Under Tuluk

Started by elvenchipmunk, January 08, 2008, 08:04:21 PM

January 08, 2008, 08:04:21 PM Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:27:26 PM by elvenchipmunk
Since everyone's doing it... ;D

The ruins of Old Tuluk (UnderTuluk) are often overlooked by players. This is just a reminder that, although there is a rather small playerbase there, it is a very interesting area of the game and you should check it out if you haven't!

Elvenchipmunk

Edit: Changed title.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Considering I didn't even know this was a place where people played, thank you.

It's not like the 'rinth or anything though. It's a lawful area of Tuluk, just under reconstruction. It's intended to be an area of expansion, with new shops and homes and things. It's like Freil's, or Red Sun Commons, etc. Just another one of the territories lawfully governed under the qynar system.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 09, 2008, 12:45:12 AM
It's a lawful area of Tuluk...

...mostly.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Heh. The fun part isn't lawful.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Yes. The section east of the city is lawful. Go walk around there. Explore somewhat. Read the room descriptions. There's more to it than meets the eye.

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/underTuluk.html

QuoteIf you grew up in UnderTuluk...

...while Tuluk's all-seeing and all-knowing Templarate seems to pervade the city, ruling with their benevolent, firm fist, there exists another realm of the Sun King; a cavernous netherworld where even His light does not pierce: Undertuluk.

Consisting of collapsed sections of the original destroyed city, UnderTuluk is a network of natural caves and tunnels interspersed with derelict domiciles and ruins. In this underbelly a thriving alternative to Tuluki society dwells, carving out a living from dishonest trade, black market dealings, crime and all manner of villainy. While there is a central market area, called the Shadow Souk, where trade takes place freely and those so inclined may venture with comparatively little risk to life or limb, as one moves beyond the beaten path dangers increase.

The gangs, predatory groups that claim parts of the tunnels for themselves, have splashed graffiti on tunnel walls, a constantly changing testimony of the wins and losses of unceasing battles for limited resources and territory. Some areas are so dark and dangerous even the gangs won't venture into: environs ruled by rumors of walking corpses that feed on the flesh of the living and bubbles of vile magick that burst in reality-warping occurrences to challenge the sanity of any soul unfortunate enough to happen upon them. Still, there are those, drawn by the tales of untold riches of old Tuluk, just waiting to be uncovered, who risk their lives to go ever further into the cavernous network, hoping to one day find some noble's ancient cache of heirlooms or the find of all finds, metal.

The residents of UT are the dregs and outcasts of society. Mutants, deviants, criminals, and misanthropes they congregate in the caverns and are joined by one common theme: they hate and in turn are hated by the surface world. Whether a born rebel, disgusted by the totalitarian regime of the Dominion or a psychopath, unable to satisfy its sadistic impulses within sight of the Templarate, all walks of life can be found. Varying degrees of hatred are common. Some feel a mild dislike and aversion to the surface while others are downright murderous toward surface dwellers.

© 2006 Armageddon Mud
    Submitted by Bakha
-Winston Churchill

Personally,

I feel that UnderTuluk feels like 'rinth lite.  They do have their own personality, but it's not as strong as the personality as the labyrinth.

I think that a unique set of clothing, food, and drugs could make a big difference.

There are 'things' to do in the Tunnel, if you feel up to it.  There could be more...  but I doubt changes will be added to the game in it's current state.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The Old Quarter (formerly the Ruins) is part of Tuluk.  This is the above-ground area.

UnderTuluk is not.  This is, as the name implies, the underground area.

It's an important distinction, especially when it comes to lawfulness.  Consider yourselves forewarned.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

FUNderTuluk.

That almost makes sense.

More like Chunder Tuluk.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Name: Spark, Lightning-King of Thunder Tuluk.
Guild: Elkran
Sdesc: The blond, spiky-haired man
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

FunderTuluk is full of Slumber Bumbles.

Quote from: jstorrie on January 10, 2008, 12:32:27 AM
FunderTuluk is full of Slumber Bumbles.

THUNDERTULUK. GET IT RIGHT, MAN.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

- Just to help chipmunk out here, I've never played a character based there, I've lost more than one underneath tuluk.  ;)

There's a lot more going, like said above, but it is very interesting RP, and as to the other thread about getting involved in plots, this is a great place to do so. However... it's... not really safe in any way, so know what you're doing if it's not intended to be a throw-away character.                                         

Tuluk is already as dead as dead can be, is it really a good idea to go and ask what few characters remain there to go and isolate themselves even further more than an already isolated city, player-wise?  ???

I have a good location for all of you to try out, it's called the Sanctuary.  :P
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I've had a couple characters who've lived and worked in UT.

It's a tough, 'on the edge' existence, and I don't recommend it for anyone who doesn't have balls of steel.

Quote from: Malken on January 10, 2008, 01:38:29 PM
Tuluk is already as dead as dead can be, is it really a good idea to go and ask what few characters remain there to go and isolate themselves even further more than an already isolated city, player-wise?  ???

I have a good location for all of you to try out, it's called the Sanctuary.  :P

Tuluk's player base is fine. I see players every time I'm on (I play peak times). If people want to play in UnderTuluk and it spreads out Tuluk's playerbase then we'll just have to deal with it, won't we?

This was a simple advertisement to let people know that UnderTuluk is indeed somewhere you can play, and you should try it if you haven't yet. If you don't like it, then suicide and make a Nakki warrior or whatever floats your boat.

I like to play in and around Tuluk, and am making an attempt at getting others to at least -try- this aspect of the game. So again, if you've not played UnderTuluk yet, you should give it a shot before the game ends!

Elvenchipmunk
-Winston Churchill

Are there tips you can give total UT newbies like myself without getting too IC?

Hmmm...
It's sort of like the 'rinth in a few ways. The most important being that it's likely a good idea to dress appropriately. Dress like anyone else you see down there (very cheaply!).

And though players are -very- scarce at the moment, if you find somewhere you think looks like it might be a semi-popular hang-out area, maybe wait around there for a little while every now and then and you might meet up with someone.

Play realistically, and you should have no (very few?) problems.

Elvenchipmunk
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: Troicha on January 10, 2008, 07:50:49 PM
Are there tips you can give total UT newbies like myself without getting too IC?

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/underTuluk.html

There are groups of people who are 'anti city folk' people.

There are groups of people who can't exist up top.

It's tunnels, right?  So you've got tunnel people.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Bring a spare torch or twelve.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on January 11, 2008, 03:42:41 AM

Bring a spare torch or twelve.

Irrig-beetle lamp-staves.  Gotta love 'em.

Quote from: rufus on January 12, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
Irrig-beetle lamp-staves.  Gotta love 'em.

QFT.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

QFT = quoted for truth.