The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

The 'Rinth -also- wants you to stop thinking you can train on NPCs....

It never ends well.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 03, 2009, 10:36:01 PM

It never ends well.

UT agrees with this sentiment.

It *should* never end well.

But if PCs stopped training on NPCs, who would I have to train on?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 03, 2009, 10:36:01 PM

It never ends well.

Yeah, it's much cooler to go out and join a clan southside for a while and spar up, then go back to the alleys as a certified badass.   ::)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Can't alley rats spar each other? I've seen that happen a few times in a certain place in the 'rinth.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 04, 2009, 08:41:04 AM
Can't alley rats spar each other? I've seen that happen a few times in a certain place in the 'rinth.

When they happen to be around and allied, sure.  In the Rinth, as well, there's usually no IC reason not to go knock over NPCs in opposing gangs (or southsiders at night), aside from fear of reprisal. The idea here is to expect that reprisal, because it should come around sooner or later.

I'm liking the fighting pits of the Shallows of Basal. Clears up this problem, and another.

Rinth sucks!........pffffft! HAHA......I honestly just had to say it just to see how it felt, and I was right, it's silliness........RINTH_POWER!!!
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

Only 15 pages?   Doesn't the 'rinith want me any more?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

i just joined the 'rinth after my last pc tried to shake hands with a Mek.

So far... npc's are trying to kill me when i walk into some rooms. it's fun!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Ummmm, me gusto mucho le Rinth? Do I need to say anymore?

I'm currently on personal hiatus, but my next character will be a 'rinther. How about you?

Played one briefly not too long ago.  Look forward to doing another soon.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Be careful what you wish for.

i played me a rinthi lasted a bit longer then my Bynner, heh. it was alot of fun, i'll be back to the rinth soon enough. just trying out many differant aspects of the game.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Mr_Fire-
~Let others screw light bulbs in water faucets. Who cares?~

The 'rinth really doesn't want you. At all.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

It sure wants your bootless corpse though.

I heard the sewer rats even codely take boots from the corpses now. NEWB BOOT RAT HUNT!

Am I wandering the rinth at the wrong time when you're all napping, or is it just quieter than the last time I was active there?  Wondering if I should lurk more or try a different plan!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Kyviantre on December 03, 2009, 05:29:37 PM
Am I wandering the rinth at the wrong time when you're all napping, or is it just quieter than the last time I was active there?  Wondering if I should lurk more or try a different plan!

Try a different one?...  :D

Scan.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Oops, I accidentally all the PCs.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

wtf... happened.  I'm not even sure how to describe the 'rinth right now without flaming everybody my PC ran into.

Sounds pretty normal to me.