The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

Quote from: Cind on December 16, 2009, 07:54:26 AM
I think people are frightened of playing in the Rinth. Maybe that's why the deadness of the place.

I'm intrigued now but unfortunately I just sent an application to make a new character. However, she is, overnight due to the disaster, suddenly alone without a family, heavily traumatized and pocketed with burns.

I want to take part in the Rinth now, but as a regular commoner, am I allowed to? Actually, does anyone from the Rinth want to include me in their plot, as an outsider from normal Allanak? I'm dying to be in a plotline and all this talk of how awesome the Rinth is intrigues me. I play a character that has no ties with anything, save that I am not a Rinther and would be hard-pressed to enter that place, like any goodie Allanaki.

This reeks of "the grass is always greener" syndrome. There's likely to be good players and fun plots anywhere, places like the 'rinth don't get any more because it's the 'rinth.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 16, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
There's likely to be good players and fun plots anywhere, places like the 'rinth don't get any more because it's the 'rinth.

Less play, probably. It's more difficult to latch on to the plots in the Rinth besides, because everyone is busy being sneaky. Or busy being dead.

Cind -- check out the Byn. It's cliche and all, but that's where you're going to find easy access to plots and (usually) (hopefully) plenty of other players to interact with.  Or, go for a merchant or noble house that seems to have a reasonable number of active players.

Quote from: musashi on December 16, 2009, 09:39:39 AM
Just a heads up Cind, generally we aren't supposed to talk about our recent PC's or try to set things up IC, using the discussion board. We prefer to handle all of that completely inside the game.

I don't mean to be mean or anything, just letting you know since you seem new. I hope you're having a lot of fun though! Welcome to Armageddon!

Truth...  Find out IC.  ;)
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Cind on December 16, 2009, 07:54:26 AM
I think people are frightened of playing in the Rinth. Maybe that's why the deadness of the place.

I'm intrigued now but unfortunately I just sent an application to make a new character. However, she is, overnight due to the disaster, suddenly alone without a family, heavily traumatized and pocketed with burns.

I want to take part in the Rinth now, but as a regular commoner, am I allowed to? Actually, does anyone from the Rinth want to include me in their plot, as an outsider from normal Allanak? I'm dying to be in a plotline and all this talk of how awesome the Rinth is intrigues me. I play a character that has no ties with anything, save that I am not a Rinther and would be hard-pressed to enter that place, like any goodie Allanaki.

join usss

I don't think anyone realizes how many HOT CHICKS live in the 'rinth.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on December 17, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
That's a joke, right?

Unless you mean 'hot' as in 'she's a rogue krathi, omg' hot, then yeah. I guess so.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

He forgot to mention you'll need to shave them completely and sand-blast their skin... and possibly perform some field dentistry... ;D
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 17, 2009, 03:42:53 PM
Quote from: Aaron Goulet on December 17, 2009, 03:11:19 PM
That's a joke, right?

Unless you mean 'hot' as in 'she's a rogue krathi, omg' hot, then yeah. I guess so.

Shhh!  You're ruining my plot to steal people to the 'rinth!   ;)

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder;  some guys like disfigured women with lots of missing teeth.  Oh baby...
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

I want the rinth. It's smokin' hot.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on December 17, 2009, 03:50:35 PM
Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder;  some guys like disfigured women with lots of missing teeth.  Oh baby...

It's not the missing teeth I'm worried about. It's the extra ones you can't see.

I think Delirium knows what I'm talking about.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on December 17, 2009, 07:33:59 PM
It's not the missing teeth I'm worried about. It's the extra ones you can't see.

I think Delirium knows what I'm talking about.

Oh man, thanks for the reminder...

Is this a vagina dentata reference?

Even better:  Wikipedia delivers.

p.s. "minor" penectomy? Talk about an oxymoron.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 17, 2009, 08:05:04 PM
Is this a vagina dentata reference?

Even better:  Wikipedia delivers.

p.s. "minor" penectomy? Talk about an oxymoron.

As awful as that sounds - there is something serious fuct about south africa:

Quote from: wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_South_Africa
It is estimated that a woman born in South Africa has a greater chance of being raped than learning how to read.[2]

I say break out the Jaap Haumann.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Whenever I have a southsider, I always end up visiting the 'rinth if I have an IC reason to. The hardest part is remembering that that four large helmet you just bought is -easily- worth the effort it would take to kill you for it.

Over. And Over. And Over.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Everybody loves the 'rinth because you can kill shit with bone swords.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on December 23, 2009, 09:35:13 PM
Everybody loves the 'rinth because you can kill shit with bone swords.

I usually find myself being the one who gets kilt, because I dress too much like an NPC.

The 'rinth will be my next grave site.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on December 23, 2009, 11:09:06 PM
The 'rinth will be my next grave site.

Good luck finding a place where you can buy a shovel.  ;D

Quote from: jmordetsky on December 17, 2009, 08:51:19 PM
It is estimated that a woman born in South Africa has a greater chance of being raped than learning how to read.[2]

Sounds like Zalanthas, amirite?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote from: Reverend Green on December 24, 2009, 04:38:59 PM
Quote from: jmordetsky on December 17, 2009, 08:51:19 PM

Sounds like Zalanthas, amirite?

Would be without consent rules.

-nod-

Edited for Zalanthan accuracy.
It is estimated that anyone born in Zalanthas has a greater chance of being raped than learning how to read.[2]
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Sold me, I want to get as far away from stupid plains ox as I can.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I would play in the Labyrinth but the day wait for making a character kills me and I know I'd likely die my first day there and be at the back of the line all over again.  :P

Quote from: AClockworkMelon on March 27, 2010, 04:15:39 AM
I would play in the Labyrinth but the day wait for making a character kills me and I know I'd likely die my first day there and be at the back of the line all over again.  :P

Try it, it's a good time for being a rinther. It could be a good experience. It's not more dangerous than being a ranger for example.