Under Tuluk

Started by elvenchipmunk, January 08, 2008, 08:04:21 PM

What does QFT mean?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Muwahaha. It does my heart good to see someone say that you need "balls of steel" to play in UT.

I am sorry that it's not as linked into the rest of Tuluk as it should be. I had intended for it to have several access points, so that playing in UT didn't equal complete and total isolation from mainstream Tuluk, but instead served as a haven for criminals who engaged in criminal acts topside. I did also want to offer the ability of someone to sustain and entertain themselves down there, or at least give the illusion that it was possible. At the time of the redesign of UT, we were moving away from iso clans and iso locations, so I didn't want to make it too isolated or too self-sustaining. I had big plans for the place but having a second child destroyed my ability to continue to work on it. It's still an area that has a lot of potential and quite a bit of uniqueness, as others have noted. It just never lived up to all it could be.
ack to retirement for the school year.

I've been in UT for a few days now.... And it is definitely a very interesting place. With more people, I'm sure it could live up to its potential.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 29, 2008, 07:13:00 PM
I've been in UT for a few days now.... And it is definitely a very interesting place. With more people, I'm sure it could live up to its potential.

QFT!

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 29, 2008, 07:13:00 PM

Weren't you just recruiting for the 'rinth. Sheesh man pick one or the other.  :P

;D

Seriously though.... There needs to be more people here for me to play with.

I'm so lonely....  :'(

I wonder why that one particular elf doesn't just give up and leave. Poor guy.

Just wondering has anyone started playing here since this post was made? I stopped playing for a little while so I'm not sure. Is UnderTuluk hopping or still desolate?

Thanks,
Elvenchipmunk
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

I've had several UT characters and have spent hours in the tunnels...only to find no other players. That's the big problem, complete lack of RP. I deffinately agree that it has amazing potential though.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

I think a little OOC coordination love would make UT a plausible place to play. Like if the Imms sponsored a role or two centered there. Or if a player started a tribe of city elves down there, or something.
That's the only way I'd start a character there, though; if I was promised I'd have people to interact with.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

So it's still sparse, is it? Well, could one of the Staff Members maybe chime in here and let us know if a few of us could coordinate something? Or does somebody want to e-mail the Staff and check the possibilities? I would be all for getting two or three people together and get something going.

Elvenchipmunk
-Winston Churchill

I'd be happy to be involved if staff were to take some action to shove a firecracker up the asshole of UT's playerbase.

-ginka's law

Jeez guys, this thread is all the OOC coordination you need.  You don't need staff to tell you that you can all go and make characters in underTuluk right now together and create some badass plots.  Make it happen!
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Advice: roll up a character who lives in Undertuluk–a pickpocket or a burglar, say. Steal to stay alive for a while. Stay alive for a while. When the next guy does that, you guys pal down and have fun; then some more people do that and you play with them, too. Yeah?

I've played a few character down there exclusively and I -really- want to like UT...  I do. 

But it's small and incredibly limiting, even if there were more than one or two players stationed there at a time.

I believe the area -needs- more extensive linking to Tuluk proper, as well as the outdoors...

There are a number of things I would like to see improved, but I highly doubt they will be, at this juncture.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

I couldn't agree more. It has to be a bit more PC friendly...more interactiveness down there besides with the things that wanna kill you.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

If you have been avoiding UnderTuluk because of the non-existant playerbase, now is a good time to play there.

-Elvenchipmunk
-Winston Churchill

Just in case there was any confusion, we're trying to build a playerbase in UT. This does not mean come down and train on all our NPCs then run away when you see us, this means you ACTUALLY play and RP in UT. Just thought I would clear up any confusion.

-ginka's law

Quote from: deconstruct99 on April 16, 2008, 08:31:36 PM
Just in case there was any confusion, we're trying to build a playerbase in UT. This does not mean come down and train on all our NPCs then run away when you see us, this means you ACTUALLY play and RP in UT. Just thought I would clear up any confusion.

-breaks into song and dance- You can't always get what you waaaaaant.

But I can at least pretend  :P

-ginka's law

Alright, so there have definitely been people dropping down to say hello, but you need to hang around if you want to meet anyone! Sure, attacking everything in sight is tempting, but try not to do that, especially the MERCHANTS. If you play between about 5pm - 11pm EST, then you should just wait around that particular pub, and you should meet someone sooner rather than later. If you're down just to kill everything, everything might start killing you back  :-*

Ciao,
UT

I thought I'd just bump this to remind anyone looking for an interesting role to play, that Under Tuluk is still there. If you've never played a Tuluki criminal, this is a good place to start. You don't even need to play a combat-oriented criminal, or even a criminal for that matter (but that's no fun :P).

There's an excerpt earlier in this thread detailing what life in UnderTuluk is like, typically. If you have anymore questions that you do not necessarily want to post on the boards, feel free to send me a Private Message. Of course, nothing IC. Send those questions to the staff. Myrdryn is currently handling all things Under Tuluki I do believe.

Hope to see you in the tunnels soon!
-Elvenchipmunk
-Winston Churchill

Some awsome shit is going on in UT lately, I'd deffinately recommend giving it a shot.

-ginka's law