Recording History

Started by Sanvean, August 02, 2007, 08:23:30 PM

Is this sort of thing worth while putting time into: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko1jGL4InGo? Are people interested in seeing more of these? Is anyone interested in recording their own?  Are there artists who are okay with me using their Arm artwork and putting narration over it?  I know the audio is crap in this one -- be patient, I'm learning this as I go along.

Sweet.  I totally play that person on youtube's online text-based computer game.

Seriously, though, I definitely enjoy hearing about Arm's history, particularly from the staff perspective.

I am exactly the type of player who adores the "geek-out".  Thank you, Sanvean.  Carry on, please?

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

This is much awesome.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Yay! It was fun to do, so  there will be more.

Whoooooa!  I love it and I want to do one!

You are very courageous, Sanvean, it took me about 300 tries and 2 hours to make a 10 seconds happy birthday webcam video to a friend of mine :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Excellent!  I love it.

You have a very soothing voice, too.

I would definitely be interested in seeing more, though I don't really think I've been around long enough to contribute.  I certainly love stories (don't we all, or we wouldn't be here).
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I especially enjoy hearing the pronunciations from a staff member heh.

I always though of Sanvean pronounce San-vee-an, not San-veen.

And Kuraci as Cur-ah-chi, not Cur-a-ki.

Definately good stuff, look forward to more!
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

"Yeah, I play this cool game, I'm a Crotchy Outrider!"
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

This was neat. I think you could produce the Ultimate Guided Meditation, Sanvean.

NERD ALERT
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I think I was quite clear about how nerdy it was :)

Quote from: "Sanvean"I think I was quite clear about how nerdy it was :)

Maybe we should have a standard disclaimar "Nerd alert" for all videos with some music!

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

I thought that was really nifty, and the audio was just fine for me.  Let's see more.

The audio levels were a bit low, if you ask me.  A better microphone or a microphone placed closer for better pickup (just be careful to check your sound levels so that you're not overdriving) or a combination may improve the audio.

Actually, a class I'm in right now is talking about this sort of stuff.  Heh, if you were able to get to Minneapolis and wanted something with excellent lighting and superb audio, I could get ahold of some good equipment, but I'm thinking that's a long trip for this sort of thing. :P
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah, it's a bit of a road trip, alas. :)  Going to try an external mike next time, rather than rely on the webcam one.

This is pretty cool.  I thought you were going to say:

"Perhaps you were trying to hook up with that Kuraci for some...steamy mudsex."

I mean...I was there for the spice, I swear.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I enjoyed it. It helps bring a personal, softer image to the staff and gives newer players an insight into some of our colored rollercoaster history. The blog entries also help that as well.

Keep em coming, please. Also, utube video of the APM would be awesome for us folks who can't go to such things anymore.
Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Added a second one -- I'll try to make this a weekly thing from now on. Be aware there is a slight magic spoiler in this one.

...but where?  I am sad.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I like the earmuffs.
Someone says, out of character:
     "no, the mace did not explode, that was his testicle"

Pretty hawt, aren't they? Very Princess Leia.