"ya srsly"
"hai I'm LoD here's a story about a zoo"
"omg LoD posted now I'm gonna agree"
"me too"
"magick is bad like pollution!"
"pollution is bad? wat about if u drive a car??"
"omg there's so many magickers!!"
"ya and they're too nice"
"o hai I'm LoD and I'm back and here's a rly long post about bears, agree with me"
"omg LoD posted I'm gonna agree"
"hey look at me i spell magick with a j"
"GEMMERS SUCK RAR"

I think we answered the OP's question on page 1.

Quote from: ale six on June 23, 2008, 11:52:29 AM

And subsequent discussion should stop because of that?

Oh, and here's something to really drive home what you gleaned from my posts, ale six.

-LoD

Sarcasm and words.

Yeah thanks for helping the thread some more.  If you can show me a thread that doesn't start as one question, answer that question, and then expound upon that answer with agreements and disagreements...I'll show you a thread in Ask the Staff.  (which is then brought to another thread for the players to hash out about anyway)

So yeah thanks...

I think the problem is on both sides.  Magicker and mundane.  And I think that it won't be fixed, unless a group of players start playing the evil magickers and just f-ing everyone up.  And mundanes start going...OMG...that's the people's who wiped every tribal camp out!  And half of Luir's!  And two elf clans!  RUN THE FUCK AWAY!!

Then...maybe...people would get it...except that won't work either...because the 'good magickers who are loved and trusted by all' will be trying to help stop the 'bad magickers who just like to PK'.

So the only thing that can probably change it is in a few years when ARM 2.0 comes out...they document it this way again.  And people obey it.  And they ditch the tea addicted magicker idea.  So we don't have 'tame' magickers.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

oh ya totally your right we need more threads complaining about magickers on the gdb sorry my bad

Just start being really mean to any gemmed you see.... It's what I've started doing.  :)

Just make stuff up. Like at a tavern? Be really obnoxious about it. Try to run them out. Ungemmed 'gickers are to be feared and hated, but there's not much to fear with the gemmed considering they're pretty much under the templarate's thumb. So just hate them. Hate them alot. They're abominations allowed by the city, and hating the templars openly never ends well. So take out all that frustration on the gemmed themselves. :D

Actually it was the -ungemmed- I had that much exposure to, Shoka. It was as though every 3rd PC in the entire game was a magicker, and they all hung out in the same places. Now, granted, my character had need and reason to be in those places, which weren't city bars. So she had more opportunity for such massive exposure. But it still ended up the same way - my character had to do business with them, and so the only options were to put up with it and get used to it and learn to live with it, or - go insane. Since I was technically new (it was my first character, just very long-lived), I figured I'd take the easy way out and RP getting used to it.

I can't blame the magickers themselves really - most of them were very well played, and only a few of them went off on some really weird "oh we must all love each other kumbaya let's hug" stuff. My character just assumed THOSE people were the insane ones.  The ones who -would- scare the shit out of mundanes, were actually pretty scary people, if you hadn't spent the last 5 game-years hanging out with them as a result of commercial/political necessity. Some were scary even if you -did- have to hang out with them.

But again, it wasn't the magicks that made them scary, because after awhile, that whole "omg it's a magicker" just wasn't very impressive. It was the individuals who were scary, because of who they were. Rather than because of which skillset their player picked.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 23, 2008, 12:16:43 PM
Just start being really mean to any gemmed you see.... It's what I've started doing.  :)

Just make stuff up. Like at a tavern? Be really obnoxious about it. Try to run them out. Ungemmed 'gickers are to be feared and hated, but there's not much to fear with the gemmed considering they're pretty much under the templarate's thumb. So just hate them. Hate them alot. They're abominations allowed by the city, and hating the templars openly never ends well. So take out all that frustration on the gemmed themselves. :D

Exactly. You should expect that here and there you're going to lose a pc to pissing off the wrong one and try not to OOCly get mad about it. After all your pc asked for it. Too often I see people do this and then when something happens to their pc because of it they come running to the GDB spouting off with more OOC magicker-hate, etc. There's nothing wrong with acting IC for your character (to an extent, kank-riding elves are not acceptable), you should always expect and accept that there will be IC consequences to those actions.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I'm glad we still have players like Desertman.

I thought I was the last of a kind left.

My obsidian spear in your face is just as scary as your stupid magick.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

THREAD SUMMARY:

"Hai guys wat should I do if I see a magicker?"
"Omg you should run dude"
"Ya run"
"Be afraid they're SCAAAAAAAAAAARY"
"You should attack them out of fear"
"No way man that's dumb"
"ya srsly"
"hai I'm LoD here's a story about a zoo"
"omg LoD posted now I'm gonna agree"
"me too"
"magick is bad like pollution!"
"pollution is bad? wat about if u drive a car??"
"omg there's so many magickers!!"
"ya and they're too nice"
"o hai I'm LoD and I'm back and here's a rly long post about bears, agree with me"
"omg LoD posted I'm gonna agree"
"hey look at me i spell magick with a j"
"GEMMERS SUCK RAR"

Summary of the above summary....

emote dodges to the side as a gigantic arcing flame tears through the thread, annihilating all those with opinions, especially those who agree with LOD.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Malken on June 23, 2008, 12:37:37 PM
I'm glad we still have players like Desertman.

I thought I was the last of a kind left.

My obsidian spear in your face is just as scary as your stupid magick.

Only because you know OOCly what my magicks can do.

Thanks for proving my point.

If you had no clue what my magicks could do...you might be afraid I'm going to remove your penis, replace it with your spear...with the tip point going -in- and your penis up your behind.

But since you know I can't.  You don't care.  I appreciate it when you help.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

My obsidian spear can remove your magicker penis just as well if I aim it just right.

Do I refrain from staring at the moons because I don't know if they'll curse me if I do? Do I refrain from whores because my friend Amos died mysteriously a day after spending the night with one?

So the next magicker you play better be terribly afraid of my ranger just as much as you want my ranger to be afraid of your magicker. Then we can both ignore each other and we'll both be happier for it.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  The OP's question was answered in relatively short order (before the inevitable descent into magicker debate).

If you'd like to relive years-old debates/discussions about magickers, you can go
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
and here.  (There are more, but I got tired of copying the links into a nonspammy format.)

As a last note, if you are a new (or old) player and have questions about a topic that concerns you, you can use the search feature on the GDB to dig up any old references to the topic.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.