The Rinth Wants You!

Started by morrigan, November 30, 2007, 10:38:03 AM

Quote from: Gobbleneck on December 07, 2009, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: BlazinDayz on December 07, 2009, 03:12:34 PM
Sounds pretty normal to me.
Blah.

Usually you never run into the "cool" rinthi PCs until they want to meet you. *shrug*

Give it some time... there might be one just around the corner.
;)

'Rinth is full of twinks.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Is this the -cool- place to be now?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

By my calculations, the cool place to be is Tuluk.
The hot place is Allanak.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Spider on December 07, 2009, 03:31:33 PM
Give it some time... there might be one just around the corner.
;)
Not anymore.
AHAHAHA!

Quote from: Gobbleneck on December 07, 2009, 03:08:16 PM
wtf... happened.  I'm not even sure how to describe the 'rinth right now without flaming everybody my PC ran into.

Wow.... you are totally right. :-[

It's really not that bad at all, as far as I've noticed....

The Rinth always wants us! How come we never want the Rinth!!!??? This seems like an all take and no give relationship.....:( Poor Rinth.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

If you're gonna make a character in 'Rinth, try to keep it alive for -at least- a week, yeah?

Can't expect the PC population of the alleys to jump up to interesting levels overnight, y'know.

I've brushed paths with the labyrinth but never played inside. Well when I was a noob I went around backstabbing everything before an imm killed me, that doesn't count. The RP from those players is always stellar, especially recently. I just feel like -I- would be stifled in an area like that after awhile, but the possibilities are endless I think. I highly encourage this.

The 'rinth is fun!

:D
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Protip: Don't idle out in the open.

Shit happens when you do that.

Just a friendly reminder.  ;)

God forbid you should suddenly have to go AFK for something.

One of the many reasons I hate playing classes that don't have hide or invisibility.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I've honestly never had a bad time in the Rinth.
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

Quote from: Synthesis on December 14, 2009, 10:01:16 PM
God forbid you should suddenly have to go AFK for something.

One of the many reasons I hate playing classes that don't have hide or invisibility.

Well considering 'Rinth has more quit rooms clustered in one area than in any other part of the game (As far as I've noticed, could be wrong (Barring apartments)), it's generally not a huge deal.

I think people are frightened of playing in the Rinth. Maybe that's why the deadness of the place.

I'm intrigued now but unfortunately I just sent an application to make a new character. However, she is, overnight due to the disaster, suddenly alone without a family, heavily traumatized and pocketed with burns.

I want to take part in the Rinth now, but as a regular commoner, am I allowed to? Actually, does anyone from the Rinth want to include me in their plot, as an outsider from normal Allanak? I'm dying to be in a plotline and all this talk of how awesome the Rinth is intrigues me. I play a character that has no ties with anything, save that I am not a Rinther and would be hard-pressed to enter that place, like any goodie Allanaki.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on December 16, 2009, 07:54:26 AM
I want to take part in the Rinth now, but as a regular commoner, am I allowed to? Actually, does anyone from the Rinth want to include me in their plot, as an outsider from normal Allanak? I'm dying to be in a plotline and all this talk of how awesome the Rinth is intrigues me. I play a character that has no ties with anything, save that I am not a Rinther and would be hard-pressed to enter that place, like any goodie Allanaki.

Are you allowed to take part in the 'rinth, as a southsider? Absolutely. 'Rinthers are either born in the alleys, or they come up from Allanak out of desperation. 'Rinth has things that Allanak proper doesn't, and doesn't have things that Allanak has (like templars and soldiers patrolling the streets), and there are plenty of good reasons to go to the 'rinth for what it has or what it doesn't have. Don't be surprised if you have trouble fitting in as a "newcomer" around people that were born in the alleys, though.

Will you be included in plots? The only way to find out is to go there.

Just a heads up Cind, generally we aren't supposed to talk about our recent PC's or try to set things up IC, using the discussion board. We prefer to handle all of that completely inside the game.

I don't mean to be mean or anything, just letting you know since you seem new. I hope you're having a lot of fun though! Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I've always viewed the Rinth as downtown Orlando, right where the bayou meets the suburbs....except less tropical.....people always trying to mug you or shoot you unless you belong to a specific group or gang. But even then people are still trying to gut you like a pig.
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

I started this thread and haven't said anything since. So...come to the rinth! It's great..it's fun. I love it, and it makes me feel like a proud parent to see my thread growing so big. *sniff*

The 'Rinth is still a happenin' place, dudes and dudettes.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle