering stench of mudsex in those 'private' rooms that can be found there?
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on August 09, 2008, 01:57:41 PM
Because the Kuraci top boss enjoys the overpowering stench of mudsex in those 'private' rooms that can be found there?

Space is really at a premium in Luir's and everyone who works there has to sacrifice a little privacy in order to linger.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Tisiphone on August 08, 2008, 11:06:45 AM
I have, quite a few times. You DO need to be willing to do business with these groups, though.

If you're going to go to Luir's looking for something to do, then you're likely going to get sucked in to all the other independent groups who have something to do and need people to get it done.  Independents with a purpose of their own fair well in Luir's.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Luirs is my favorite place IG. Period. Its amazing, so play there... not enough people in the Storms End.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Yam on August 09, 2008, 03:47:43 AM
Only NPCs are allowed to live there.

They are special.

False.  All non-kurac/gypsy NPCs live off site.  Citizenship is only sold to vNPCs, as there is less cleanup involved, and no sewage system needs to be maintained.  vShit doesn't stink.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.